ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

~I Wanna ReDo~

Ive been trying to figure a way to redo my bedroom
so I have a little more room to navigate. I have one
path thru the room with just enough room to turn my
chair so I can pull up alongside my bed. I had the bed
the other way before when I had that really old bed
I got from the shelter. It was not quite as big as a
twin bed, more like a day bed.. I had thought of just
trying to get a recliner, one of those big huge ones.
I saw one that the arm rests open to keep stuff in,
like the clicker or candy or stuff..But the price..well
its not with in my range.. I think a recliner would work.

My sister, for quite awhile slept in her recliner until
she got her hospital bed. She has a really bad shoulder
and if she lays a certain way, well shes not gonna sleep.
She had a nice one and I remember sitting in it and it
was so huge and comfy I just snuggled right down in
that chair and I didn't get up.. But that was because
there were about a dozen others that wanted to sit in
it too! This was at a Christmas eve party at my sisters.
When all the kids and grands and great grands are at
her house..well she got a bigger house didn't she? :-)

I can only sleep comfortably on my back or sitting up. I
cant lay on my left side as I have a abdominal bypass
that goes down my side. The 2nd one they had to do in
2000 after my heart bypass and the 2 leg bypasses.. I
don't know which year was worse, 2000 or 2001.. The
one year was surgeries that I got better. But the ones
the next year..the 3 I had were amputations..they'res
NO recovering from that. Well there is..but your not
the same outwardly.. Inside, yes..

Being a amputee hasnt changed who I am at all..In fact
I would say its..well 'enhanced?' certain features I
have..but nothings changed inwardly , well maybe my
determination and my needing to keep up this fight.
The main thing that's totally obvious is that I'm so
much shorter.. I went to get my state ID..I had to
go to the license branch.. The lady asks me.."How
tall are you?" I looked up at her and smiled as I
rolled back so she could see me and said.."then or now?
I WAS 5 foot 4 inches, so just minus a couple of feet
and Id guess I'm 3 foot 4 now", we both laughed..when
she asked she immediately looked so embarrassed and
I felt for her.. when I said that to her it helped. I
could see she felt kinda bad for asking. But it was ok..


Well this shorty as my boy, Donnie sometimes calls me.. I
have so many nick names.. Shots, BOO, Shorty, Well..I don't
care what they call me as long as its not late for supper :-)
I think I hear my kitchen calling me, good thing too cuz I'm
hungry... I call me a GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite". :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? Love ya, and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again......

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Well I did redo my bedroom and now it is full again with the thing that going on our trip in two weeks. Yes I have been packing, just in case I don't have time to do it later. And I don't like to forget anything either...

    I have slept in a recliner for years, it sure help me breath better. I love my hospital bed too...And if I have a night that I don't slept well I end up in the recliner again.
    At times I just hurt all over.
    That might come with ages I guess.
    I'm having a hard time losing weight, just eating to much still...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    accessibility - I am working in a studio apt tith 2 power chairs - it is a little crowded.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,]
    Im such a pack rat and I need to quit it.. I just hate to throw stuff away. I always think I might need it..which I really dont!

    Im seriously considering getting one. I think I could sleep ok in one. I just wish they were cheaper!!

    Hi Momar,
    2 power chairs..yes I bet it is.. its crowded in here with just MINE!!..

    Hope your well and having a good week end! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker