ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

~This is Good~ :-)

Want to read something really good? I probly shouldn't
tell on my self but I will..I have nothing to hide, even if
it shows me to be a tad off :-) I was sitting here looking
at my monitor planning what I would do to be ready in
time for when Curtis came to get me and take me to the
doctor.. Well I looked up and saw the appointment card,
and the DATE said June 11th.. hmmmm.. I sat and thought
for a minute thinking I had gone totally brain dead..and I
decided to call the office.. well its true..my appointment
was NOT for today but for the 11th.. I do NOT remember
the appointment being changed.. So real quick I call the
COA to make sure that I don't have a ride set up and if I
did to cancel it.. Well they didn't have a ride booked for me
either.. I was the one having the brain freeze.. I don't know
WHY I thought I had an appointment to day..

To be REALLY honest I will tell you, I sat here and while I was
looking and deciding this morning on plans I had SERIOUSLY
tried to think of a good excuse to get out of going to the doctor!
Well I feel good.. sure I have that hernia but its not bothering me
at all so why mess with it.. The rash on my hands is better and I
do have the appointment with the skin Dr on June 5th anyway..
So I was sitting here trying to think of a good excuse to get out
of going there today and here I didn't have to do that at all..Once
I saw the appointment card, I will be honest and tell that I really
actually smiled thinking how great I didn't have to go.. :-)

I sound like such a hermit..but Im not really.. I sat in the doorway
last nite watching the world go by as I call it and thought about
all the times after supper that my ex and I used to go for a ride
in the country..stop and fish or just enjoy the nice ride and see
where a road we had never been on took us...We always came
up here to Michigan and rode the back roads as I call them..There
are so many lakes around here its almost like up in the U.P. Lots
of lakes up there..and here its just the same..So all the back roads
go by a lake usually there are so many around here. But I loved to
ride I was always the navigator and if needed I had the map..Some
times we had to look at it as we had NO idea where we were we
had enjoyed the scenery so much we didn't pay attention where we
were going..


We had gone on a fishing excursion to find a new place to fish..
We were going down the back roads way out in the country..We
came around a bend in the road and there was a lake ahead..We
saw 2 men in the boat fishing.. We rode past, came to the end of
the road and had to decide which way to go..left or right.. Well we
decided to go right as that was south and would take us back to
Indiana or so we thought.. We followed the road for quite a while
every so often we got a glimpse of that lake.. We came around
this bend and down this little hill and there were the 2 guys in the
boat we had seen before ! we had gone in a circle.. So we came
to the end of the road and decided to turn Left..we did..followed
the road..and decided the next left should take us south and back
into Indiana.. We came around a bend in the road and down that
little hill AGAIN..and there were the 2 MEN in the BOAT!! We
must have gone by that bloomin lake and those 2 men I KNOW at
least 4 times.. Every time we came to the dead end..we tried both
ways..but the road we needed to get out of that area was such a
small dirt road we kept passing it.. We did have fun..but the irony
of this is.. we were looking for a place to fish..as many times as
we went around that lake..well we never found the road that went
down to it EITHER !!! Joys of back roads.. But it was fun...

I see how nice it is after supper and Sunset is my very best time of
day..Its the time to relax and listen and wait for the world to slow
down ..You can hear the lawn mowers or the kids out playing..I
loved when we got to baby sit my in-laws house on the river..We
would take the pontoon and cruise slowly down the river.. have
some nice music on the radio. the sun had just sunk down and
the whole sky would be lit up and the sun seemed to set in the
water. It was my favorite time to ride that pontoon.. I love sunset.
Sitting in my doorway I thought about that last nite..and how
much I would love to go for a ride in the country at sunset again.
One of these days..you never know...

Well its time for me to have some of that meatloaf Penny made
today..Poor girl had a lot to do having missed Monday, but I
bought her a burger from Wendys today since she left here just
in time to go to her next client.. Her birthday was Sunday and
she doesn't look a day older :-) Meat Loaf..and some TV.. I
might wait awhile and see if my son will get online tonite.. It is
so nice to say that you cannot imagine.. Like I told them...we
cant change the past.. but we can the future..we can make it
better... and It will be.. I have faith..and we can do anything..
Time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE words.."Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks !! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Lois you had one of those days,getting then straight is harder to do I think as we get older.
    This day keep me busy all day, no time to rest at all...but I did get my hair cut wow it make me feel so much better and I went as a walk in and the time was right to get it done with no waiting at all...Wow God was so good to meet that need for me.
    I am taking care of my grandson till June 9 then the boys club will be open then...nice to have him here while mom works. Jonathon love playing with Michael play station.
    Have a great day my friend.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes i think its one of those senior moments or something that gets me lol... Ive been debating on getting my hair cut as its almost down to my waist now..kinda long..
    I hope you had a great day its so nice of you to come here every day Mary, I really appreciate it.. your a dear friend :-)
    Love and Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker