ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

~I Had to Have A Rest Today~ :-(

I have been so tired today and for no reason.. I didn't get
up till 7:30.. and I even had to take a desk rest today which
I havent done that in awhile either.. Its not like I did a whole
lot to wear my self out.. I think the hardest thing I had to do
today was roll across the bedroom carpet two times more
than I had to.. It is so hard to roll in there..the carpet has
ridges its so loose..and that makes it even harder to move
across it..I forgot the phone and had to go back in their to
answer it when it rang.. I take it in there at night until I can get
the jack put in there and hook up the other phone I have, its
a land phone..well not cordless and wont go out if the power
does..as many storms as we have had Ive not lost power at
all.. I still say its cuz I live within site of the hospital...

Living so close to it..I can hear the helicopter sometimes and
I know its a life flight . I hear the ambulances going down this
street almost daily going down to the emergency room.. Ive
never been in this hospital here, I am always transferred up to
the medical center in Kalamazoo, they know me there. That's
where I had to go for my amputations.. There are two huge
medical centers there and both are great.. One is nothing but
private rooms.. The other though that I go to they always put
me into a private room..they did for all 3 of my amputation
surgeries.. It was nice, I really didn't feel like having company
back then anyway and for the first two amputations I don't
think I really knew what really was going on.. They kept me so
drugged that I have no time frame for anything...I believe the
reason was the depression, and pain... that was never ending.

I made a meat pie yesterday which I havent done since Ive
lived here..and it was wonderful..so good.. I was looking at the
calendar..its almost the first of September. I was thinking back
to where I was just one short year ago.. I was getting ready to
go to Keystone..crying every day, so sad, and I just felt totally
lost... I was about to be one of the Homeless statistics.. I still
have a hard time with that.. and it really bothers me to this day
that I ended up there. I am grateful it was there..but that was
one place I didn't want to be, just like a hospital no one wants
to be there either... But I had no choice and I hate when that
happens...

BUTTTTT... look at me now.. Im still kicking, though I have a raging
headache after listening to little Kenny play up on the roof all day.
I feel fairly good. I do have a few problems..but who doesn't.. I
wish I had a bigger place, true.. but Im grateful I have a place at
all..and I can function..just a tad hard but well its better than not
being able to function at all yes? I got food..a new roof.. and 2
finally WELL cats..Im totally GORGEOUS.. :-) you knew I would
say that.. so what more can I really ask for.. well a few couple
or three or five brazilion dollars in my checkbook sure would
make me feel a whole lot better.. and I KNOW that's going to
happen haha.. I did and do play the lottery now tho..once a week
I have Penny get a ticket for me on Fridays.. Ive hit 2 numbers..
so soon will be 3, then 4 and THEN..well this little short lady will
be even MORE GORGEOUSIER.. I know that's not a word but
that's the joys of writing you can make up your own :-)

Well im gonna make up my mind as to dinner and what Im going
to try to watch on tv..I saw my favorite show, Prison Break..all
repeats..but boy that one guy in it.. with the tats.. he is such a
DOLL!!! .. Its worth watching a repeat just to see that handsome
man with the bedroom eyes again.. I watch that guy in Baltimore
Duff Goldman..hes a baker and the cakes this man and his
company makes are amazing..what ever you want a cake to
look like he will make..even exploding ones.. I enjoy watching the
cooking shows..and of course animal planet..the funny videos
are so good..Laughing a lot then falling asleep make for some
good dreams, So anyway even though I napped... Im tired... and I
need to get out of this chair.. sitting for 12, 14 hours at a time
well more than my butt gets tired... "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and Thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

Ps: My arm is a tad better, the pain is less, the rash is still the same.
ITCHY ITCHY.. :-)

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger momar said…

    I work with an 89 y-o guy and he has focused food tastes. When I cook for him - he likes things like beans and franks and frozen chicken pot pies. I made him 3 cheese macaroni or home made soups and he eats all that stuff, but he has such simple tastes in food. He is thin and has no dimentia so good for him.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I think life make us so tired, no matter what going on at our ages..Life give us some much stress anymore.
    Pam fell today, she seem to be ok from the fall...don't know why.
    I've had a quiet day here, just want to set and watch TV all day, but did to a nap in.
    Noises thing are getting to me right now..I know because I am so very tired all the time...hoping Pam will get better real soon...make me wonder if I going to make it...
    Becky is upset over her morning staff, she does not want to get up and gives them a very hard time...2 staff has quit this month over it.
    My daughter Beth lives 2 block from the house...We always hear here when the helicopter come to the hospital, we live 1 mile from it. They always circle around our house before they land.

    I was in the parking lot one time when they landed, they do make a lot of noices and winds blowing around.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydear!
    When you win on that lottery you quickly move your sweet little self in a norther direction, roll away to the airport and hop on.... Sorry! Roll on a plane with destination Sweden, then i finally could get a close grip of my dreams!
    But until..... Keep on..... Have Penny to get them for you, your tickets to freedom and hugs. : )
    KAO´s from your own
    ROB

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Just good home cooking is the best, I see all that fancy stuff on tv and well .. Im happy with fries n gravy :-)

    Hi Mary,
    So many things contribute. My mom was 80 years old and had more energy than a 40 year old.. I dont think age really has that much bearing..Its how you live your life I think..she took good care of herself. I hope Pam gets better,Ive asked friends to put her on their prayer list..Has Becky been staying up late. I hope she understands how important it is to be good to those that care for her, and what could happen if there was no one... They are so lucky to have you Mary.. Make sure you take care of your self too my friend...

    Hiya Rob.....
    I sure hope I win..and you betcha,I will arrive in Sweden with a huge smile, and 2 cats.. lol... I would MOST DEFINITELY tour Europe..so many wonderful places to see, Norway, Switzerland,Germany,and of course the UK..One day....

    So nice to hear from you..I hope you have a great day.. :-) thanks ...
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker