ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

~Clothes Are Great~


I need a wig.. a whole head one.. just for days when my hair
no matter what I do decides to look like crap.. I need to put in
another hair rinse.. I have found that I do have GREY hair ! Its
an ok color..but..well I prefer blonde.. Its so hard to do my own
though ...what I have to go thru its not easy.. Plus the strain on
my arms holding them up to be able to put a rinse in ... you
don't just dump it on your head and hope for the best, If you
want it to look nice you don't do that... Then ends don't change
color anyway, its only the roots..so that's the only place you have
to put it.. well depends on long it is between rinses.. Its been ..
a VERY long time since I have put one in.. I wanted to have it
done at the beauty shop..but that's just WAY out of my budget.
So anyway, DONT look at my iccky hair.. If you notice I do
match quite well :-) I like paisley prints.. that's what my skirt is.
I have my turquoise top that I can wear with this skirt too..and
the look totally changes.. Its so neat that just changing my top
I can change the look of a skirt.. I love clothes :-)

I have to admit..being a sewer ..well no.. I can sew..but I consider
my self pretty close to an expert..so I call myself a SEAMSTRESS..
I watched a wedding show on tv..a bridesmaid needed to have her
dress altered, day before the wedding, this poor wedding planner
called all over and could NOT find ONE seamstress that could fix
that dress for them.. I looked in the phone book and have asked
around here too if there are any.. only places now to take clothes
to be altered are to some dry cleaners, they sometimes retain a
seamstress to do work for them... but they are Getting to be a lost
art.. Like my Aunt Phyllis.. she could embroider, she did cut work,
which is almost another lost art.. she LOVED to do that.. she
would sit for hours and hours and make some of the most wonderfully
beautiful pillow cases and dresser scarves.. pictures.. I have quite
a few of her things she did.. I have a beautiful tablecloth she did..Its
packed away... so many of my nice things are still in boxes..

I have so much stuff still packed up..and I have lots of things that I
don't really Use but don't want to get rid of either.. I sat in the kitchen
this morning looking around at what was out, the walls.. what I could
do to fix it up..I have 2 bins in there with dishes and my tea pots..I
think that I should put them out so I can see them, but with such a
limit on space I cant.. I cant take out any of these great things I have
packed away still.. My tablecloths..my antiques lamps that I had out
for a while.. all of those are packed away again.. I need the room to
put things I need to use every day or when I want to cook .. My wood
dining room table, that was my mothers, it looked so pretty when it
had a lovely lace table cloth on it.. or the one my Aunt did.. Now it
has my micro wave , bread Box , knives. napkins, you would never
know that was the same table, I worry about it that it might get a
scratch or something but.. I have no choice but to use it..my other
one is too small..and this being wood it would look like the chairs
that are down the basement that match..all moldy and smelly.. I
should have a big garage sale.. but then I keep a distant hope that
maybe SOMEDAY I might get a bigger place again..that I can
have all these things out to see and enjoy.. One of these days. :-)

I have decided for this month, well April.. I have been VERY good and
I think I am going to treat myself to a treat.. I havent decided what yet
for sure.. I am leaning towards a screen door that I saw in a Carol
Wright gifts catalog.. that I can put here in this living room doorway and
not worry about the boys, I KNOW Ill enjoy the fresh air.. Then I had
thought about chimes for the porch as a treat.. or that bird feeder I
put here the other day, Im not sure...I can only have ONE, so I have to
make sure its the right ONE ! :-) I think we would all enjoy the screen
the most..so that might be what I pick.. I am going to ask Donnie if
perhaps he might have one or know someone that does..then I could
get the feeder, I think the Boys and the birds would enjoy that more
than the chimes.. Decisions, decisions,, its SO hard to decide which
I want more :-)

What I want more of right now is a more comfortable way to sit and its
NOT in this chair..Even though Today was a nice quiet Sunday and I
didn't do one thing but play on this puter and eat..I sat the whole time,
but NOW I want to sit on something more cushy like my bed..so I am
headed back to watch TV .. well after I have a piece of cake...
GORGEOUS WEEBLES love cake!!! :-) "Nitey Nite" ...

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and THANKS!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clothes - great? Well, you know my preferences - lol. I know you are a great seamstress - and that's really a wonderful - and useful - skill.

    Don't know about a wig - I like people as their natural selves. And you are soooo gorgeous, no matter what!

    Thanks, as always, for the pic - love ALL your pics Sweet One.

    Take care.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Butty !
    How nice to hear from you.. I was getting worried my blog was boring lol... I know You and clothes lol..
    You say the sweetest things.. thanks.. hope you have a good day :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I lived for 6 months in St. Gall, Switzerland which is an embroidery and textile city. I roomed with a woman who was an embroiderer.
    The next neigborhood over in Brooklyn is Boro Park. Many of the women there wear wigs for religious reasons.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    You have lived just about everywhere! I didnt know that about switzerland, I love embroidered things.. My aunt was very skilled...did beautiful work.. They wear wigs for religious reasons? I dont think Ive heard of that before.. Your so interesting :-)
    I would like to see what NYC is like.. :-) specially your nabe, one of these days..
    so nice to hear from you...
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker