ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

~I Was Up Early~

I want you to know I got up with the birds this morning.
4 am.. I just couldn't sleep any longer..I tried.. I laid there
for what seemed forever but I just did not go back to
sleep..I got up..made coffee and of course checked my
email and rebooted..but this was AFTER I fed the boys.
They have to come first..they only allow me ONE stop
before they start to nag me to feed them, and I don't think
I need to tell you where that first stop is.. :-)

It was so nice out last nite I sat in the doorway and watched
and of course listened to the traffic going up and down this
street out here.. I did enjoy listening to my chimes though..I
love those things, I can even hear them when the door is
closed, I didn't realize how much I missed them until I got
these put up..

I was going to take a shower today and boy what I have
to go through to get set up.. I mean Im already totally give
out by the time I get into the shower.. Gathering at least
4 towels..then pulling and dragging that shower bench
to where it goes is MAJOR.. I have to totally LIFT it up,
then swing it around and THEN put it back INTO the tub.
Part of it sticks over and then I have to get in there.. Its
not a very easy thing to do..and takes a lot of energy and
TIME...

I was tired before I started and by the time I got the bench
set up..the towels out..my clothes and everything I sat there
for I bet at least 5 minutes wondering did I want to just take
a bird bath or go through this whole ordeal of a shower?
I braved the doubts and slid across that cold slippery bench,
turned the water on and I will admit it did feel good.. I just
wish I didn't have to go through so much to feel that.. I cant
believe when I stop to think of all the little minor things that
I had to do with legs..it wasn't hard at all.. I am sure finding
out just how easy I did have it.. But I did get my shower ...

There are parts of my life I have never written about much less told
about..but in the past few days things have drastically changed and
I am sincerely hoping which I am convinced they are..for the better..
I know my life will be changing from what I knew.. A long time ago
when I was in my first phase of my life..when I was married.. I had 2
sons.. due to circumstances I have not been in touch with them
for over 35 years.. As of today, I have spoken to both of my
sons.. I have learned I am gramma to 5 wonderful children as
well.. This was a major step for me..but it was time..I was
adopted.. I never knew my birth mother.. I wish I had- I had so
many questions.. as do my sons.. Im glad I found them and
made contact.. its good for them and for me.. That's why I
was up so early this morning.. I have been so excited about
this I cant stand it.. This is such a good thing..Im pleased..

But now I am hungry.. So now I need food and I am gonna log off
this puter and take a 5 .. Im kinda tired...even though I didnt do ONE
single thing today..just getting up early makes me tired and makes
my butt sore from sitting for so long...You know what THAT means..
Time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

6 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,

    It's nice to hear that you are fine. and that you have been in touch with your sons after such a long time.

    I would like to know how did you dry ur stumps since they are short. and then how did you get dress after ur shower.

    have a nice day.

    Take care
    Bye...bye...bye

    Yashvin

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are many things we do in a lifetime. We live we learn we love and lose. I never really accepted what went on.
    38 years ago there were a string of questions that started to grow. I was a bad child and I put my Dad and Grandparents through hell just like I did my Mum. But the worst thing anyone can do to a child is lie or keep the truth from them. Like a child I'll learn again too because I can do anything I want to Butterfly slowly get to know you and you get to know me. One day at a time. Let he or she that has not sinned cast the first stone. So the question is if your butterflyLois then I am Larvae too.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a mini-tub and I take french baths or sponge baths - whatever you want to call them. I can sit on the toilet with the lid down - it is very fast.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I was able to sleep till 6 had a bathroom break and back to sleep till 7 A.M. I wanted to go rummage sale this morning...I found to blouses for Pam...Pam stomach under is very sore again and Becky leg is real sore again too. I wish they would stay well in those places...
    Lois it is so good you have make contact with your sons...wow I am so happy for you...and you have grandchildren too...wow great news Lois.
    God bless you even more my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous one,

    So wonderful you are in touch with your sons!!

    Just wanted to let you I haven't had two minutes of computer time this week - and I'm going to be out of touch (no computer) for the next two weeks. I will have withdrawal symptoms. But of course - I will be thinking of you always.

    Take care you beautiful woman!!!

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hello Yashvin,
    Nice to hear from you again..Its very easy to dress, hard to explain tho..Hope all is well by you :-)

    Hi Mark..
    You write very well too. You must really be just like your GORGEOUS WEEBLE mother :-) So nice to hear from you :-)

    Hi Momar,
    I call them birdbaths. I fill up the sink and wash that way lots easier.. When I have to do my hair then I venture into the shower ordeal..its alot of work...

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, I am so glad to be in touch with them. I guess this is one of those re-starts I make..this one should be very good...I see lots of happy times ahead.. Yes, 5 grands..isnt that wonderful...im pleased...

    Hi Butty!
    How can you STAND being away from me let alone the computer!! So nice to hear from you..Hurry back I shall be patiently waiting :-)

    So very nice to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker