ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 19, 2007

~Ok Day ...kinda sorta~


Was a very interesting day and I am pleased with the results.
First Traci was here, the nurse, my blood pressure was ok,
not great ..160/91..a tad high, but...not too bad for me.. My
day started off kinda bad though..at 10 minutes to 9 my
phone rang..When it does that time of day on a Monday or
Wednesday or Friday I am usually pretty sure its Penny,
and it was..shes sick...so she did not come here today,
which to be honest is really hard on me, its not drastic but
with the humidifier needing emptied and she was going
to go to the store for me and the trash needed to be taken
out...I was counting on her being here. When she isnt I have
to do as much as I can and make double sure I don't make
more messes that I will have to clean up since she wont
be here till Monday now.. I got up at 5 this morning too..I
did get lots done though..
I used the carpet sweeper and I dusted, if we don't every
other day with the boys and the traffic things get dusty and
I hate when I turn on a lamp and see dust on it..Mine, you
cant help but notice dustiness cuz theyre a dark burgundy
and it shows up really good... Kelli used to be a good duster.
She was so careful with everything too which for a 3 year
old that was good.. I still havent tackled the litter box and I
may wait until tomorrow, I did enough for one day...This is
work..I said I was glad I didn't have to anymore..I should
have been more specific..work OUTSIDE the home.... I
don't have to do anymore..Inside, well that's never ending...
Heidi made it today bearing gifts of some skirts and tops.
She gave me some good news that has really lifted a major
burden off my shoulders.. She cant put it in writing, but she
said I was not to worry anymore about my grant being re newed
that she was positive that it would be continuous.. She also
told me all this time I was supposed to be getting a utility
allowance ....which I havent been getting.. She also told
me that I can find a better place one that even is higher in
rent...up to 595.oo a month... I could get a bigger place and
the best part is..my amount of rent is now lower than what
it was..and if I move into a bigger place with higher rent my
amount will still remain the same.. Whomever figured out my
grant etc, did it wrong, I am sure glad she found the errors..
I can now not worry or have that hanging over my head.. She
and I talked about me buying a house through HUD.. She has
a little girl with Downs and she has done a lot of investigating
about grants to help people with disabilities that many don't
know about... I plan to find out what all she knows.. I know that's
how my caseworker , Julia, with DHS, she never offers any
info on anything.. I have to ask if she knows of things I can get
or do ..but she NEVER offers anything..Heidi is really good..
Im glad she is so versed in this housing thing..I think she will
be a big help to me to get the place I want..whether its to rent
or to buy...
Last nite was AWFUL ..as is VERY BAD..There were tornados
all over this end of the state that came up through Indiana and
across Lake Michigan..The photos are of Nappannee, that's
in Indiana..not far from here really, they had some major
damage..Kelli sent me the photos of the storm damage was
really a lot.. Amazing no one was killed from the way some of
the homes look. Totally gone. I was watching TV and I heard the
sirens go off which is our tornado warning.. I just sat there,
where was I going to go.. The TV screen turned red beeping
sounds and a man says "Seek Shelter Immediately" well ok..
where? I have that big basement down there but I cant get to
it.. There is really no place in this house other than maybe
that little passageway into the bathroom.. I would still be a
sitting duck..and what about the boys? I just stayed on my
bed and figured well one place is as safe as another and
the boys stayed right there by me.. We got up in the corner
on my bed and I had pillows around..but if it would have hit
well Id probly not be typing this.. We were very lucky.. I know
from what the TV said this morning..it was really bad and
I think 4 or 5 tornados had touched down .. I know there
was hail and the winds were as high as 70 miles an hour..
I hate bad storms.. rain I don't mind..but that lightening and
hail.. I had the windows broken out of my car from a hail
storm.. and usually it hails when there is a tornado...

Well Im relaxed and a major burden and worry has been
lifted and now I really CAN look for a better place.. I can
take my time too... Now I really have to start saving tho..
moves are NOT free, and these almost 5 week months
are killer..I keep saying how fast the time goes but when
it gets to the end of the month and payday is the first..
the time just seems to drag..for me anyway..

Im gonna drag me and this chair into the kitchen and get
some peanut butter crackers and make some kool aid..
then TV and hopefully sleep better than I did last nite...
Those lightening flashes drove all of us nutz, we 3 are
ready for some snoozes.. "Nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coming from Kansas - I have some wild tornado stories, but I was never in one out there. Here in NY I've been in 2, with little damage and I was never hurt.

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That for putting up the pictures of the storm, sure glad no one was killed.
    I think the caseworker does not want the extra work, it wonderful when you get a careworker that care about the people.
    Lois is there anyone else they can send if your worker is sick, like a sub? We have sub for Becky and Pam, and if none can work it, that when I get that shift.

    Had a wonderful busy day, I felt like I got a lot done at the clothes closet. Thurday was the first day it was open and had a good turn out.I was still working on the kitchen area and bathroom...it was really dirty from being closed up for months...the poeple only was in the main big room which is very large.
    The safe house staf came today to fine clothes for there poeple.
    I am wanting to bring the client where Becky work here to look for free clothing...It nice to be able to help other in need.
    Since Bob had his heart attack in 2001, we went to churches that did free clothing every month...what a blessing that was for us. And I still look around for clothes and shoes when we are in need. I found 4 pair of SAS shoes for me this week. And I'm sure was needing them too. I need 2 or 3 a year. When my feet start hurting me, it time for new shoes.
    I still use the old shoes to do real dirty work in or paint in.
    God bless you Lois and have a wonderful weekend OK.
    Love Mary

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Ive never seen an actual funnel..I dont want to.. theyre getting too close for comfort..They never had such horrible storms like they have the past few years here..seem to be getting worse and worse..

    Hi Mary,
    It was really bad.. I hate storms..I dont know if they can or not.. I hate to do that cuz then it cuts her hours down.. I honestly dont know if she deducts them or not.. I dont ask.. There is a free store right down the street that Ruth used to go to all the time. Penny hasnt gone there YET..but she is.. I need some winter tops.. Its nice that people donate clothes..the store down here a elderly lady owns it and she lives n the back..she likes helping people is why she does it..

    I hope your having a good week end..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker