ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, May 19, 2008

~Lost Is Found~

I lost my ruby ring. I have been looking for it for 2 days.
Its a beautiful ring and I wore it on my index finger on
my left hand.. When I noticed it was gone I started to
look..and I mean EVERYWHERE.. It was kinda loose,
the past while, I noticed some of my rings have gotten
loose and would just fall off, but I found them right away
as I felt them when they came off.. This one why I didn't
notice it had come off was surprising. I was getting really
up set that I had lost it.. Ruby's are my favorite anyway, I
cant wear the ruby and diamond heart ring my sister got
me anymore as the band got so thin it broke, to get it
fixed would cost a fortune.. Years ago she and Stan got
that ring for me for my birthday. I picked it out and wore
it so much that I wore it out..

Anyway, I have been steady looking even asked the boys
but they ignored me... :-) Since I lost this ring I bet I have
been in and out of my fridge many times.. Well.. this morning
Im sitting there and open the door and look..THERE is my
RING! it was sitting on top of a carton that had salad in it.. It
was just RIGHT there! I did not see it all the other times I had
been in that fridge!.. It was cold as could be but there it was.
I was so glad to find it.. but now I will have to find a different
finger to wear it on...I sure don't want to lose it again...

I had 2 prescriptions to get refilled today, Im out of birdseed
and a few other things.. at just before 9 this morning, my phone
rang and it was Penny of course.. She woke up with a stiff neck
and it hurt her to move her head, so she didn't come in today..
I wasn't mad but a tad upset, I knew I should have gotten my
pills etc on Friday, I should never put off getting anything for
just this very reason that I don't know for sure what days that
Penny will miss.. Its so hard to be dependent on others and I
honestly have a hard time with it as I hate to ask anyone for
anything.. But I am learning to never put off getting anything
for me or the boys just in case something happens.. I hope
she will be ok.. Ive not heard back from her, I hope she is
here on Wednesday.. if not I will have to call someone to get
them for me.. which Im sure If I called Dawn she would come
and go and get them for me..shes such a sweetie..

When she was here last time she brought the dog, Jerky..He
is so huge! takes up every bit of space in here.. Hes a good
dog tho..just needs to go to obedience school.. Dawn says
she's taking HIM for a walk but to see them you KNOW that is
NOT the case as you see that dog DRAGGING Dawn down
the street.. Shes so tiny anyway and Jerky if I hold on to him
he can pull me all over with no trouble at all... I have this red
light laser I got for the cats and decided to see what the dog
would do.. He went totally NUTZ.. he loved it.. Dawn and I
laughed so hard at this dog and how wild he got.. it was
really hilarious.. I told Dawn I would buy one for the dog if
she would stop at Meijers and get him one.. He had the best
time with that thing.. She refused my offer but said she would
get one for him and the cat.. I know my boys love that thing..
they do fight over who gets to chase it tho...

It was so cool in here this morning that my furnace came on..
How do you shut the bloomin thing off? I thought turning the
thermostat down did the trick.. I was going into the bathroom
this morning rolling past the heat register and fell the breeze
from it! I was so mad, It wasn't that cold and plus the fact I
thought I had shut it off.. Well I came into the living room to
check the thermostat and of course I couldn't see it as I am
TOO SHORT!! :-) I lifted up and tried to see what it was
set on, my hand slipped and my forehead hit the door facing.
I have a nice knot on my forehead now.. Well I turned the
gage thingie down even more and I HOPE that will be good
enough to keep it off.. Im looking forward to smaller gas bills.

I slept late this morning, I got up at 5:30.. made a potty call and
went back and laid down and I was out like a light.. I wish I could
get on a good sleep schedule.. I guess so much going on the
past few days has disrupted that being Ive been not really stressed
but well.. excited I guess..would be a good word...I didn't eat lunch
when they brought it.. Before I got it about 130 or 2 even, now, I
get it about 10:30.. big difference..cant make up their minds.. Im
not complaining as I do need these lunches now that my food
stamps have been cut over 100. That sure has caused me grief.
Im glad I get these lunches and they have the food pantrys here
that really help.. They sure make it hard for us..

Well lunch was spaghetti with green beans and garlic bread.. the
bread I have learned NOT to eat garlic..tears my stomach up and
I can taste it for days later it seems...I didn't eat it at 1030 so I
plan to after I post this for today... Was so nice read a message
from my son saying Nite Mum...I havent heard that in years
and until I heard it again I didn't realize just how much I did miss
it.....Life is Good for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE and I am MOST
grateful. "Nitey Nite".. :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya and THANKS!!!
Always, Lois ****
God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    It's no fun, having to depend opn others. Sadly, it seems to come to all of us in the end. The good bit is that you have some super people to call on if push comes to shove. Just imagine what it must be like if you have no-one to call on.
    I'm back after helping to clear up my cousin's estate. We had a real nice funeral service followed by a gathering for refreshments at my late cousin's bowls club - such a lot of real nice folks we met there, I'm not surprised my cousin was happy to go there every day.
    That "good night, Mom" is worth an awful lot, isn't it? It's like the "Love you" I exchange with my daughter whenever either of us calls.
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife!
    So glad your back and that everything went well for you..Ive been patiently waiting for you :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker