ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

~Its Thursday?~

Today is Thursday or so I thought.. I thought I had an appt.
with Rebecca and Theresa at least I woke up thinking that ..
I guess Im in the wrong week! :-) maybe its next week.. I
usually write all this stuff down or set my little PC alarm clock
to remind me.. but I got no way to remind me to remind ME!
When I used to shop, I would make a list..leave, get to the
store and look for it.. well I bet I aint the only one does that.. I
FORGOT the LIST! :-) Was a rainy dull gloomy day today ,
I don't feel too bad, but my thumb is really sore.. When I roll
my chair its so dry it cracks..then bleeds..then is really even
MORE sorer? sore? well hurts more..:-) I will survive it.. I did
the same routine today as Ive been doing the past couple, I
hold my hands and arms under the faucet and let the warm
water just wash over them.. It does dry them out..but I don't
want to put any lotion on them for fear they go back even
worse.. But I noticed today my thumb isnt as red as it was..
So maybe that's a good sign.. I still have NO idea what is
doing this.. next wednesday..

Penny and I sat yesterday trying to think of what it could be,
and neither of us could come up with anything.. We havent
changed any of our cleaning or laundry stuff .. nothing is
different.. I keep those cloth wiper things in the bathroom and
I thought for a while it might be the lotion in them or something
but these last kind doesn't have any scent or any of that in it..
I just don't know.. but I DO KNOW I don't want it to spread to
other parts of me.. THAT would be awful !!! I would still be a
GORGEOUS WEEBLE..but.. I don't like ickky stuff :-)

Other than doing nothing all day its been quiet.. Ive not done
anything much other than to re arrange some of the junk I
have scattered all around this desk.. I had thought of a new
one with drawers or something that I can hide some of this
clutter..the way it looks by this desk now you would think I
LIVE HERE or something.. well I do spend half my time
here and the rest on my bed watching TV or sleeping.. So
I guess this spot here would look kinda lived in.. I know
there are 2 grooves in the carpet where my tires go .. I seem
to always pull up to this desk in the same spot every time..
And this has been for over a year half now..so ya.. there
should be some grooves in the carpet :-)

Lunch today.. well.. was salads..tuna, broccoli and potato..I
Honestly think they have a new cook..the food has gotten, to
me, a lot worse.. these salads were HARD.. I couldn't eat
them at all. well with no bottom dentures YET, I cant chew
those hard raw veggies.. I bet Im not the ONLY one with half
a set of teeth.. I bet lots don't have any- that get these dinners,
I wonder what they do.. I couldn't eat what they sent today..
They had meat loaf the other day, which usually is pretty good,
this time it was awful..and the serving so small..was pitiful..I
don't eat alot..but my word.. they don't even give you enough
so you can have left overs...I shouldn't complain since I get
these for free..but.. because they are free shouldn't they at
least be eatable? I KNOW I cant be the only one that says
the lunches are ickky.. wonder if they complain.. they should
or how will they know the stuff is ickky? I bet those down at
the COA don't eat it.. well not if they don't have to anyway..

What I have to do now is get out of this chair for today.. I got
up early today because the kids decided mom had slept all
she needed to and they refused to leave me alone till I got
up and fed them.. then the buggars go back to bed ! how unfair,
but that's cats for ya.. A snack, then some knittin... but first..my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya..and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****
God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Yes it Thursday today, having to get everything ready for Friday DDS appointment for me...I got the church all clean up and ready for Sunday, got all the shopping done for the girls. Mike needed to see the doctor today, he been having a bad sore throat this week and not feeling very good today...
    Had some paper work on Mike that needed some attention.
    Mike going to a party tonight, trying to get him around so we won't be late.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary
    It was 82 F here today, wow a little warm it was...but very nice.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meals on wheels can be doctored to become quite good. I add marj to the veggies, potatoes and pastas. On the meat or fish - I add water, soy and duck sauces. sometimmes I use herbs such as basil or oregano.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    One day is just like the others for me, for you every day is just about an adventure :-) which is good..Lovely day here today although we got snow over night!..

    Hi Momar,
    Yes, those dinners need alot added to them.. a good cook would be a good place to start hey? :-)

    Hope your both well..good to hear from you..thanks :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker