ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

~Ugly Thumb~


Penny made it today, and I was glad, since they say friday will
be even worse than what it was today. The wind has slowed
but there is a second major storm coming at us.. Penny
went to the store and got us all clean..She swept off the front
porch as there was as much snow on it as outside since
that plastic came off... When its winter you have to plan ahead
or you can get stuck with eating nothing but crackers...if you
even have those.. Many people don't stock up.. COA brings
a special bag that is for emergencies.. It has a box of milk,
that doesn't have to be in the fridge, a box of cereal..2 cans
of fruit, 2 cans of veggies, a can of stew, things that can be
opened and eaten, well IF you have a can opener that is..
I don't have an electric one myself..I have one of the old kind,
that you open and clip onto the side of the can..then twist
the winder thing and it goes around the can.. I have better luck
with those than I do electric ones..those I have had so much
trouble with Ive called them everything BUT what they were...

Ive been asked how my hand, well thumb is doing so I took a
photo today of it.. Its not any better as you can see and in fact
it is bigger than what it was and spreading.. I am going to
have to break down go to the doctor, I cant seem to find any
thing here to work.. Its so hard to make an appointment
when I don't know what the weather will be... I keep hoping I
can get it to heal..since I hate going to a Dr so badly.. Im
just not one to rush to a Dr at the drop of a hat..not if I can
get it to heal.. When I showed it to the Dr before she didn't
give me anything for it then..she saw it when I had to go for
my elbow...which still hurts off and on..but the other Dr said
it would not go away permanently..It doesn't hurt near like it
did.. My hand however, it is really sore the past couple days,
and it hurts to move my thumb.. when I have to roll in to my
bedroom its like..I stop..look and take a deep breath, and
start the hard push to get up to my bed.. It really is hard to
roll in there..

Kenny came by last nite..and fixed the door..Put some strip
stuff around the outside. Its helped.. He took the torn plastic
off the screen, the sound of it drove all 3 of us nuts.. I wish
he had swept off the porch but he didn't.. Penny did today.
We had trouble a few times today with the door closing but
if you slam it really hard it will catch and stay shut.. Kenny
is just not the best when it comes to doing this stuff..but hes
young.. and hes learning I guess.. he needs to learn how to
be a tad faster on getting to his jobs..what..3 weeks since I
called about the door? Joys of renting...

The one place its TOO easy to roll in is my kitchen.. I had
Penny pick up a Danish pastry for me.. and I am gonna eat
half of it and save the other half for tomorrow.. then wait for the
boy and Ralph to come by. Ralph is a old friend and related
to Donnie or was..when he was married to his ex wife..Ralph
is her cousin.. He spent some time in a wheel chair and stayed
at Donnies to recouperate too..he had gotten hit by a car one
night when he was drinking and stopped on the side of the road
to take a whiz and got hit.. bet he doesn't ever do that again..what
was even worse..his dog was killed too..a beautiful black lab....
Well time for some pastry and my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and thanks ! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lios your hand need a Dr to look at it, maybe a wound care Dr is what you need.
    Well we got a lot of snow here look like 12 inches, more coming down.
    So the trip to Parson was called off,till next week.
    I had to work a few hours for Becky today, was able to get her computer going again. Sure glad the next shift came in early, I wanted to get a few thing at the store for her.
    It just keep on snowing here, they say most of the night it will be.
    Sure hoping to so to Pittsburg about 70 from here in the morning, hoping to get a few teeth pulled.
    School was out today, grandson Jonathon spended the day here with Mike and grandpa.
    Stay warm and dry Lois.
    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honey, Dear,
    You know, you really MUST bite the bullet and ask Donald to get that carpet up for you. That pic will worry all us admirers of THE Gorgeous Weeble!
    If Kenny has put self adhesive foam strip around the door, it will be hard to close. I put some around my sister's front door about 10 years ago, and it still needs a slight slam to get it shut - but it is draught-proof! still!!
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    If it doesnt look better next week I will go and see about it. Id hate for my thumb to fall off. :-) We got alot of snow that went thru where you are Mary you sent it to me ..thank you :-) well we have to share I sent it on to Momar lol...

    Hiya Raife,
    draught? you mean draft? lol.. JK..:-) it has helped..and I just have to gently slam the door, just so long as my mirror doesnt fall off the wall Im ok..

    So nice to hear from you..Y'all stay warm and dry and well...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry about sending you so much snow,but we had plenty to share with you. Do you need more snow?????? It did make a mess here for us...School was out two days now...
    My trip to Pittsburg turn out bad, our Van started acting up and we came back home...
    I just want to cry, but that won't fix the Van...we are taking it in next week to check it out. Sure hope it don't cost much to fix it...
    I really wanted some of these teeth pulled today, it will take a will to get another apointment.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker