ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

~Not Sleepin Good~

I did not sleep worth a flip last nite.. I sat up and laid back
down so many times I bet I looked like a yoyo.. I could not
get comfortable at all.. no matter what I tried to do..Maybe
I got too much sleep the other night and that threw me off
schedule.. Usually I sit and lay and watch TV till 11. but
lately I noticed I have dozed off a few times for an hour or
so.. But anyway I woke up at 230..wide awake. I turned the
TV back on and watched starship troopers.. One of the guys
in the movie only had one arm.. It was an old movie but on
all the other channels that time of night are nothing but paid
commercials and I hate those.. I counted the commercials
between segments of that movie and I counted 14 different
ads that I saw.. I hate commercials.. I did fall back to sleep
about 5 or so..last time I remember looking at the time. I
got up up at 730... I was wide awake again...but I stayed
up this time..

Since all this with my sons It got me to thinking about family
Where they are and that I sure would like to meet them all.
My Dad's parents grew up in the Grand Rapids area.. not
that far from me.. Both of them are buried there, they requested
that even though they lived their adult lives in Upper Michigan.
Ive looked on a map and there is a historical farm that belongs
or did to a cousin of mine. I looked but couldn't find a record
of it on the listings, but on the map there is a road named
after our family..

I know I have cousins there as I remember every winter at
deer season my cousin Russel and a few others would come
up and stay for a few weeks to hunt deer with my Dad..The
meals my mother made for all of us then were amazing, she
loved to cook and trust me we all appreciated her talent..I
know its possible some of their family could be living there
in that area still... I dug out our family tree to look up the
names of some of my grandparents family. I have a family
tree that my grandfather took 20 years to put together and
trace our history. The family tree goes back to when the
first member of our family came here on one of the boats
with Colombus.. and every family member is listed.. They
first settled there in Salem but then migrated to lower
Michigan . What is so interesting is the detail my grandfather
went to to investigate and list what every male member of
the family did..Its very interesting.. To see my name on it as
well made me feel rather special.. My grandfather worked
very hard putting that together for us.. The only ones I know
to carry it on is my cousin Ronnie and his 2 sons.. I have a
cousin somewhere in California my Uncle Richards son,
but I have NO idea where they are...be interesting to find
out.. But I would like to take a day trip to Grand Rapids..
If I had my own van I could !

Lunch was awful today it was some sort of variation on
Hawaiian chicken I think..it looked horrible and needless
to say I did NOT eat it... I have a drs. appointment at 1
tomorrow if nothing happens again.. I hate them at that
time but its the only time the Dr will be there..Its a sort
of after hospital check up..plus I want to see what he
thinks about this hernia..be interesting to find out..maybe
I just don't want him to tell me anything ugly like the word
surgery or something..THEN I would be upset.. I will find
out tomorrow..more than likely he will send me to yet
another Dr.. Wanna bet?

Time to eat and Im gonna clean up that kitchen while Im
at it.. Penny not being here I get behind and I hate to
have a big mess when she does come in ..I don't want
her to think Im a slob or something.. So.. food time and
then relaxing but first I havta write my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? Love ya and thanks!!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Patsy is doing fine now, she did have some problem with her blood pressure ...so good to be back home...Patsy has a trip to a out of town Dr Wednesday morning.Hoping this will be the last one for a while for her...yes I am going with her.
    Michael will be home tonight from his birth mom, will be so glad to see him again. I am sure he will sleep till noon Wednesday.
    Sure hope your doctor appointment turn out good.
    So happy for you fining your sons...I pray you will be able to be real close too them now.
    Good night my friend and God bless you even more.
    mary

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    I haven slept good last nights either... Well i have SLEPT, and that is the main reason for not sleeping good!!!!!
    YOU KNOW I HAVE SLEPT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
    I have missed chats with ny dearest, i have waked up feeling tired, despite sleeping around the clock!
    Either i am gettin old, or have some serious illness. Lets hope for the first one.
    Otherwise
    Take usual care dear Lois, i miss you!!
    Your own ROB
    ****+*

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad Patsy is better.. I didnt have an appt like I thought.. im dumb lol...

    Hi Rob,
    I miss you too.. but I know how busy you are..I hope we can chat again soon.. Take care and dont over do :-)Travelling is hard on a person..

    So nice to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker