ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 28, 2007

~WeatherMan Was Right !~


Looky , the weatherman said "about noon or so the snow should
start and continue till after midnight".. The sky darkened and it
started snowing and snowing.. Penny says " I better run get you
that Icee before it gets too bad out there." and she left.. When she
got back told about up on the highway she was almost in a wreck,
luckily she said no one got in the way, but a huge semi slid side
ways thru the light up there... No one seems to be slowing down
at all out there, and I am surprised they arent.. Ive been watching
to see if I saw someone skid, no one has.. but then we have these trucks.
You see that big truck, its full of sand see the scraper under neath too.
but if you look at the very back end that thing hanging there look under
and you see a mist..well that's the sand.. they go down the roads and
there are 2 trucks, the first scrapes the road, the 2nd drops sand....
hes one of the best things to follow.. your the first on that fresh sand.
They control it inside I would imagine.. They mostly do the intersections
then the roads themselves..this road right there is one of the most
traveled here in town..there is traffic out there 24- 7.. its the main truck
route through town..and its the main road to the hospital..Im in a good
area as far as keeping road access. Which is good.. I just hope by the
time Penny leaves her other client its not a lot worse..I talked to a friend
in another state west of me and its snowing there too..This is far from
over..but its the joys of winter..
These kind of days I really enjoy though.. I sat here awhile ago..looking
out the window ..thinking back to when that was all I did..watch that
field that was out there and how different the view is through this window.
I do like this one better..but I did enjoy the animals and birds and the
flowers too.. This view shows me more the human side..that there ARE
people out there... I saw that guy on the bike out there just as Penny
was leaving and I couldn't get a photo fast enough of him.. But I sat here
for quite a while just looking outside..watching the snow..it was so pretty,
those big heavy flakes that look like they are just light as air floating down.
This would be such a good snuggler day... We call them snow days...

Those you got to stay home and do nothing but play and lay around... I
enjoyed them.. David and I had to babysit his mothers house one long week
end and we got a major storm.. It was so pretty..The deck was covered in
snow, but David put some seed out for the birds.. We both snuggled down
in this huge loveseat and watched the birds and a great movie..had some
great wine..snuggled.. and that's ALL im telling of THAT snow day :-) but
snow days are kinda good..IF you are at home before , during and after ...

We are all squeaky clean and I may put on a pot of soup for the week end.
I like my beef barley soup and being such a nice wintry week end..I think
soup will be good. I am going to post early again and get my soup in the
crock pot and head to my room , like a good girl , :-) and get out of this
chair for today.. Up at 4 ..I guess down at 4..works for me anyway..and
I shall be careful toting my Icee, one time with that was enough! :-)
"Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS!!!
Always,Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    We didn't get that snow, it went North of us...that put a smile on my face.
    Nice pictures again Lois, love those pictures.

    My sister in law want me to clean her house in the morning, my body say no way, but I will try to do it anyway. In the afternoon will have the church cleaning to do, Bob help me with that.

    Have a great weekend my friend.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH NO - SNOW


    Hi Gorgeous. Just to let you know, I am back. Will be in touch.

    Butty

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Good, were sposta get more in a few days, its the joys of winter..Im grateful I dont have to go out in it..altho I did enjoy walking in those nice soft snowfalls...Try not to over do Mary..get some time for you too, you earn it..

    Hiya Butty !!! :-)
    So glad your back..and thanks for warning me ! lol.. :-)

    Hope you have a great week end..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker