ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, December 29, 2007

~Flu Time?~ :-(

Everyone is getting the flu around me and I woke this morning
with a cough and bad bad sore throat.. I phoned Donnie this
morning to make sure they got home ok and Dawn is really sick.
I hope Kelli doesn't get it..He said everyone in Wisconsin at his
parents all are coming down with it.. Penny said yesterday she has
a sore throat and I listened to her cough the whole time she was
here.. I should get a flu shot I guess, even though I don't really get
exposed to it..but then again..Chris the lunch girl goes in and out of
lots of places and could carry just about anything from one to the
other.. I try to never get too close.. When I get sick I get sick ALL
over and Ive been pretty lucky.. I don't feel the best today cuz when
I cough seems it takes all my air, then I end up almost gasping for
it..which is kinda scarey.. I don't like that at all.. But im going to close
down early again today and just relax and watch TV.. Its going to be
a quiet week end.. lets hope..so far so good :-) Lets hope I dont have
any flu time.. :-)

My phone rang last night and was a very nice surprise..My brother
Frank was visiting my Brother Kenny and all 4 of them were sitting
around discussing me! :-) I bet that was a heck of a visit ..Well they
got to talking and Yvonne, Kennys wife, shes a corker,, so funny, a
short little blonde lady that is tough as nails..decided to just phone me.
They put me on speaker phone and we all got to talk at once..They
all were a bit tipsy over there I think ..but we joked and had a nice
talk..I was so pleased they called... Made my Christmas very nice. I
was glad to know they were thinking about me.. Yvonne said they do
think of me a lot and worry that I am doing ok.. They live not too far
from our sister Shirley..but they arent in touch with her, which is up to
them.. I wish the 4 of us could be close..we are all that's left of us 6...
and the way all of our health is going..we should be..Kenny and Frank
have serious heart problems..and Frank is a diabetic.. Im the youngest
and well, THE most GORGEOUS of all of us :-)

This Christmas I have heard from friends Ive not heard from in ages,
and then I havent heard from friends that I thought surely would send
greetings which I was very disappointed not to have heard from them.
I got a VERY big surprise email..it was from my ex mother in law,
David's Dads ex wife now, Virginia..She wrote a nice long letter and
filled me in not only on her family but also about my ex, David..it was
so nice to hear from from her and I was sad to hear she has divorced
Davids dad..I cant say anything bad about him , Norm. he was always
very nice to me..In fact he even went so far as to thank me for helping
David get off the drugs and the drinking..when we were together he did
none of that, he quit..but from what I gather hes not doing so good now
on that score either.. sad... But until you live with someone you have NO
idea what its really like or how someone acts behind closed doors.. I do
wish Virginia well and I hope she will stay in touch.. she and I always did
get along..shes very nice and I always did like her...

Well I am going to fix myself a cup of tea and log off this puter for today
and sit and look out the window while I drink it. I don't DARE try to carry
a hot cup of tea all the way into my bedroom, I already KNOW I would
NOT make it with out spilling or something drastic happening.. :-) But
I do like to just sit and drink a coffee or a soda and just watch what is
going on outside..the birds, squirrels..the neighbors..the traffic.. Lets
me know the world is still turning and time is still marching on.. Soon
another year.. AND I start mine off with a birthday..I don't know which is
better..end the year with one or start with one .. :-) its the 20th so lets
NOT FORGET :-) I expect TONS of cards and emails :-) and I expect
to be fast asleep in a little while too :-) " nitey nite" ...

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks, thanks, thanks..
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    Well flu or not, i am bad in my best eye.... It itches and hurts like toothache, and i really hope it isnt anything serious. I wanna be like you in many parts my dear Lois, but not one-eyed. Cause if, i see just half of you honeydear and that would be a real catastrophy and a great loss for me.
    I really appreciated our latest talk, even though it was short and very abruptly ended.
    Take care of soft sweet you, for me.....
    Kisses
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    I sure want the flu to stay away from me...I worked the morning shift for Pam, it was nice the staff was able to come in for the evening shift. Pulling 16 hours is a little hard on me.
    It is nice you were able to chat with family and friends.
    It is hard to fine the time to really visit with anyone now days.
    Picking Michael up a week early, he keep on calling...So I ask him do you want to come home, and in a soft voice he said yes...So Sunday afternoon we will pick him up, a week early.
    I like the idea he will be here on New Years with us.
    Stay well Lois, don't let the flu bug bit....not good for you.
    God keep Lois well.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    I get that too in my eyes..they are too dry..from having the heat on..you need moisture in the air..we call them humidifiers.. take care and hope to talk soon..:-)

    Hi Mary,
    Hes homesick..the flu has started.. I still have a cough and sore throat.. take care..

    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker