ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

~Meet Theresa~


Ive talked about this sweet lady so many times and I never
took her picture.. This is the very sweet Theresa from CMH.
Every 2 weeks this girl comes and listens to me go thru all
my gripes and happys and just sits and takes it..And of course
not to mention being harrassed continuously by the boys..
From sniffing her feet or her dress. or Dutch of course trying
to get at the cord on her cell phone, pulled it right out of her
pocket once.. They really love her and both although not seen
are laying on each side of her..They knew she was coming
and naturally greeted her at the door..

Theresa a very sweet, easy, mild mannered person..quiet and
listens to every word.. She lets me go on and on..and then tells
me what she thinks..and she is very honest and open.. we talk
about everything..lately its been about all this aggravation with
this power chair and all I am having to go thru to get it.. I took
the card out my Drs office sent me telling me now I HAVE to
go back AGAIN, for her to SEE me before they will write my
prescription to get a new power chair.. I don't know.. but I really
don't think too much of a lot about me has changed and my
legs damn sure aint growed back! Makes me so mad.. I
HAVE to go AGAIN.. so..next Wednesday, Curtis will be here
to pick me up to take me, Im thrilled, those people at the Drs
office will NOT be very pleased to see me when I roll in there..
This is just not acceptable.. I may just tell them all to push that
chair SIDEWAYS where I KNOW it wont fit..Im very very tired
of this CRAP...

When Theresa walked in .and after stepping over Dutch, she
sat down and first thing she said. "LOIS! you have an AIR
CONDITIONER!... I've been so worried about you in this heat,
I'm so glad, its so nice an cool in here." She really was glad
and she WAS worried, shes that kind of person.. She only
comes here every 2 weeks..but she and I, I think are friends
too..Well hell ..I tell her EVERYTHING ..she better be hey?
:-D..no, shes very tender hearted, and you can tell that by
just looking at her photo.. I told her how many blessings Ive
received ..then showed her the new refrigerator, that she
had to go and look at..She brought me some JAM!! bless
her heart! Some homemade Strawberry I think she said..
Don't matter what kind, looks wonderful.. now I have to get
some peanut butter.. A good PB & J with banana slices,
the long way, that's good now..and with home made jam,,
Penny comes tomorrow I may have her make a loaf of
fresh bread, now...THAT would be good...

I want you to know, I have my GORGEOUS WEEBLE BUTT
sittin on this NEW cushion...and do you KNOW what it is
saying? well nothing..its a butt!! duh.. :-D.its feeling good..
This new cushion is EXACTLY the right size and firmer..
AND a little bit thicker.. I found that out when I rolled up to
my desk and my left stump hit the tray underneath..with my
other cushion it didn't.. and it doesn't have the nylon cover
like my other one did, but the covers come off, so I am
going to have penny wash the old cover and then put it on
to this new cushion.. I like the nylon its so much easier to
slide.. I took the new cushion into the bath room with me
and while I was sitting in there I put the new cushion in ,
when I went to slide back like I always do.. I reached back
and pulled my self back but that material being like it was
I forgot and didn't raise up as high as I would, had I thought
about it.. but I dragged a bit..well my skirt didn't drag..and
by the time I got all the way back in my chair..well you KNOW
where my skirt was yes? ..around my stumps..almost OFF!!
So I had to move back forward and put my skirt back on..
and trying to be very careful that it doesn't drag in the potty
or I would have to change it.. unused potty by the way lol..I
learned the hard way on THAT too.. I got all situated , skirt
back in place and did the same thing all over again butt I
had to make sure my GORGEOUS WEEBLE BUTT :-D
was LIFTED a tad more ..and I got back to my chair with
my skirt where it was sposed to be.. Daily trials.. :-)

Well I got up early and I said I was going to bed early last nite
and didn't do it.. I play that darn spider solitare..and the buggar
lets me win a few..just to keep me playing.. its better than the
regular solitare .. it came on my computer.. I didn't start playing
until Blue told me about it.. THAT stinker will be talking to me on
the phone and playing that game ! :-) Time for some food.. I
have N O idea what I want either.. not much I did eat the COA
lunch today, wasn't bad, mac and cheese with tiny bits of ham,
stewed tomatoes and peas.. the desert was AWFUL!! they
took strawberrys, blue berrys and raspberrys from what I could
tell . mixed them together and it was the MOST sourful CRAP
I have ever tasted! I had to take a drink to get the taste out of
my mouth..nasty! HOW can you ruin fruit?? well I ate the mac
and cheese its good.. just a light snack then some TV and Im
logging off early .. I AM!! :-) "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and THANKS!!!!
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

8 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tart fruits are always good with sweet vanilla yogurt - yummy!

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I buy frozen 'Fruits of the Forest', blackberries, cherries, raspberries etc. and keep them in the freezer and they are really delicious with vanilla ice cream.
    It's always amazed me that you Americans eat jam with peanut butter - now how crazy is that??? :)
    Love Julie x

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS:
    Now you have excuse about coming to the UK when you win the lottery, both Raife and I will drive you around and be your constant companions - you will want for nothing!!
    xx Julie

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar,
    I like fruit, well some kinds..but i like them like they are..not in, on, or with other stuff. :-)

    Hiya Julie!!!
    Well thats the RULE! P B & J..but I add banana.. Peanut butter goes with EVERYTHING.. my sister puts it on her grilled cheese!!! NOW, thats as bad as putting ketchup on eggs to me :-D..

    That would be so fun to do..I would LOVE to come over there.. I will start taking donations to put towards my going to the UK.. Just in case I dont win the lottery..My tickets wed. didnt hit..I missed 4 of the numbers by just 1.. ratz..

    Hope you have a great day, good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Lois for the nice warm reply you made to my comment of yesterday. I have never forgotten you.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Your most welcome, was so very nice of you to say, I hope you will never forget me. I can never forget you since I dont know who you are... will you send me an email? lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com

    Thank you again, you made me feel very special.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    Not that I would want you to have to fight with your cushion, but I truly did enjoy imagining your little garment malfunction.

    Theresa looks and sounds wonderful!

    Have a good day.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,, good to hear from you :-)
    You know me, always one problem or another, yes shes a sweetie ..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker