ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

~Bigger Doorway~ :-)

Joe has agreed to widen the bathroom doorway. It
will make such a big difference for me. 2 less transfers
that's a lot... He sent the maintence man over to check
the drips and the oven and he said it wouldn't be hard
to do at all and he was sure he could do it.. I am guessing
its just a matter of when now.. I don't think hes really
busy, Joe, by looking at this place keeps up his places.
He phoned the maintence guy right away when I called
and told him about the drips. Wouldn't it be great if
the doorway got done this week? Boy, would THAT be
great...

I finally got to the bottom of the cushion crap.. I mean,
talk about crossed wires when all it would have taken
was the Referrer person to be more specific and to
even look at my records to see who they send my
paperwork to, I only use R & R... because she didn't she
delayed this by at least 2 weeks and made quite a few
other people make a lot of calls to fix it.. Me, Deborah
at HPM and R & R... and the Drs office as well... Was
NOT necessary all this extra work, if the Referrer
when she phoned R&R the first time just said "do
you handle HPM for this patient and given my name".
But all she said was do you accept HPM, and that's
why they say no because they only do for certain
clients I think.. Was a lot of extra for a very bad
reason, not doing a thorough job... Well hopefully
tomorrow or SOON I will get my new cushion..

The sciatica is a little better today I do notice if I
lay very flat it really helps..I do rub it too when the
pain is inside that seems to help me really KNOW and
tell my head "HEY YOU GOT NO TOES! THEY CANT
HURT!" Why my head refuses to accept that I sure
wish it did.. Some of the feelings I get are awful.. If
I concentrate on where my feet are usually they are
twisted at an odd angle or bent the wrong way, very
odd and the distance from my knee to my foot is
shorter.. to me it feels that my foot is about the level
of the top of my front tire. At times I feel my foot
on that.. Weird.. I wonder if it is something I will ever
get used to.. or that it will go away...

I made a meat pie today and its just about ready to
come out of the oven.. Smells so good.. and I am VERY
hungry. I didn't eat much yesterday but when this acts
up I just don't have much of an appetite... Time to post
this and try my pie .. This Hungry GORGEOUS WEEBLE
says "G'Day, G'Day"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

5 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    WOW so happy to hear your going to get that bigger doorway, sure hope it this week for you.
    Sound like thing are getting better for you now Lois...and that great news.
    My sugar ran a little high after Christmas, trying to get it back down.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous.
    Well, lots of good news in this post. Well, I have to tell you, when you said "I finally got to the bottom of the cushion crap.. " my dirty mind went to work - you figure it out - lololol. Glad you will finally be getting a new one. I know how important that is - we have gone through all kinds of cushion problems with my brother-in-law.
    And as for the drips and doorway - GREAT!
    Sorry you are still having sciatica. I can sympathize - I went through lots of sciatic pain before my back surgery in '92. I'll be thinkin of ya!

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm SO pleased for you, about the door. That will make life SO much easier for you. I appreciate that doors and steps are a B----r for people in wheelchairs. I learned a lot with my Russian friend!!
    Get those draughts fixed and your cushion and you will be as happy as a pig in ---sh --s --spite of yourself!!! ;o)
    Tut, Tut, Bob, I'm surprised at you!!!??
    If anybody deserves things to start coming right for them, it is you, my dear Lois. I'm so glad.
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife
    XOX XOX

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Me again. A thought! (A stranger in a lonely place?) The sciatic pain is what is called referred pain, that is, it isn't where you think it is, but somewhere else. So your brain says it's in your toes, even when they are not there.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes I am most happy and cant wait till its done.. I hope soon... Things go good for a while and then bad, but I think its just to make me appreciate when the do good LOL...

    Hiya Butty,
    Yes, I like when I have good news.. todays post is NOT good.. Someone has posted photos of me again.. sadly.. I dont understand why they feel they have the right to do this.. same photos.. so must be the same person...

    Hiya Raife...
    I will be glad when all is fixed and I can really enjoy it here. I hung up a most gorgeous dragon fly today that is JUST LOVELY :-)...

    Good to hear from ya! thanks !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker