ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

~I Was Up For A Few~

I made it up for a little while..I still am not well at all.. I did stay
awake while Penny was here which surprised me as I havent
stayed awake that long in 2 days now.. I have no idea what it
is. I think it is just a flu..I got a serious chill when I went to the
Dr as it was cold out..and there have been quite a few
people here as well.. so there is no telling what I have been
exposed to.. But this is the sickest I have been in awhile and
needless to say I don't like it a bit.. :-(

I got the risers delivered today, I was glad UPS delivered
them while Penny was here as the just left the box out on the
porch .. I got them for my bed..but if I can get my new bed
I will use them for my couch so that I can sit on that.. I have
THE most comfy one ever..Its old but to look at it or sit on
it you would never believe its 40 years old..Was my mom
and dads..When Stanley comes the first thing he does is
lay down on that couch and go instantly asleep and tells
me every time how comfortable it is..its 8 feet long and
he can stretch out totally..to look at it ..you would never
know how old it is.. I miss sitting on it..and many many
times I have slept on it..

I did eat a little today when Penny came.. I told her these
trips to the potty are just awful..so I have been afraid
to eat anything to make me have to make even more
trips in there.. But I did eat some mashed potatoes and
gravy and she got me my favorite ICEE..I love those things
and it sure tasted good.. I just have NO appetite at all
and I know I need to eat or I will get weaker, then pulling
this body of mine into this chair a dozen times I have to
keep that strength up, Ive not had anything since sunday.
My boys have been sticking to me like glue..LB makes
sure he has his favorite spot between my stumps and if
the boy tries to lay down there he makes him move real
fast..Dutch has been sleeping on my chest right under
my chin..They got into a serious fight to day and would
not stop..Penny noticed the clumps of hair in the living
room so she knew they were fighting.. THey fight horrible
make each other scream..and then are all licks and pets
on each other ..Kids..:-)

I am headed back to my bed..and again sorry for the
early post but I have to do this while I am up and "on
my feet" so to speak.. My right stump in all of this has been
a real buggar ..aching and sleeping as much as me..It
has woke me up a few times even its bothering me so
bad.. I go to the vascular Dr on the 3rd so I will be asking
some questions..this just doesn't seem that it should be
like this..Anyway..


Thank you so much for all the get well wishes and offers
to come and help me.. I sure wish you could and I deeply
appreciate your loving concern..it makes me feel better,
it really does to know you care.. thank you..Time for
this Sickly GORGEOUS Weeble to go back to bed..
"Nitey Nite".

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I hope you feel better soon, Lois.

    Boy, your cats really know where to sleep! I think they are trying to take care of you.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello again Lois
    Good to see that you were up and about for a little while. I had the flu earlier this winter and it took me 3 weeks to feel well again and that was after having a flu jab!
    Tale care of yourself - sounds as if you have two living hot water bottles - drink lots and stay warm.
    Julie x

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is is no fun to be sick. I am almost never sick - knock on wood. I try to eat well, exercise well, sleep well and so it is time to go to bed. My 2 cats whack each other all the time.

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Glad you were able to eat something, don't want you to get to weak. Can you take vit C and garlic that what I take when I get a cold or flu, every few hours, just like the med given my doctor.

    Sure hope by morning you will be ok.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray, Yes they are smart boys, theyre enjoying mom laying around with them I think...

    Hi Julie, Im slowly getting up and moving again..Im really ready to..

    Hi Momar, Isnt that the truth, there is nothing worse I think than being sick..cats are funny, they love, fight and play. oh and sleep lol..

    Hi Mary,
    Penny will be here tomorrow and I think I am going to have her get some orange juice for me.. nothing seems to really agree with me and these potty trips really wear me out.. :-)

    Thanks so much for the get wells..I am really trying this is NOt one of favorite ways to be trust me.. Hopefully tomorrow will be better..thanks again :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker