ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

~Happy New Year~ :-)

Today the man from the appliance place that fixed the
furnace was here to check out the oven on the stove. I
had a meat loaf in there for lunch, but he was in the
wrong truck that had the tools he needs.. So he asked if
he could come by next week to check out the stove. In
the meantime hes going to keep his eye open for a stove
with the knobs in the front.. that would be great... a lot
safer.. so next week will be a bit hectic I think... but that's
ok as long as its productive hecticness- is that a word? :-)

I had a visit yesterday that I wasn't expecting. This house
has doorbells, front and back, and when someone I am not
expecting hits that doorbell well it scares the padoobie otta
me :-) Carl, as the maintence man that works for Joe, the
landlord- made a surprise visit, I did express to him to PLEASE
call first to let me know hes coming over..which he promised
to do from now on.. Anyway, he checked out the bathroom door
and next week he will be over here to re do it.. I was so glad!
Hes very nice and I told him that I really appreciate that they
are doing this for me.. He seems genuinely sincere about really
wanting to fix it for me, that's what he said.. He lives in that
big house across the yard, where that lady came from that
screamed at Donnie when I was moving in about putting stuff
in the garage, apparently no one told her I was allowed to do
that. Carl is very nice, handsome too :-)

He would start on it earlier he said, but hes cutting wood for
his wood stove and has 53 trees to drop, cut up and haul away.
He and his son in law I think he said will be doing it. Free wood
is never refused by anyone that has a wood stove. Ask Donnie,
hes steady getting wood for his new stove. But anyway Carl
needs to get these trees down and hauled off and needs the
next few days to do it, so next week, he said he would do the
bathroom as there is no other jobs he needs to tend to.. He
doesn't think it will be a hard job at all.. I don't think so either
and according to the door expert, Raife, its a fairly simple job.
He made every door in his house, all oak too.. Raife is one of
those talented and 'handy as a button' men.. that can fix any
thing.. and NOT with Duct Tape either :-)

I have no plans for this new year but to probly sleep right
through it, like I do every year.. I don't make resolutions-
well yes, I guess maybe I do, but its only one, and that's to
do the very best I can, and make it through one more year.
I said this last year, look back and see :-) where did this
year go? It was a very surprising but wonderful one.. I had
some bad ups and downs but well any of the bad this past
year has been over ridden by the fact I am in touch with
my sons and grands.. THATs wonderful and MORE than I
had ever hoped for.. so it has been a great year.. and look
how I am closing this year out.. I'm in a most wonderful
beautiful, high gas bill place, but its a perfect place for
me and I feel really good, now isnt that the way to start
a great new year? I have no doubts it will be too.. I have
already decided I wont settle for anything less than great.
I have spoken :-)..


This GRATEFUL, GORGEOUS WEEBLE wishes you the very
best new year and thank you all for being my friends ...

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! :-D
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    My New Year's Resolution is not to make any New Year's Resolutions!!!
    Well, maybe to have a word with the Good Lord, every day, to look after my favourite Weeble!
    It must be a great relief to have someone come round who sounds like he means what he says about fixing that door. That will be great.
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gee! I nearly forgot!! A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to everyone, and many more of them, especially our Fav. Weeble!!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois
    Have a Happy & Prosperous 2009 & think prosperous thoughts & it will take you beyond where you believe you can go at present. Have an awesome year. Keep the motorhome in mind who knows what happen
    Cheers Rob J

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Happy New Year Lois, what a wonderful day to be alive. Hoping for all good thing this coming new year...and I will turn 65 in Aug and that will make my life a little bit easier for me...
    I did paper work all day long, but we got to go out for supper at Taco Mayo tonight...wanted to go to Wal Mart but they close up early , so glad they did for there workers...I can go later.
    Going to play with the computer tonight,unless something good come on the TV...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya,
    Happy New Year to Y'all too.. I know we all will have a good one. Mine is starting off pretty good which I am most grateful.. great house, great family, great friends, hey, cant get too much better can it :-)

    Wish y'all the very best..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

    ps.. I will NEVER give up on the motorhome..what a way to go.. Wheels on Wheels :-) im ready...lol...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker