ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

~Im Tryin~

I am very seriously trying to feel better but not doing
a very good job. I got up early this morning and hoped
I would feel better..As the morning wore on I could feel
my self fading and longing to go back to my bed. I did
stay up for a while and did get my inbox cleared out
and said hello to some friends...but I had to go back
and lay it down.. I have been taking my pills so I had
to eat something before I do, the one pill says to take
with food.. I had some left over mashed potatoes so
I had that and then went to find my bed again..

My boy called last nite, said my phone rang 7 times
before I answered it and it was right next to me. I
must have been in a sound sleep, I did have the TV
on though..and the ring is not very loud on my phone.
He said if I hadnt answered he was prepared to come
over here to check on me.. Hes such a good kid.. He
did go back to work..but a desk job so to speak..hes
not up and walking around a lot.. Hes been back to
the Dr and the graft doesn't seem to be sticking like
it should so they are keeping a close eye on it..

I noticed since I have been in bed so much these
past few days how badly my right stump aches..It
goes into this sleep as I call it..and it really does
ache.. I wish I had a better mattress I think that is
the real problem.. Ive tried laying on my side but
that gets uncomfortable since my left stump is
bigger and heavier and puts more weight on my hip
and that makes my hip ache.. I have more problems
it seems :-) I will be glad though when I don't have
to spend so much time in there..

My boys have enjoyed mom being in bed so much
though since that's all they do themselves is sleep.
LB whines and meows and even brings his girl
friend up on the bed with us.. Dutch hes a day sleeper
and prowls quite a bit at nite.. He still chases shadows.


I Had an appoint ment today with THeresa from CMH
and I canceled it as I didn't want to give this to her and
then she take it home to her family.. I think that's how
all this stuff spreads so badly... I know I have heard
from many that there are a lot of people sick with this.
Some have ended up in hospital..and as badly as I
feel I can understand why...

I want to thank you all again for the get well wishes ..I
am trying VERY hard to do just that. But I really do
appreciate your TLC.. means a lot to me.. Its time to
head back to my bed again..Hopefully tomorrow will
be a better day.. "Nitey Nite"


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..And thanks!
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    These things always take longer than you hope for! Management has only just got(sorry, gotten!!) over her Thyroid problem. It must have taken three months. Now she is working her butt off, which is her usual form!! Lets hope you will soon be feeling 100% again. Just look forward to that bed and the new power chair.
    Lots of love and great big hugs from
    Roaife

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just take it slowly - there is no need to rush - sleep when you want to, eat when you want to - wish I could sleep when I want to - that would be heaven lol
    Yes tomorrow will be a better day for you - I just know it will.
    Love to the boys
    Julie x

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One of my cats comes to sit on my chest when I first go to bed. Then I stroke her head and she is happy. The other cat will come next to the bed, but she is very shy about climbing up on the bed.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It take a while to get better at time, just take it easy and get plenty of rest.
    We all care about you and just want you well and happy again.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, Im really ready to get over this, I woke the other day and could NOT even remember what day it was..I KNOW was the flu too! :-D

    My boys have been fighting over who sleeps where lately and if Dutch doesnt get his way he pouts. LB just walks off, but they both have to lay on me. spoiled..

    I am getting better though and I am glad..this is tiring.. thanks for the get wells :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker