ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, December 31, 2007

~ TIPPERS ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR ~!~

Those are tippers. They go in the back of my chair. The little
silver nubbie is what locks them into place on the back. You see
the tiny caster wheels..there are two..why I have NO idea..But
those two little buggars have caused me a lot of grief sometimes.
They catch onto everything.. That's why I decided to take mine off.
I got stuck with a box on one and then wedged between the fridge
and the bakers rack and almost pulled it over as I get so mad when
I get hemmed up.. Then I push too hard or grab the wrong thing and
that's when I make a mess or knock something over..Those 2 things
right there are the culprits..Im surprised they don't still have paint on
them for the aggravation they gave me when I tried to paint the
kitchen!..
That's where they attach to each side of the chair..you see that cord
is already over that little wheel..Was a good thing I saw that before
I moved my chair..its to my webcam..Ive pulled that wire or my wires
to my headset right off my computer when its gotten tangled on that
tipper.. I get to rolling off and the next thing I know is Im stopped, I
look down knowing its a wire that's either stuck on my tipper or on
my brake handle...
That's where they go into the chair..DO NOT look at my dirty
tires.. Its amazing how quickly they get messy but when I drop
something liquid and it splashes that's what causes it..then of
course the cat hair sticks..and we don't wash my chair as often as
we really should.. Its very hard for me..I can only do so much of it
at a time, then have to stop..whether I am sitting in it and leaning
over or on the bed and doing it that way..Its the leaning and the
steady strain on my arms that gives me out...
You can see them pretty good in that photo as to where they are..
When I have gone out like with Raelynn or with Que that time, I take
the tippers off..If I have to be pulled backwards up and on or into
something, my chair wont tip back..that's why theyre there..Some
times Ive had to be pulled backwards to get into places and its not
possible with them so Ive learned to take them off..When I go in the
van, chair and all I leave them on..I know places I go then It wont be
necessary to remove them first.. I don't like to take the extras when
I go out..

When I went to my nieces funeral..I didn't take my cushion, I took the
brake extensions off and the tippers.. I wasn't sure what I would get
into at the funeral home and I didn't want to lose my brake extensions
and the cushion..that's extra stuff to take along when its not necessary,
Ive used my chair lots of times with no cushion..and I had to be tipped
and pulled in backwards to get into the hall where the reception was
held afterwards..so I was glad that I took the time to do that..but that is
the things I have to do now before I can just go anywhere, I have to
think of all these things.. Before I could just hear the car horn..and run
out and get in the car, now..I have to wait for whomever is taking me
to come and help me at the door, its just not nearly as easy now..the
joys of chair life.. I never realized how much there was to consider..but
then I really had no reason to..I never thought this would happen to me.
But well it did..so..that's why Ive had to resort to 'plans of attack' , they
work if I take the time to make them .. THATS the trick of it.. and some
times I don't and that's what gets me into trouble :-)

Well was a nice Monday, Chris called said on Saturday he was coming
today, well as of this post Ive not seen the little man..so..he said he would
call first..Penny got us all clean..got my icee and we are all set.. I wish you
all a very happy new year..that all you wish for, dream for, and hope for are
yours..that this is the best year that you have had.. I hope it is for me as well.
As long as we tell Ourselves it WILL be that..It will...
The GORGEOUS WEEBLE has spoken..
HAPPY NEW YEAR .... and "Nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now,Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS!! :-) I will be
back next year ! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Yes tippers are nice to have at time, then they are times they are a big pain...and when you need to turn them up...they are stuck and won't move.
    I tell them to keep Becky on her wheelchair at all times and turn down so they will work right just incase.
    I will be staying up for the New Year, most of the time Bob and Michael go to bed early.
    I like it when everyone goes to bed but me. Have more time to think.
    My grandson Jonathon coming over for a few hours to see Michael. They have a good time together playing games.
    Jan 1st 2008 is right on us. May God guide us all the way and keep us in his hands.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Glad you've got rid of those tippers. I can't see you doing a racing start at any time and doing a "wheelie" across the living room!!
    Neither of my Russian friend's chairs had them - they would have been a pain in the butt when I took her up and down steps.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, Gorgeous Weeble.
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from Raife

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Mine lock in with little nubbies and I dont think they can be put in any other way, but Ive never tried..Ive never had need for them..Ive come close to doing a wheelie..but didnt go backwards...
    Yes, a whole new year to fill up..Im ready to get on with the show :-)

    Hiya Raife..
    Hows the cold buddy? You need 4 or 5 of those hot toddys and you wont feel miserable anymore..you wont feel ANYTHING lol..The tippers come with the chairs I dont recall asking special for them like I did my brake extensions..those are handly, Im glad I have them..

    So nice to hear from you..and Happy New Year~!~
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOU GO GIRL YOU ROCK 800 WOW I GUESS I NEED TO GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING AND READ THEM ALL. LOVE YOUR PHOTOS, MAY I USE SOME OF THE SNOW ONES FOR PSP?? GRAMPS AND I WERE TAKING SOME LESSONS BEFORE HE PASSED MAYBE I CAN REMEMBER HOW.
    HAPPY NEW YEARS
    RICHARD

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Richard..
    Yes, you can use the snow ones..so nice to hear from you.. With all the snow we have there are LOTS of snow ones LOL... finally has stopped tho..and the sun is out..:-)
    about time ...
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker