ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 26, 2007

~Friends~

I have to say I have some great friends. Do you know that
I could NOT do this by myself... . I may seem to have it under
control..well ok...sometimes.. but.. I KNOW I have friends ...
when I get down, discouraged, and feel just plain worthless,
useless and of no importance at all...I know one of them will
tell me how nice I am or how GORGEOUS, which I KNOW
better, or tell me they are proud of me, for taking this "bull
by the horns" so to speak and still trying and doing the very
best I can..THAT keeps me going.. the thought of better things
ahead .. I have to believe that.. or what would be the point.
With out the help, love, encouragement from all of my friends,
well I don't think I could keep up this daily Battle! which is just
what it really is.. But well we Native Americans are used to a
fight..and wont back down... :-) I may not have any legs anymore,
but I will still STAND my ground.. I will continue the fight.. and
too this fat lady aint sang yet :-) ok GORGEOUS lady :-)

Theresa was here this morning, we talked for I bet 2 hours..I
told her what happened with all my food, I also told her what I
did to Dutch AND what HE did to ME !!! :-) She could sense
I was a bit discouraged, that things seemed to be piling up
and going wrong all at once again..I told her about Chris
making the mistake of calling..just at THAT time.. she did laugh
with me though when I told her what a chicken he was.. He
STILL has NOT come to get this check by the way, he sure did
need it hey? Liar...I cannot STAND a lie..just don't say anything
if you have to tell a lie..keep your mouth shut..how I feel anyway.
I hate lies..let me catch one..I get a bit pissy...I don't lie.. I try
VERY hard not to.. now I do Tell fibs.. but nothing major, its like
"did you take your pills today?" "Yes" with my fingers crossed,
cuz I was fibbin.. But anyway, she tried to encourage me and
told me to not let it get to me..and she always tells me that she
is so amazed at what I can do and DO!. specially when she saw
this house transform..

OHH!!! and GUESS WHAT??? Well last year..august..remember?
I was homeless for 6 weeks.. I got that grant, got this house, and
here I am.. I am surviving..was a fight..but I did do it.. Well Theresa
said..the CMH here want to do a "Spotlight" type thing about me..
Telling how and what I went through..from virtually nothing..to this..
I think could prove encouraging to some I hope.. So I have to send
her some photos.. of the house.. me..and a bit about what I went
through.. If it motivates someone else..I think its great.. I am
anxious to see what they do... this should be very interesting..
specially since I am such a GORGEOUS WEEBLE!!! :-)

I told Theresa about poor Dutch, whom at the time was curled up
on her lap..he would wake up every little bit and nuzzle her chin..
she loved it..she really likes Dutch, and she loves LB..well no
she really loves them both..they make her feel special when she
is here, and just act like she made their day..Well when I described
what happened when I went to shake the container of juice and
Dutch taking off like a scalded ape to the bathroom and how hard
it was to bath that cat.. she laughed so hard.. THEN I told her the
little buggar got even with me tho.. I had one of those little paper
plates that I put their food on here on my desk..well I had my muffin
on it :-)..so I proceed to show her what I was doing, holding the
can with the left hand and the spoon in the right and then hit that
plate to the floor..she laughed.. I told her he did it deliberately..I
still say he did.. little buggar.. I don't really PLAN to antagonize
this cat its just hes in the wrong place at the wrong time cuz he
sticks to me like glue.. I go out of the room, they both follow , and
will wake up from a sound sleep!! his OWN fault... so there! :-)

I made the mistake of eating lunch that coa brought today.. took me
all of 20 minutes to realize that was NOT a good thing to do.. I don't
know what they do to this food..but..well some of it has a worse
effect than McDonalds.. I can only eat their breakfast stuff no fries
or burgers from there.. they are awful on my stomach.. I still love
Arbys, those market fresh.. they have a Rubin sandwhich there that
is KILLER>. ohoh..food talk so you know what that means.. Time
to check out my kitchen.. I have some good peanut butter crackers
that sound really good.. I don't think that will rock my stomach boat
too badly.. ..Only thing needs to rock- and roll is this chair away from
this computer and into my bedroom and see how long I can watch
TV for..If I turn the clicker over so I cant find the buttons that may
work .. "Nitey Nite".. :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear sweet darling DAKie I'm gonna tell you ... you need to know ... YOU ARE ONE WILD WOMAN ... yeah.

    Sinncerely ... one wild guy.

    d

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois so happy thing are better today...

    And CMH want to do a spotlight on you, WOW that wonderful my friend.
    Yes it will be encouraging to ohter.
    See you are one blessed Lady for sure and you are a blessing to other...and your are a blessing to me Lois.
    Pam still not doing very well, but she still at home. And Becky has given her staff lots of problem...she just don't want to go to bed or get up in the morning either. She does this alot even when she was at home with us...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo ma Belle,
    Bonne nuit.
    Robert

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meals on wheels in nyc are basically good bland food - if you put some herbs like basil on the meal or tomato sauce the meal will look better and taste quite good.

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    I know I am just WILD!! :-D..good to hear from you d..

    Hi Mary, yes this should be quite interesting and I hope maybe even open some eyes of just how hard this really is, and we do need all the help we can get...I hope it helps all the way around..

    Robert!
    How Nice to hear from you! I hope you are enjoying your summer. Bon Jour.. :-)

    Hi Momar,
    Yes, thats probly true, I do doctor it, theres no taste otherwise, theyre trying new things, sadly the one they hired in charge of all this looks like shes about 12..lol..Im sure she knows the nutrional side, but im not sure about the people side of it..lol..
    Hows the critter problems? Nice to hear from you!!

    Hope Y'all have a great day today, I sure hope mine is lol..
    Always Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker