ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

~A Not Great Surprise~

I had a shock yesterday that just about gave me heart
failure.. I got my first full month gas bill.. 172.48.. THIS
is NOT in my budget! I was NOT expecting this.. But I
believe its because every single window was left open. I
was heating outside! I told Joe about it and that my
brother in law closed them all.. I mentioned it to the
maintence guy about the windows being left open and he
said it was to get rid of the dog odor that was so bad
in here.. So for over 2 weeks this furnace is running its
butt off.. This is SO not good.. 170.oo? My Word.. that
is NOT good.. I am NOT pleased with this..

Rebecca came today about 10, shes so very nice. I gave
her the bill to see. She was really surprised herself at
how much it is.. I told her I phoned Joe about it but have
not gotten a call back. I have NO idea how to pay this..
so I am hoping Joe may offer to help since it was his
fault with the windows being left open. I had no way to
see they were they were open way up at the top... If I
ask for help from DHS, I will have to wait till the gas
bill goes into shut off.. well what about after that? They
will only help one time.. then its up to me to pay it.. I do
think it will go down next month and so does Rebecca..
but that doesn't help me now.... I will wait and see what
Joe says.. But this actually made me sick.. I just cant
afford that much a month to pay out.. I would have to
give up something.. like cable TV or Internet and just
go to dial up.. which I hate, but.. well I don't want to
have to move again.. But this makes me worry what my
electric bill will be too, the furnace has a fan.. so that
ran every time too... I hate when I have to worry about
bills.. but its a never ending thing.. for EveryBody! Not
just me.. :-(

I got 2 great phone calls yesterday that did help me to
feel better about this gas bill.. One from my Dolly, Kelli,
she was at work at the hotel.. shes laid off for 3 weeks
from her other job so she is glad she has this one to fall
back on... she will work full time till she goes back to the
other. She had a great Christmas and so did the baby,
hes doing just fine.. growing like a weed.. Her sister,
Amber was babysitting.. I'm very proud of Amber, she
is really trying, going to nursing school.

The other call I got was from my Sis. She was telling me
all about her "crew" .. she has a big family..and on Christmas
Eve she has everyone there for food and gifts.. They had
fun she said.. someone put the dish drainer on the stove and
one of the grands accidentally turned the burner on and it
caught fire.. :-) luckily no real damage just a messy stove she
had to clean up.. but they had a good time.. Shirley puts out
a great feast that nite after they all come home from church.
I have been to them.. as soon as you get there, grab a chair
and under NO circumstances do you get up.. or you will lose it.
Ive lost count on the number of grands and greats that she
has now.. a housefull ! :-) but makes for a nice Christmas...

Lunch today from COA, well .. lets not go there, I made my
self a nice meat loaf and a baked potato... I love meat loaf.
One of my favs.. When I was with David, his mom always
made each of us a special dinner for our birthdays she
was surprised when I would request meatloaf, and baked
corn.. and poppy seed cake .. :-) good stuff ... Time to eat,
and finish up some stuff before I log off this puter for
today.. which means time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"G'Day, G'Day" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Sure hope your gas bill goes down next month...
    A good day here, sure love all the nice weather we are having right now...going to turn a little cooler Wednesday.
    No church service Wednesday night, so I'm going to stay in...And I like being home for New Years and no one coming over...might be more time for the computer. Bob will go to bed early I think...he need more sleep then I do.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    About your gas bill: Always communicate with the gas company. They will not cut off your heating and cooking if you communicate with them. They many make an adjustment, and even try to find an outside source to assist you.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honey!
    Today i am up from bed to do a little food, and meet the dog who has been with his daywatch while we were in bed... I feel like crap, and now it is a new year... What a way to start a new year. You in your way and i in mine, life is crap at times but!!!!! There are lights, like you for example!
    Read yesterdays blog and i am sad for you, but on other hand... YOU ARE apreciated by more than we close friends.... I have you in my heart and in my files, and THAT does these crappers dont have... SO i cherish the moments i open the files to see the most wonderful friend in the world....
    Kisses from your own
    ROB
    (And now back to bed, to meet the new year with fever, hallelujah!)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I sure hope so too, this is NOT good, I turned my thermostat down to 65. Maybe that will help too.. be cool but well have to do what I have to do, I just put on a sweater :-)

    Hi Momar,
    Yes, i can pay part of it, but well then that means even more next month..There are places that will help, but only one time and you have to be on shut off...

    hi Rob,
    Please get better soon, get lots of rest...and chicken soup:-) Take care of your self..

    Happy New Year ~~!!!! Thanks for being here :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker