ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, September 29, 2008

~A Place For Everything~

Well we are all cleaned up from the week end. We were
not real slobs this time.. No, I don't make messes and if
I do I will clean up after myself. Only thing I don't do are
dishes, I cant reach the faucets on my sink in the kitchen.
I really need to do some re arranging but the way it is out
there, theres, not a lot I can do.. The sink comes up to my
chin, and its a double one, and they built the backsplash up
higher than the sink and that's where the faucets are. I
can just barely reach them... Its not easy to steady turn the
water on and off I do put what ever dishes I may use in
there but I rinse them off or soak them so its not so hard
for Penny. To keep my arms up that high which would be
shoulder high makes them ache horribly if I do that for
too long.. I sound like such a whiner.. I do try to keep up
on things cuz I cant stand when things get out of place.

My grandmother had a huge home, 4 bedrooms upstairs and
a bath. Plus a huge attic.. At the end of the hall was a large
cupboard with shelves to store linens and things. As my
Grandmother aged she got a housekeeper and she never
went back up the stairs.. she was just too frail.. But when
Mrs, Fansher would need to put something away or if
Grandmother wanted something from the cupboard or
from anywhere upstairs, Mrs Fansher had to be sure to
tell her where exactly she put it.. No matter how much
time went by, Grandmother knew exactlty where everything
was up there. If anything was moved by anyone and my
Grandmother was not informed she got really upset.


I am pretty much the same way. I can tell you if something
has been moved or where it is.. Penny puts things away for
me, but I do like my Grandmother, I need to know where
exactly she put them.. Top shelf, left hand side, in the back.
I have to laugh at Penny sometimes, when she dusts the
top of my desk here, I have everything just so. The candles
are spaced exactly the same apart, the tops of the jars
have to be the same... She will ask, "Lois, look and make sure
I have put everything back right, cuz if I didn't you know
if you spot it later and cant fix it, it will make you crazy.."
We laugh but Penny knows me.. :-)

Well with a tiny house every single thing has to have a place
or it will look crappy and messy and cluttery. Mine is a tad
cluttery but I hide stuff.. Anyone looked under my couch
they would see how I stash stuff.. Before I got my new
wardrobe it was all under the bed! I knew I had to get it
out from under there so I can get rid of this bed, a
recliner, its not a storage one, so I had to make some
arrangements.

I did call a few places to see about getting some help to
get a new recliner, apparently Deborah with HPM is on
holiday so hopefully when she gets back she may have
some ideas for me whom to contact. I was in touch today
with the nicest guy from Disability Resources, and I
am hoping Tim may be able to do some checking for me
as well... I think a nice chair besides this wheely one
would be such a treat.. I watch TV now sitting on my bed,
well I just fall asleep..that's what beds are for.!. I do
honestly think I would sleep better in a chair than on
this awful bed.. Soon will be October and I plan to really
tighten up and work on getting a new recliner.. The one
I saw was a CatNapper, inch away. Which sure would be
nice. Having the extra room would really be great..

Achey stumps today but guess why? Yup, we got rain headed
at us.. I woke up at 3 am this morning cuz they woke me.
Well I think Dutch had a part in it too.. He was at the foot
of the bed and he just walks right up my stumps to my
stomach to my chest then just drops his body down and
lays there and gives me sandpaper kisses... I love the kisses
I just wish they were NOT at that time of morning.. :-)
My stumps feel bigger today, not really swollen but under
pressure I guess would be the way to describe it.. Says
rain for 2 or 3 days.

This new friend Tim said its possible to put videos on here.
I just may try that, boy I would just scare everyone then!
But I am going to see what and how to do it.. Tim has a
blog with a video that's how I discovered it.. I'm almost
afraid to mess with too much on this as I would be most
upset if I wiped out my blog or something after all this
time :-) But not being good at this and knowing me I could
possibly DO just that.. But I'm gonna see about it tho..

Time to post and go and get some of those green grapes
Penny got for me today.. I havent had grapes in a long
time and they sounded so good.. Be a nice change too,
plus they are good for you.. Kitchen is calling so its
that time to write my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "Nitey
Nite"... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today.
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's barometric pressure. When the pressure goes down your stumps ache. When the pressure goes up you feel good. You should get a barometer - then you could predict when your stumps will ache.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Bob and I share the dishes duty, wonderful to have help.
    I did the shopping for Becky today, I took Michael with me...He love's going with me to any store...He is always wanting something...
    It was a nice meals with my sister Helen, our brother Leonard came too. There was 6 in all there.
    I try to put thing back, but if I am in a hurry that take care of that. I do wish I know exactly where everything is at, I sure come close to it most of the time.
    Since all children are out of the home, thing are better.
    Being hyper messes me up a lot of thing for me at times....then I have to change everything around, not always remember what I have put them for while...
    The weather has got a lot cooler tonight, very nice.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Ya, I know its some kinda pressure lol..Usually tho when my pressure goes up Im Upset!! lol... good to hear from you hope you are doing ok...

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, doing dishes is a good time to talk. and help doing them is a blessing indeed!! lol...

    oh ya, many times I 4get where I put stuff, drives me nuts till i find it..I need to start writing notes lol...

    So nice to hear from you...
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois! I didn't forget about you. I haven't been on for awhile because of some health issues. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I have cervical spinal stenosis. I've had terrible headaches now and then, and they make me extremely sick. I finally went in for an MRI. Luckily I don't have to have another surgery for now, and I'm in physical therapy. Anyway, I've been meaning to come back and say hi again.

    I noticed you stopped by my writing page. Thanks for your comment. :-) I will come back more often. I enjoy your photos, and you're a very sweet person. It's hard to find friends these days, especially when stuck at home.

    You mentioned your stumps aching at times, and Momar said it's the barometric pressure. I feel more arthritic when the pressure goes down. I can pretty much predict the weather with my neck and my sore feet! LOL

    Take care my friend,

    P.S. I changed my name to Crystal Ray on my writing site to avoid the stalkers. LOL

    Kim

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Kim!
    Nice to hear from you. I hope you get to feeling better :-)Im glad your back !

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker