ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, October 20, 2007

~My Dear Friend Mary~


I would like to introduce my friend Mary and her hubby Bob.
They live in Kansas... Every day this sweet lady writes to
me and I sure appreciate it.. She reads my ramblings
here every day bless her heart and takes the time to let
me know she does.. Right now they are working on their
church that was damaged when it flooded there so bad.
Lots of work to do but with a willing congregation and
lots of energy they will get it done..The Lords work is
never easy but well worth it..All those dedicated workers
will have many stars in their crowns in Glory... Mary & Bob
they will have many many...
The past 6 weeks or so I want you to know I HAVE done one
thing for sure and there is the proof.. I grew NAILS! :-) its
kind of blurry but if I mess with the focus on my webcam
then it throws it off if I make a video which I want to do tomorrow.
When I have on the leopard pant suit.. I dug out my black
top and I think it will look ok..going to be a buggar with pants
I am so not used to them at all..will seem strange.. But any
how ways, my nails are so pretty even if they are mine.. I like
keeping them red too... Only hard thing with long nails is my
typing.. I can type very fast, but with longer nails I have a
tendency to hit 2 keys at the same time...that's not good..
I cant type and look at my hands, if I do I slow way down.
I know my keyboard by heart.. My little nubbies to tell me
where to put my fingers are wore down on this keyboard,
I need to get a new one..or maybe I can just put a piece
of tape on the keys ..the J and F keys ..those are the 2
keys that you place your index fingers on when you type
so you know where to place your hands by touch, then
you don't have to look... :-) every keyboard those 2 keys
have nubbies on them...
They grow pretty fast but I know some tricks that really
work..at least for me.. Seems the more I sort of buff the
tips with an emory board, the faster and stronger they
grow..They are really strong.. I had super strong toe
nails too..but they were UGLY..awful.. I hated my toes
they were such short little stubby things and the nails
were just that..NAILS..hard as one too.. I never wore
open toed shoes unless I had on hose, then the ugly
things didn't show at all..but bare foot? no..I hid those
things..and I can honestly say , I don't miss them at all..
I tried everything in the book but nothing worked to make
them look better..so I guess getting them cut off was one
way to solve that problem.. :-) I would never suggest it
though..it is bit drastic... :-) I don't think they would any
way take toes off cuz theyre ugly...from what I have heard
its very hard to walk without toes... I guess you would
walk kinda like a duck..flat footed... I never thought
about it.. but it hasnt affected me losing toes... I still
roll pretty good :-)By the way, I wear 8 rings on each
hand..16 total.. :-) I have empty spots too that would be
nice filled :-) *hint hint* :-) Christmas is coming :-)

I have been keeping up with the house and I have to say
we have been doing pretty good..The boys have been
ok..although they do have a problem..and Monday I
will have Penny get some of those flea drops.. I see
them scratching and I have seen a flea on Dutch.. I hate
those things.. they don't go outside, but I think so many
people that come here have pets that probly have them
if they go outside.. well now my 2 do..Penny priced the
drop thingies and its $6.00 for drops but if you want the
potent kind that kills fleas and any offspring they leave,
its $10.oo.. which to stop them from scratching its worth
it.. Dutch was laying next to me last nite and was scratching
so hard the bed was moving.. . no not quite..but it felt
like it..so Monday..they get debugged...

I made some good food today and its out there slowly
simmering.. I sliced potatoes and onion and friend them
then I put in some sliced brats, then I cut up cabbage..
and slowly simmered it until the cabbage is done..It is
so good.. I had wanted to have that bottle of wine that
Chris brought..well how do you open a bottle of wine
when you cant find your corkscrew? I ran out of kool
aid since Penny wasn't here to go to the store for me,
so I need something to drink... Its so hard when she
doesn't show up..teaches me to make sure I have enough
of everything from now on just for times like these when
this happens..from Monday to Wednesday isnt too bad,
but from Wednesday to monday..that's not easy.. I did
clean out the litter box which is NOT easy to do..the
constant bending is hard.. I have to stop every so often
or my stumps will go sound asleep and hurt so bad I
have to stop and sit way back to sort of straighten out.
This chair life is not easy..but the boys are happy I fixed
their potty for them..

My cabbage and stuff are done and I am starved and I
need to find something to dig that cork out.. well I could
call Chris and ask him to come open it for me and then
maybe he will empty the dehumidifer in the basement
and take the trash out for me... Naaa I can dig it out..
and that thing shuts off when its full and the trash..well
Im not real trashy so theres not a lot... Time to eat..
time to watch some TV and then Im going to sleep.. I
got up again at 5.. so Im ready to get out of this chair
so this GORGEOUS WEEBLE says "nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now, y'hear? love ya..and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Again, I'm your 1st post. Absoluletly beautiful nails - a work of art. You do do many things that just amaze me. I've never met ayone like you. My best to Mary too. She seems like a wonderful person - GO LOIS, GO MARY!!!!!

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A friend gave me a meal on Wheels with carrots, elbow macaroni and a piece of baked chicken. I put marj on the carrots, tomato sauce, grating cheese and basil on the macaroni and chicken broth & tomato sauce on the chicken - it is sad that the central kitchen doesn't improve their cooking.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Lois you make the picture look great.
    And you keep your hands looking pretty too, lot's of rings on your finger.
    I was able to pick up a few pecan today, more are falling every day. I see my boys has taken a liken to them too, I wish they would leave the pecan alone. So far no pecan hitting me on the head yet.

    Mike has taken a little cold and under the weather some. My stomach don't like pork chop, so it up set again. And it rare if I have pork, my taste buds love it.
    I only print in black ink only Lois, never use color ink anymore.
    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well you sure are first! GREAT! Its so nice to hear from you.. I appreciate that you read and let me know...Thanks for the kind words..thats very sweet of you :-)

    Hiya Momar...
    Yes the fired the old cook and got a new one..only problem they kept the same recipes too! so the new good cook is using those crappy recipes and the food is just that! They dont have to eat it thats why they dont improve it..

    Hi Mary~!~
    Im glad you like your photo..I enjoy doing them..Ive been making business cards for friends and hoping I can get a new program for it.. Pecans are so good... stay out from under that tree! I react to dairy cant handle it at all... Hope everyone gets to feeling better..

    Hope y'all have a great sunday..:-)
    Thanks...
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker