ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, October 27, 2008

~Dark Day~!


It was still pitch dark at 8 am this morning.. That is just
so weird. I know we change our time in the fall but when
exactly I don't know... I have trouble with that every time
they switch. Last time my computer did it automatically and
I didn't know it and I changed the time back an hour, well
the computer did too so I was 2 hours difference.. I had a
bad day that day I didn't know the time much less what day
it was I was so behind in everything... I think we spring
forward and fall back.... so when we do the time thingie it
will only be dark then at 7... Poor kids, go to school when its
still dark out. These poor guys, well women too, like Donnie
he has to be to work at 6 am.. by the time he finishes his
2nd job he goes home in the dark too..

I had a hard time driving at night, I had, have, stigmatism..
night blindness.. I really could drive if I absolutely had to
at night, but it was such a head ache inducing experience
I tried to not drive at dark. I have to say I only got one
warning ever, that was when I lived in Galena Park outside
Houston.. A stop sign was covered with bushes and I didn't
see it.. I did see the car behind me though.. I slowed of
course, that's just smart when you come to an intersection
anyway, stop sign or not.. I just sort of coasted thru that
sign, but I noticed the car behind did the same thing...

When I got thru the intersection I saw that car following me,
then I see a light flashing on the dash and I pull over and see
this man in regular clothes walk up and tap my window.. I said
loudly through the glass that I was NOT rolling down my window
until I saw some ID.. Plain clothes..how did I know he was a cop?
There had been some incidences on the freeway where women
had been pulled over by cars with dash lights and ugly things
had happened to them.. I wasn't taking any chances even in day
light and in town!.. He flashed his badge and I unwound the
window a few inches and asked him what I did and he told me
I ran that stop sign.. I POLITELY told him I was watching HIM
roll thru that stop sign too.. the rules did not apply to him?

He smiled and said "You can make a citizens arrest if you feel
the need, however there are no witnesses". At that instant, my
friend Terri who was laying on the back seat, sat up and said,
"I saw you roll through it".. I looked at the cop and he said, "I
wont give you a ticket if you don't give me one, but just be
aware of stop signs." I told him the person that should get the
ticket should be the city that isnt taking care of the streets
and making the signs visible.. Terri was sick and I was giving her
a ride to the doctors... I was glad she was there ...

Penny came in today with some distressing news. Apparently in
the paper most of Big Daddy Ken's houses are being foreclosed.
Mine may be one of them.. Which could mean homeless again if
I don't find a place. I called Ken, his machine came on of course.
I did get hold of Chris, and he said he didn't know a whole lot,
other than Ken wanted to talk to me about something.. I am most
distressed about this... He offered to sell me this house before,
I hope that is not the only way I can remain here is to buy it.. I
cant buy a chair let alone this house. Plus my grant wouldn't cover
it...

I spent most of the day online and sending emails to everyone I
know.. Apparently this is happening a lot.. From what Disability
Resources tells me, that in Chicago there are so many homeless
now that the Sheriff refuses to evict people... There is just no
where for them to go.. All these houses will be empty after they
forclose on them...The people with money cant buy all these in
all these states that going up for forclosure... Its a very serious
threat... Now it may be affecting me.. If I could find someone to
buy it and rent to me that would work.. but I don't know anyone
with that kind of money.. If I have to get out and have no where
to go again, I could end up back at KeyStone.. now, THAT would
NOT be good. This sure stresses me out..

This weather of rain and wind and dark and cold just about is me
today with all this going on.. It worrys me terribly, I always every
month worried my grant would run out and have been assured
every time Rebecca is here, but if this house is foreclosed... I
will be homeless again... That cannot happen...


I was up today at 3:42 am.. I fell sleep early by 8 I bet I was
snorin... I need to try to stay up later but If I can get comfy
I have NO choice but to sleep while I can.. I had to get up once
last nite as I must have laid wrong and my hip was throbbing..I
did manage to fall back to sleep though or I would have gotten
up at midnight.. I'm tired and very stressed, I'm posting this
early and going to 'take a 5'..so that means time for my daily
GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"....

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks !!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Lois we did not change the time here, I know my computer wanted too...but we didn't....I call my daughter Beth and ask her too, because she works...no time change here...
    I think it has change when they do it, but don't remember when...I am sure we will a little later...
    Will we got all those tomato pick, and a lot of them given away...we got a box fourth full of them....keeping them in the dark so they will turn red.
    And some that are turning red all over the cabinet.
    We had lots of green pepper too.
    Going to try frying some of those green tomato again...maybe I will learn to like them... and I will fry some onion ring to go with it...love fried onion ring,got to get me some more peanut oil first, right now all I got is Olive oil...
    Love hearing form you Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    We do here but not sure when.. I love tomatoes.. I used to can them..great mid winter :-)

    Keep well Mary, Im so glad your back
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois****

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What a Hell of a worry for you. It's happening all over. I was thinking, all this is going on and no REAL, copro-nickel or paper money ever changes hands. The whole damn thing is in people's minds and their computers.
    They are all running around like headless chicken shouting "Don't panic, don't panic" and panicking like crazy, and the ones that get hurt are dear people like my Favorite Weeble.
    Wish there were something I could do, Honey. I feel so helpless sitting this side of the Pond - but it must be the same here for lots of good folk.
    I'll have a word with The Lord to-night. Our Vicar says that is the best thing to do. I know Our Lord said not to worry, but it's very hard not to sometimes.
    Take care, Honey. I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as you fear.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Its never ending.. just to keep me on my toes I think..be glad when my head realizes their gone!~ lol..

    thanks hon..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker