ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, May 27, 2007

~Cracks n Me~


The photo is a bit dark, but you can see the crack and how bad
it looks. I worry that it might just fall down. I am going to ask
Penny to move the things off the top of my desk just to be safe.
I have a clock on my desk that means an awful lot to me and
if it got damaged because of this house being in bad shape
yet still rented, well I guarantee you Chris would NEVER hear
the end of it and he WOULD replace it.. The next photo shows
both cracked areas..I have a feeling they may need to redo
the roof on this place. I don't think that a lot of care was given
to it and that only just the basic things were done. This house
does have a full basement and its quite roomy, thank good
ness since half of my things are still down there :-)
You can see both the bad spots that are looking really
bad..the door to my bedroom is just below at the bottom
of the photo.. Over by the door above the mirror, is a
spot that it looks like they repaired the ceiling. I think if
they do some checking they may find they have a lot of
water damage from this leaky roof.. I think that's why the
door pulled right out, that the wood is rotten around it..
I think at one time this may all have been one room ,
the bedroom and living room- there is a strip down the
wall over in the corner by the door that I have NO idea
why its even there and I asked Kenny about it, he had
no idea either.. I just need the guarantee that this is a
safe ceiling.

I am getting renters insurance tomorrow for sure.. I just cant
afford if something happened from this ceiling or from a
storm to replace anything , so insurance is a good thing.. I
think to insure the antiques etc I have I will probly have to get
them appraised, which I cant do as they charge for that too.
I should take photos of everything and put them all in one
place that would be the best thing to do...

When Ken was here he didn't mention about the walls in
here or the ceiling that are not done being painted. I wish
he would have. I am going to call Chris tomorrow about
this leak and what kind of mess am I going to have with
this? I cant have plaster dust get into my computer either.
I wish he had another house in better condition..For $400
a month rent, this place should be better. I wish I had known
this ceiling was gonna leak I wouldn't have given Ken the
rent balance. I was glad I took it out everymonth..but didn't
give it to him... I wish I had waited now.. I should have said
no when he called and asked if I had any money, but we
never know what is ahead..

Well sometimes we do know ..like I know Ive not eaten today,
I have sat at this computer and I have taken photos of my
ceiling and of course my self. .I did it the easy way today tho.
I made a video clip and took it into the windows movie maker
and took snapshots off of it.. That was so neat..frame by
frame you can take snaps.. I only took 3, one for the next 2
nights maybe or I may just keep one till next Sunday... That
movie maker thingie is really neat..can do a lot with it..I
need to study it more.. But Im hungry and I am going to play
a couple games of solitare then see whats on the tube. I
just hope it doesn't start raining again..It did most of the day,
but not hard like it did last nite that made that drip! talk
about drive you nutz.. drips of any kind can make you nutty.
"Nitey Nite" :-)
Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lookin good, sweetheart darlin' ... what's the secret ... quick tell me ... I'm runnin' out of time myself!

    d

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger momar said…

    As an artist, I like the accidental look of a crack, but I wouldn't want a ceiling to fall on me or my desk etc. Step on a crack break your mother's back - Ouch

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois

    Your ceiling don't look good at all my friend.Sure hope your landlord will get it fixed soon.

    Good to be back on line, sure have been so busy with family.
    Very nice picture of yourself again Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Sure like picture No. Three much better than the first two!!!
    I guess, after he has fixed the leak in the roof that must be causing the problem, Chris is going to have to replace that ceiling. Suggest you wear a tin hat, as we used to call them in the War!!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey. Don't sit under any cracked ceilings, now, will you?
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    HI d..thanks..i dunno the secret..

    Hi Momar.
    I hope it doesnt fall in...

    Hi Mary,
    Yes I know it doesnt look good..It will get fixed..

    Hi Raife..
    I dread what its going to be like here with them doing that dusty work..thats not good for this computer. and the MESS .. im not happy.. he and I will have a serious talk about all this..and I gave him rent money? Im nuts..

    Hope you had a good day..:-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    My oh my, Lois, you look awfully good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker