ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, March 28, 2008

~What To Write~

I am sitting here thinking about what Im going to write about
today, since today was like..Wednesday or last monday..one
of Penny's days that shes here.. I got to thinking how these
days are pretty much alike.. she has a routine when she comes
that she goes thru.. The bathroom, then the kitchen.. dusting,
she knows how dust on my lamps drives me insane.. just a
glitch I have :-) then she will do the floors or vacuum off the sofa.
And always a trip to DQ or to the store too if I need something
for over the weekend.. She wont be back until Monday. during
the week Donna comes by every day at noon.. so I see some
one every day.. And when Donna comes she is supposed to
sort of check on us..They are to make sure we answer or they
see us when they come by... And here, well no one makes it
in and out with out being inspected by the boys anyway...

I have to say since I have my thyroid pills back I feel a bit better.
Not as tired as I was.. Well I do get really pooped by the after
noon anyway.. well to be honest, my BUTT does.. or my hips.
If I sit the wrong way for too long.. my stumps let me know by
going instantly tingly.. well that sleeping feeling.. everyone has
had that.. My stumps if I sit the wrong way for too long will go
to sleep.. specially my right one.. When she isnt asleep its like
I am instantly aware she isnt because she stayed asleep for
so long.. I thought it was the way they were supposed to feel..

Did you notice what I wrote? I refer to my stumps as SHE's...
well theyre mine.Sometimes though. I do call them everything but
what they are, they're aggravating me so bad.. Some times
the phantoms get hold..and to me the phantoms are the ice
pick stabs.. those really hurt.. and I always get them in my
heels.. or my big toe or along the side of my foot.. I feel every
bit of my feet and toes...and my legs too..but the distance I
feel now between my knee and the bottom of my foot feels
shorter..my feet now..hanging down..reach the top of my
small tire in the front.. not flat on it.. its shorter but if I point
my toes down, I can put them on top of the grey tire.. :-)

Really.. Its so hard to describe.. because I KNOW this feeling
really isnt there.. I can even put my hand over the end, and
it doesn't matter.. well my legs go right through my mattress
when I am laying on my bed.. THATS a weird feeling too!
its like describing something from a Sci Fi movie :-) but its
really true..actually feeling this is whats weird.. :-) They didn't
tell me..but until you actually feel this you cant really KNOW
just what its like.. and as hard as I try to really describe it.. I
know im not really explaining it as to how it really feels.. I bet
though each of us feels this differently.. it cant be put into just
ONE type of feeling.. not since all amputees are different and
feel things differently... I honestly don't believe it when someone
says they are really actually HAPPY being an amputee. Im
happy I'm alive... :-)


Im alive, fairly well but certain parts of my anatomy are NOT happy,
and so that tells me its that time for me to get out of this chair
for today.. I got up early as it is my very Dear friends birthday,
Raife.. I had hoped to tell him on SKYPE . "Happy Birthday My
Dear Friend" :-) but as the day wore on and he was busy and I was-
we didn't get a chance..But Its his birthday today..Y'all wish him a
Happy Birthday too... :-) Time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"Nitey Nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS ! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydearest honey!
    I hope you got my mail.... Well at first i must say Happy Birthday to my fellow competitor of your intrest, Raife that is!
    Secondly i must say that your stumpfeelings sound very intresting... I know they aggrivate you, but to me they sound brilliantly intresting, and i KNOW they are so cute!
    I wish i was there to give the "shes" a nice massage, when they phantomize you....
    Kisses and so on from your own:
    ROB

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What is needed is a nice, comfy lap to sit on, just to give your sweet butt a change of scenery!! I'm sure there are all sorts of ways to restore the circulation!! I think Rob would go along with that, too!
    Thank you, Rob, for your birthday wishes.
    The trouble with being 78 is that there are a couple of 39-year olds inside, trying to get out!!
    A Gorgeous Weeble looks just as gorgeous, whatever ones age! And the desire to cuddle a Gorgeous Weeble is just as strong now as ever it was!!
    Honey, if you Google "Amputees", you will find several sites that deal with phantom pain. I don't know if any of them might be a help to you?
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Gorgeous,
    Thanks for a very interesting post. I think that your legs are definitely she's - they are certainly part of you - and so lovely!... Like you.

    Sorry I haven't been able to get on line much lately - hope to improve that. Don't worry - I haven't forgotten you.

    Take care - Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a client with spinal cord compression, and alsheimers I didn't know he had alsheimers until yesterday. He has a home health aide, a visiting nurse, a social worker, and a physical therapist. That is quite a team. No wonder you have so many visitors. The most important thing is roof over head, food on the table and some quality of life. Now if you could just get rid of the phantoms.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    Yes dear, I did get your mail..thank you.. :-) Its interesting to me as well.. the feelings my stumps generate..its a very wide variety..

    Hi Raife :-)
    We are all so different I think all we can do is just compare notes.. Age is only a number, has no bearing on anything.. well maybe cheese :-) or wine.. lol...

    Hi Butty!
    I miss you when your gone..but I have faith you will return.. :-) and you always do which Im very glad.. :-)

    Hiya Momar...
    I have caseworkers that have to come by so I can sign that they were here.. thats ALL I will vouche for. as to doing their jobs? well... lets just say when they WANT to they can .. they just take their sweet time doing it..Ive never had a PT person.. ever.. only in the HHome.. then for only 6 weeks when they had me hop up n down the hall.. lol. I guess that was therapy :-)

    So nice to hear from y'all..hope your having a good week end.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker