ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 26, 2007

~Im Drippy~


Right now I am listening to the sound of drip, drip,drip.
It has poured down rain all day today really hard at times.
A while ago I was sitting here and I thought one of the
cats was clawing at cellophane or something..I didn't
know what it was.. I turned around to look and they both
were sitting at the end of the couch looking up at the
ceiling by the door to the bedroom which is doing a
steady DRIP from a spot in the ceiling that I have been
worried about, I only just noticed it a week or so ago.
The spot looks like its saggy and there are cracks in
the plaster. Worries me. Today it started this dripping.
Im glad it stopped raining or I would go nuts listening
to that..that's worse than a faucet dripping, how do you
cushion a drop from that high up to not make a loud
sound when it hits the floor, not easily I don't think.. I
put a bowl on the floor to catch the drip.. I don't know
whether to call Chris now or to wait till Tuesday when
this holiday week end is over.. I hate to dampen
anyones week end..I don't think its sposta rain any
more so I should be ok till hopefully he can get it fixed.
A bad living room ceiling specially with my puter in
here I am very nervous.. :-)
I have seriously been thinking about getting renters
insurance and I am going to call Monday. What if we
did get hit by a tornado one of these times..and what
if this ceiling came down and damaged my stuff in
here.. I think insurance would be a good thing and I
honestly don't think it would cost that much a year . I
need to get this..just to be safe..

I looked out the window after this heavy rain and I see
where my rose bush over by the garage is leaning
over.. I think this rain got it so wet and its so full of
buds that I can see from here. I hope it doesn't break,
once it blooms it will be just beautiful I can see the
pink of the blooms from the window..and it is just
covered with them..

Donald and Dawn went up north to go hunting for
mushrooms this week end..in their truck, pulling a
32 foot trailer. His truck he said gets 9 miles a gallon.
and that's NOT pulling the trailer ..He said with gas
at the price it is now it will cost him a fortune to drive
all the way up there. He does this every year and had
almost decided NOT to go, but they discussed it and
if they stayed home Donald would be like a trapped
bear and all pouty all week end thinking of what he
missed since most of his friends were still going to
go.. Dawns parents, brother, 2 other couples go and
they all have their campers and their ATV's and ride
all over in the woods and just have big fun. Hard as
those 2 kids work, they need this getaway to unwind.
last week end was very hectic with Kellis party and
his parents here as well..they needed time off...

I have to change the drippy bowl for the ceiling and
of course I am hungry, I didn't eat today I forgot to
have Penny go and get bread and cat food at the
store..she said even though a holiday she will still be
here monday..she got another job,3 now altogether
and the times for them are all working out really well
for her, Im glad..she tries very hard and she is raising
a 14 year old grandson, shes having a rough time
and Im glad these new jobs came open for her..shes
a good worker and I told her I would be more than glad
to give her a recommendation. I have some sketti still
left and Im going to eat that, play a few games of spider
and then roll off to bed.. Its stopped raining, Im glad, now
I wont hear those drips.. "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you do need renters insurance i have it and wouldn't want to do without it glad it stopped raining for you may you be blessed Sid

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey.
    Guess you sent your rain over here!! It's been raining all day, quite hard, too.
    That leak in your roof is sure a worry for you. Guess there is nothing Chris could do about it til the middle of the week, anyway. There'd be no tradesmen available.
    Take care, honey, don't let that little drip get you dowm!!
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Sid..nice to hear from you! Its been raining off and on all day I hope it stops..im not drippin tho..:-)

    Hiya Raife!
    awww well save you from watering the garden, so consider it a blessing. I hope they can fix this with out a major mess and dust and crap..I will be upset.. I know how to deal with Drips!!! of all kinds :-D

    Hope you have a great day!~
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker