ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

~Leggy Photos~ :-)


Yesterday a comment was left about a photo of me with legs...
which I know Ive put here before, but I do know its been a long
time...and I hadnt looked at these photos since then myself..I
love photos and I need a better way to keep track of them.. I
would like a file cabinet I think that would be a big help. I need
to spend just one day putting them all back into the photo
albums I took them out of.. :-)..THEN put them into the filing
cabinet.. :-)

That photo..... look at it.. I have legs..that was taken in 90. We
were camping..my friend Diane is sitting next to me, my ex,
David is in the foreground and on the right you can just see
Diane's son Daniel. Now..look again..what am I doing in that
photo? Do you see that cigarette in my hand? That tiny little
thing is what took my legs ... I smoked those things for over
30 years..cost me dearly.. My legs bothered me when that
photo was taken, I couldn't walk any distances..and steps
were agony even back then..but I didn't know I had PVD then.
Not till I moved back to Indiana was I diagnosed with PVD...
that was in 93 I think.. sometime about then..I was told I have
PVD, but I was NOT told the outcome would or COULD be
amputated legs.. I had no idea...
I scanned these photos this time.. I think before I didn't have one..I
used my webcam..big difference in this and the one I posted be
fore.. lots clearer.. I was standing in my favorite lake ..up north in
the UP of Michigan, the lake was Indian Lake where I went to
summer camp right across the lake where I am standing.. Camp
Ba-at-WA-Ga-ma...its still there too.. Where my shorts are is about
where my legs were amputated..except the right is shorter...I had
nice legs..went all the way from the floor right up to my butt ! :-)
This was taken in 90 too...
This is an older photo..back in the 70's..but do you see a
pretty nice pair of legs right there don't ya? My ex, Willie,
and that's his grand, Diane. we had gone to Florida to
visit his daughter and granddaughter..I didn't look too bad
I don't think... See whats in my hand in that one too? yup..
a ciggie..im holding a photo and a cigarette.. That's not
our car..ours was the truck behind..you can just see the
front of it.. a chevy gray and black...was brand new then..
we broke it in driving to New Jersey to see them.. I dressed
up back then too.. we were going out to dinner..

So there you see, I did have legs at one time..and some
really nice ones too ... I do miss them.. well no..maybe what I
miss is what they provided for me..an easier way to get
around..to get there easier..to reach things up higher.. That's
what I miss... I looked GORGEOUS back then.. and I am
STILL GORGEOUS.. just no escaping beauty :-D im still
me..the best part is still alive and kicking so to speak :-D

Speaking of dinner, I tried a new chow mein ..the same as
that Ramen soup mix..that's so cheap to buy, but its really
good..They have this new stuff called chow mein..all flavors.
I tried the teriyaki beef and then the shrimp.. I have to say,, well
was so good I went to the site and sent them an email..that's
how good this stuff is..and theres a lot of it.. and less than one
dollar..worth every dime..to me anyway..That's what I am going
to fix myself for dinner as I havent eaten anything all day..well
I was fixing myself some tuna fish for a sandwich.. I opened the
can..drained it..some got into a spoon that was in the sink..
While I was cutting up the onion and putting the tuna in a bowl,
Dutch got up on the sink and drank some of the water off the
tuna fish.. he sat there for a second.. then he started to get
the erps.. as in puking? I looked and watched this poor cat,
throw up..and then run like crazy away from there.. I thought ..
"hmmm, that's not good".. so I smelled the tuna..it had a kinda
faint ..well..icky smell.. I flaked the tuna, and was kinda mushy
too..so.. I dumped it ALL in the trash.. My food taster prevented
me from being just like he was. :-).. I felt bad for him. he gave me
such a dirty look like I deliberately tried to poison him or some
thing.. :-) he avoided me for awhile, but hes fine.. LB? well he
doesn't eat people food..sniffs it..then gives you a look as tho
how dare I expect him to eat THAT ??? Kids.. :-) Time for
food..TV and to say "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one, now Y'hear? love ya..and thanks!!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

8 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW, what a pair of gams!!!!! Thanks, Lois! But either way - little legs or longer legs - you're still the same warm, sincere and personable Lois we've all come to adore!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well thanks :-) arent you just sweet .. you made my lonely saturday alot better :-)
    Always,Lois ****

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Lois!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah memories! I remember one night at work and I had one of those rahmen noodle diishes where all you do is add boiling water. Someone said wow look at that list of preservativesw and aditives. So that was the last time I ate one of those instant noodle dishes. Yes, you did have beautiful legs. and you still have a sweet personality

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice pictures you have show us again Lois.
    My friends Patsy hubby Jim is no longer able to walk, and they use a lift to put him on the potty,wheelchair or bed.And can not hold his self us at all and a little over 300 lb...Now at times he want to go places in there car,he think his wife if mean and don't want him to go with her...he always say he can walk he does it all the time...Patsy say he dream's he is walking so he think he can walk. She keep on telling him to prove it then...
    I wonder if that a way of coping with the stress of not being able to walk anymore... and he needs to think he can walk. I know it keep her up set a lot over that problem with him...
    So sorry I missed your site here.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydear!
    The pic with your "then family", shows a gorgeous with fantastic legs... Indeed does! BUT and this is a great but!!!!
    I learned to know you when you looked like the pics some days ago, with the (as you say)UGLY STUMPS.... And it that Lois i love, so i prefer you as you are now. Without legs with your wonderful smile, voice, inside and so on.
    Love and hugs and kisses all over my dear Lois!
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning,
    Hi Momar, I know theres alot of crap in those things, but for as often as I eat them I dont think will hurt much..besides..they are really good and tasty.. Arent you just sweet Momar..thanks honey.. :-)

    Hi Mary,
    Its hard for the brain to accept the fact that a body part is missing or no longer works.. When I dream I am never in a chair.. im walking.. He himself knows..but his brain is telling him otherwise.. ITs not easy for him or her..They both just need patience..perhaps a van with a lift, then he can go. Its hard..

    Hello Dear Rob,
    How nice to hear from you..you just know how to get my day off to a good start and make me feel very good.. thank you.. :-)

    I hope y'all have a great Sunday and all is well...take care! oh..and thanks hey? You know how I love hearing from you.. y'all are the bestest :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Lois for answer my question...there no money for a Van for him, and he would need a raise roof one too...I can't get Jim in my Van and I have a lift... I have took his wheechair many of time when he was able to get into his car and that was with lot of help then...He has not been able to drive for 2 years now...Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker