ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, March 31, 2007

~Every Day I'm Better~ :-)

Every day I'm feeling a little better and I am glad. I was
so tired of laying down all the time. It does get old. Well,
specially if you can really only lay one way in any kind of
comfort. For me on my back, and im finding the flatter I
can lay the better. I can't really lay real flat as I have a
hiatial hernia which means no laying real flat for any
length of time.. Mine gives me fits a lot of times. Even
if I drink liquids that are too cold, I did that once in a
store on a hot day, I ran in to get a Pepsi and I opened
it, took a big gulp and immediately started to choke. The
only thing that helps is to just relax and it will go down ..I
bet I coughed and gagged and choked what, to me, was
like forever, but it did stop. Its a scarey feeling though. I
learned not to drink ICE COLD stuff, well not if I don't wanna
choke and make a fool out of myself anyway..

I made some rice today and put the sauce that Penny
made over it and it sure was good..sort of like a Spanish
rice.. she did really good on that sauce, Shes a very good
cook..We had planned on her making a meat loaf for me,
as that is one of my very best favorites next to fries and
gravy. My ex mother in law would ask us what we wanted
her to fix for our birthday dinner that she had for each of
us on our days, and of course mine was meat loaf and
poppy seed cake. She made THE very best, and what
was great we each got to take home the leftovers.. I made
sure that everyone only got a sliver of a piece of cake too.
I wanted the rest to take home~! :-)

I stayed up too long yesterday and when I did finally go back
to bed I was over tired and was so restless I just couldn't
fall asleep, I havent been waking up every 3 or 4 hours tho
like I was before.. I hate when I do that. But then too I havent
been really eating or drinking as much as I did before all
this flu mess.. There are a lot around here that are sick with
this stuff, I know I sure wouldn't wanna get it back that's for
sure.. I had my share..

ITs a gloomy dark rainy day and cold too. The guy across
the street has an old cutlass over there that hes working on
and I swear sounds like a jet taking off its so loud..The body
on it is wonderful..its an older one but I don't know what year.
I would say 70's..He has lots of older cars over there that I
think he buys and fixes up then sells them..he never has them
there for long I notice..He started that up at 7:30 this morning
and we were NOT prepared to hear that car start up and I
mean scared all 3 of us.. I jumped..good thing I was already
up, and both the cats ran! :-) scaredy cats they are...

This isnt real long- its early again..but I cant help it.. I want
to watch TV and maybe later come back on again..Do this up
and down in short shifts- then maybe they will work out in
to one longer one.Wasn't a good idea to start out with one long
one. But I hope I can get back again later before today is over,
then I can keep up on my inbox, and get some replys sent ..

Thanks for all the get well wishes and good suggestions for
feeling better, I need all I can get..Its greatly appreciated :-)
Time for my famous GORGEOUS weeble words again ...
"nitey nite " :-D

Y'all have a good one, Now Y'hear? love ya! and thanks..:-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

7 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    SOOOO glad you're feeling better. Hope to-day has been even better than yesterday. Sorry i didn't post yesterday - I'm not used to these early posts!!
    That rice sounds really good. I'm on my third day of chicken stew!! I ring the changes with the vegetables. I didn't try dumplings to-day - yesterday's were a tad under-cooked.
    I shall be glad when Management gets back, even if it is only to feed the Brute!!
    Mind you, I'm enjoying the freedom to do what I like. ;o)
    Take care, my dear, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am tired at 9:45pm (almost 22h) a woman in the nabe does not always like her meals on wheels so I had carrot salad, 3-bean salad kasha and my own meat selections. When I get tired I go to bed maybe that keeps me well.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    So glad you are feeling better today...I never lay flat...alway want my head a foot or 2 highter..and my knee up a little too...I got Becky old electic Hospital Bed now, you can't raise the whole bed up, but I don't need that working...yep just the head a nd knee will take care of me...

    My children loved Spanish rice, I use to cook a lot of it. Love fixing meals for everyone, that was a great time in my life...

    Lois take it easy for a while, don't over due it.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydear!
    All things (well most), have a good side and a bad side. I bet you only have good sides (well mostly)..... But the good side of the bad side: allways having to lay flat on your back... Is that if i came near you, i wouldnt have to turn you all over to kiss you. But on the other hand, your butt shurely would need some kissing tooooo.
    Thinkin of ya allways dearie, but that is no news to you...
    Take care and KAO´s 4 u
    ****+*
    Your one and only
    ROB

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good morning,
    Im up for a little while this morning but not for long. I feel a tad better, Im getting there slow but sure. I still feel fevery though, and that wears me down if Im up too long. I will be so glad when I am back to me again :-)
    So nice to hear from all of you, sure means alot to me.. :-)
    Hope you have a good sunday,
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Lois
    Spring has arrived here and today is beautiful - warmish (14c), clear blue skies and sunshine. I am going to clean my greenhouse this afternoon and, if I get time, set some seeds - tomatoes and some herbs.
    I am on holiday now until after Easter - we have some decorating planned - but I want to make some time for sewing and Family History.
    Take care and look after yourself"!
    Talk soon
    Julie x
    For the boys xxxx

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie~!~
    So nice to hear from you. Holidays are always so nice to have. Wish I could get some of this material I have over to you to help you make your quilts :-)
    Hope your having a great sunday :-)
    Kinda nice here..cool but nice..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker