ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, May 18, 2008

~Re-Starts~


A long time ago when I did my first major restart on my
life I went from married and a mother to just being me.
I left everything I knew and loved dearly but in my mind,
I kept telling my self I would only be gone for a few weeks
and I would be back, even though I sold or packed up
everything I had. My sons were at their fathers for the
week end, I made a phone call to him to come and get
the boys things, that I was moving, but I would be back
in a few weeks. Which I really intended to do and just
start all over again.. I think a lot of my decision was
based on depression...and I wasn't happy with my life
at all.. I wanted a divorce, but with all the horrible things
that were happening the escape seemed to be the only
thing I could do to more or less save myself. It was the
first re-start on my life...

I was horribly unhappy in my marriage, it was NOT what I
had thought a marriage was like. I think it was because the
life style I entered into was so totally different to what I had
known. I married right out of high school while I was going
to nurses training, and moved to something very much
a different way of living..My husband was Italian..and a very
VERY close knit family. My husband was the first son, of
the first son, which made them all special. I was an out
sider and not accepted by the 'family' mainly because I
wasn't catholic and we were married the first time in a
Methodist church..We had to be married OVER again
in the catholic church or I would NEVER have heard the
end of that.. We had 2 sons.. 2 years apart.. a child was
miscarried between them.. I had totally changed from
what I had known...

When I decided to divorce my husband I moved out of the
house we were buying across the river to a small town by
the river.. I worked every day. One weekend when Mark
refused to go with his brother Richard to their dads.. I woke
up to the kitchen being totally on fire. Luckily Mark and I got
out.. I moved to an apartment and one thing after another
seemed to go wrong.. I had to have surgery, my gall bladder
removed, then I totalled out my car..a man ran a light and
broadsided my car, it was gone. The one I bought to replace
it was the one I used to make my escape that week end..

I traveled and ended up in Houston, TX, the years went by,
and I moved to Indiana in 1983 until I moved up here to this
new life in Michigan and as a amputee. The whole time I was
gone, every time I moved I mailed a letter to my ex husband
to tell him where I was and how to reach me.. I only got one
letter back, it was from his then wife, telling me to stay away.


I was adopted when I was 10 months old.. my whole life up to
when I met my real blood sister, Shirley, I wondered about my
birth mother. I wanted to know why, I didn't hate her at all.. I
just wanted my question answered.. When I met my sister she
had already died.. I didn't get to ask her.. I feel bad I didnt..but
theres nothing I can do about that now.. So when I got this
computer of course the first thing I looked up on Zaba was my
2 sons.. I only found my oldest son Richard.. But I never made
contact. Ive had this computer 5 years..

Lately I have been thinking about how I always wanted to know,
that I would have really liked to know my mother..and I got to
thinking about my sons.. I very seldom told any one about them.
It was a very private thing..and only my business.. A few chosen
ones knew.. my sister for one.. A close friend knew and has
been trying to get me to make contact and find out if the name
and phone number I had were my sons.. Finally .. Thursday I
made the call.. It was the right number and I honestly was VERY
pleased.. I talked to my daughter in law..she was so very nice.
But I have talked to both of them..The reaction is what I had
hoped it would be from one..The other needs time..but im sure
all will be just fine ..Im encouraged..and happy...

This is very much a re-start for me.. I saw a photo of Mark..and I
knew him.. I recognized him.. he looks the same as the 4 year
old boy I remember. I bet I would have known him anywhere. I
can hardly wait to see a photo of Richard. I would like them to
be a part of my life and I would like to be a part of theirs.. My
oldest son is only 5 and half hours away from me.. Mark, the
youngest is in the UK.. by London.. I had said not long ago
that I would LOVE to take a trip there, NOW I have even more
reason to go.. Maybe I will take up a collection to send this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE to meet her son...I have a lot of friends
in the UK not counting family I would love to meet.. which I
could do all that too!.. Could be a most enjoyable time there.
I will have to get over my fear of flying..and just DO IT...

Well ive gone on long enough, but I cant stand it.. I think I
am very happy :-) hungry too..and that's where im headed..
I may make some fries and gravy to celebrate :-) That
would be a double treat I got then :-) AHH life is good for
this GORGEOUS WEEBLE.. im happy..today anyway...
"Nitey Nite"...

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS! :-)_
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Susan K said…

    Lois, you need family, and they need you. When it is all over and done with, family is all that matters. I wish you well with this new spirt in your life with your son. May God travel with you, and make it right. I pray for that. Thank you for sharing your story today, I feel I learned a lot about you today.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great picture Lois.
    All that is in the past,look like a wonderful time of reunion a head for you...A time to share and forgive what the past has been on both sides.
    We can not change the past, but make the best of the future for all.
    A lot of healing on all side, and God can do that for each of us.
    God has blessed you with sons and grandchildren...you are blessed
    Mary

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi and yes I agree. Its good to be in touch with my boys.. There have been so many things I have been through in my life that I think if I wrote a book it would be listed as fiction :-) nice to hear from you and thanks :-)

    Hi Mary,
    THanks. Yes.we cant change the past..its gone.. The future we can..and thats what I hope to do..this will be a wonderful thing, and Im glad I did make that call..I was so scared..took me long enough..

    Hope your well.. good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker