ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, August 27, 2007

~My Boy Is Sick~ :-(


My boy is sick. Dutch threw up most of the night and he has
the dribblies... Hes just not feeling good.. I woke up about 3
and realized he had not been up by me all night, I knew some
thing was wrong.. I have no idea what it can be.. I looked on
line and I emailed Becky, shes very good with cats. I know hes
not gotten hold of anything..theres been nothing here.. and he
and LB have eaten the same stuff and LB is fine.. Hes the
one woke me to go and tend to Dutch who was being sick in
the kitchen... I hope its nothing but a stomach upset.. On line
it said a cat can get very stressed and Donnie & Dawn brought
their dog Jerky with them last nite. hes a good dog.... :-)
Dawn and Donnie came by and had their dog with them. hes
a massive animal, and just beautiful.. a chocolate lab. He is
a sweet but very hyper dog.. he totally messed up the kitchen,
ate all the cat food and deliberately antagonized Dutch.. LB
stayed up on the back of the recliner and didnt budge, he did
not care in the least that dog was here.. On the other hand..
the boy came out from under the couch doing a sideways
dance hair all down his back standing straight up ..ears flat
on his head and he started to sidestep up to that dog.. I knew
what he was gonna do and I hurried up and tried to grab
Jerky and move Dutch to the side.. Jerky is used to cats, they
have one.. I was worried since Dutch has his claws that he
would scratch the dogs eye or worse..so Donnie finally made
Jerky lay down and Dutch just sort of strutted into the bedroom.
He was so mad he didnt come out at all.. So this could be a
part of it..Dutch is so high strung and as mad as he was.. well
hes a senstive kid.. I just hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Kenny was here today, I sat and watched him clean out the
back of his truck for 30 minutes, take a tool out, look at it..
set it down somewhere else.. His cords he uses I can not
see how he can stand it. He pulled out just a knotted mess.
So much easier to do it up right. He worked for about 2 hrs
or so..then left for lunch and never came back.. Some of his
stuff is still out there so I have NO idea what his plans are..
I do wish this would end...

I did call my Dr. and gave the report my elbow was not any
worse but not any less painful.. I relayed the fact I couldn't tell
her the effect of this upgrade in my blood pressure med as
I have no way of knowing.. I talked to Cherise. She said it all
had been sent to a referrer and gave me the number to call.
I called that at 9 am and still have not gotten a call back.. I
sure would like a new blood pressure monitor..but if they arent
worried or concerned I guess I don't have to be either.. They
never did call and make an appt with a bone doctor either..
Cherise started to tell me things Erica was sposed to have
told me.. well about 3/4ths of the way through I stopped her,
most of what she had told me wasn't true as Erica had not
said any of what she was saying.. I think I need to have a real
talk with Erica..if this nurse has a problem with me then I
think she needs to say so.. I know they have a lot of patients,
but I think everyone of us deserves the best care we can get,
and should not be based on a nurses attitude or opinion..For
some reason they are not following through and I honestly
think Erica does what ever SHE feels she should and NOT
what the Dr has ordered.. So to be honest.. I really do not know
what to do.. I have seriously considered just changing Drs.
where every time I go im not dealing with a new doctor.. The
last 4 times? I Have had a different doctor EVERY time.. I
honestly don't like that at all.. Im going to give this some very
serious thought these next few days as how to handle this.. I
could just ignore it..solve quite a few stress points for me I
know..but I cant do that either I don't want to end up in a corner
somewhere droolin and doing uglies on the floor! :-)

My stumps are not hurting today, I think I have been laying on
my side too much and putting too much pressure on my hips.
By last nite I bet if anyone saw me the way I was fidgeting
around in this chair would think I had ants in my pants or
something.. I don't know maybe its the cushion.. The daily
things that remind me that I live a chair life are just constant.
I made a meat pie today and got stuck trying to get some
butter out of the fridge. I got wedged between the wall and
the fridge door. I couldn't reach my wheel to turn and when I
finally got mad.. well I shoved the whole refrigerator.. it was
all I could do.. or I would have been wedged, as the open
door was just at that spot it wouldn't go either way.. I had no
choice but to get free..I was glad that the fridge moves so
easy specially now since my freezer is full..

The meat pie is waiting for me..and I am MORE than ready
to try it out.. It has smelled so good in here all after noon that
I bet if Kenny were up on the roof he could smell it.. Im kinda
glad this day is closing down..Im going to get my boy and
make him a nice warm spot right next to me and hopefully
tomorrow will be a better day for him and I both.. "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so much company - so much excitement. I like to be alone - and I also have too much company. my cat, star would like some company, I am sure. I think that some of your pain is storm related. the lower the barometer - the more pain.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry to hear Dutch is sick...hoping he will be alright in the morning.
    Love your pictures thank you for sharing them with us.

    Pam is back in the hospital, hoping they will get her med right this time...If things don't work out this time for her, I will take her back to Ks City, Kansas to a bigger hospital. She was there ten years ago when her med missed up...
    I was hoping not to go that far this time around....
    I got to meet all Mike teacher tonight, open house it calld.
    God bless you Lois, I sure hope you get the right Dr to see for all your needs.
    At times it is very hard to get the help you need,I wished life was not that way.
    LOVE Mary

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning...
    Its been hetic. Momar, you are always busy,a boarding house is not a place to be alone.. I think alone time is good for everyone.. I agree, I think there is arthritis set in my remaining stump bone. only logical..

    Hi Mary,
    Dutch is better today, he laid by me all night. Im relieved... So sorry to hear about Pam.. But perhaps that is the best thing to do for her.. These drs steady say "lets try this" and I just have a hard time with that. I hope she gets better soon...

    Good to hear from you..hope you have a great day :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker