ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, March 29, 2008

~Whats Changed?~

Ive been trying to think of things that we have changed here
that could cause this rash crap stuff... I cannot think of one thing.
BUT.. I did change my blood pressure medication.. I started on
this patch...first on one arm then the next week on the other.. I
know many people are allergic it says to this rubbery like cover
that goes over the square medicine thingie that you put on first.
I am wondering if I am allergic to this and could this be the cause
for this rash on my arms and hands? I think the thumb is a very
severe case of rubbing against my tire.. I try really hard not to
push against it.. but sometimes to gain the leverage I need I
have to, to be able to get across that bedroom carpet.. I think
to best describe how hard it is..would be probly like me trying
to roll across a wet soggy yard, having to push my wheels hard
to be able to get across.. I know I can use my power chair and
I seriously have considered starting to use it instead.. I honestly
hate to use it steady as I really worry that I would lose my arm
strength when it comes to transferring or moving around on my
bed... I cant afford to lose that at all.. Above everything else I
HAVE to stay strong in more ways than one, really... I need to
in EVERYTHING I do or TRY to do...

If things were like they were before.. when I had legs.. I honestly
used to complain when I THOUGHT something was too hard
to do or just took a little more effort to do it..and I would gripe!
I think now..and boy Id love to be able to do just half of the things
I took for granted that I would be able to do the rest of my life..
How things change.. One thing I really miss... its really funny and
not something that you would even really think WOULD be a
feeling I guess you would miss experiencing or doing.. I miss
CROSSING my legs.. You know..sitting with one knee over the
other..I always sat like that..Sometimes I would let my shoe hang
off my toes, or when I was mad or upset you could watch my foot
as it tapped in mid air.. I miss that.. amazing hey? but its true..
I look at some photos I have.. and.. well my legs are crossed..I
would LOVE to be able to do that.. I cant.. I have tried..but my
stumps are just too short, well if I held them with my hands they
would stay sort of crossed my right is so short and the left is
longer but not long enough to really go OVER and the crossed
feeling be there.. its more of a strain to hold it up like that and
not comfy at all.. I do sit with a pillow under them though when
I am sitting up watching TV on my bed ...that's comfy for me..

I got my Angel Food delivered today and boy this is really a
great deal..and the food is so very good too.. and a lot.. the
price did go up 5 dollars but theres more food now too.. I
think this program is in every state and most towns.. My sister
said her church sponsors it too..Anyone can buy it..for them
selves or for others..and whats so great..is we can use our food
stamps to get it.. which for me is a HUGE plus.. I am really
grateful they have it.. Keeps me going all month with the rest of
my food stamps.. I wish they had a program to get supplies,
like paper or soap or cleaning stuff .. that's what adds up .. well
it does if your a clean NUT...like some people I know are :-)

I have been hungry for shrimp..at meijers they have buy 1 bag
and get 2 free..only for today.. Penny came in to work for a client
today and went and got some for us.. I got the 3 bags, but I gave
one to her to take home for her and Eddy.. I need to stay on his
good side..hes a truck driver and right now hes delivering a lot of
the plants etc for the stores.. so..I aint stupid.. Id like some nice
stuff for my porch.. I am going to find out about getting another
screen door for on the other side of this one.. I don't know if it would
close with the mail box on the main door.. If I can get a screen door
on there I can leave that door open this summer and get some of
that fresh air.. Last year I used a window screen but it wasn't wide
enough or tall enough that I could leave and not watch it.. WIth a
kid like Dutch..he would figure a way up, over, OR through it.. So
I need a full door I think.. I will have to ask Donnie or may be if
my sis and Stanley come up I can ask him.. I know we are gonna
plant some flowers in that planter box out there.. that looked so nice
last year.. Penny did good with that. I bet if that flower bed down
below the kitchen window had a little bit of work done on it..and
the one across along side the garage they would be so pretty. I
bet Penny and I could do it one nice day.. :-) Spring fever....:-)

Well time to fix some of that shrimp with pasta and tomatoes.. I
have a recipe in my head..and I am anxious to try it.. plus im really
hungry.. Well GORGEOUS WEEBLES need good food.. :-) And
I KNOW where it is waiting for me and that's where I am headed,
but first.. "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    If you could get in to see a good doctor that might take care of all your problem...sure hope that happen for you.
    Maybe you can use your power chair part of the time during the day or every other day.
    Well my face look so funny today so swollen and some black and blue marks.4 of the 5 teeth fell apart on them so it took a lot of work for them to clean it all up.
    April 25th they will take out all ten of the bottom one's. I will be so glad when they are all gone and I can get my new teeth when my gum are ready for them...
    Had to take Michael to the doctor this morning, he right ear drum was in trouble, he was in lot of pain...got that all taken care of.
    Becky is doing better again, Pam is having problem with her seizure again.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here in nyc, you can buy a 1lb. package called 16-bean soup mix. I mix it with a can of sliced carrots, some spinach, noodles and i have enough food for 16 meals. The churches have food pantries. but I hate to get those parcels, they should go to someone who trully needs the food.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm... Shrimp - just love it - would love to sit down and have shrimp with your most gorgeous self!!

    Good idea on a possible allergy to the meds...mmmm... get that checked out. As for rubbing the tire - certainly a possibility. I understand how you feel about doing everything you can..and good for you!!

    You take care my love. Bare Hugs as always,

    Butty

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I am anxious to meet this dr, I wanna know just how LONG hes been there~! first I knew since I started going there.. I have gone thru what you are with teeth.. Although I had my top taken out all at one time in hospital, and woke up with my plate in.. The bottoms all at once but in the dentists office. I found if I kept rinsing my mouth out with warm salt water helped heal faster.. This isnt easy but very worth it. It was one of the best things I ever did.. I hate dentists LOL...

    Hi Momar,
    I LOVE bean soup. We have mixes here as well in the store..The boxes of food I get come in handy as they are all staples that can be stored..which helps..

    Hi Butty!
    I love SEE FOOD both kinds :-) Im anxious to find out what this is so I can get rid of it.. I dont like this stuff at all.. Wed..hopefully.. :-)

    So nice to hear from all of you..hope your having a good day :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker