ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

~Sciatica Again!~ :-(

I hate when this sciatica or what ever it is acts up..And
during the night last nite, I mean I sat straight up,
grabbed the end and talk about pain.. wow.. I mean I
felt it from my pelvis bone down to my invisible toes.
When it hits my toes its like a sparky stabby pain..that
goes in bursts of stabbing pickky painlets.. its so hard
to describe.. I did notice today though that If I hold
on to the end rather tightly it seems to help a bit, not
alot..but some.. This is my right stump now. The left
doesn't do this.. Ever since my right leg was taken, it
healed fine, but its bothered me.. Its never felt right.
Didn't feel left either :-) felt kinda Wrong ! :-)

Its always had the sleepy tingly feel all the time which
made me think that being there is so much scar tissue
in my groin from all the tests that could be putting some
pressure on a nerve or something. I'm guessing at this,
but I'm basing it on logic...The last heart cath I had,
they couldn't use the groin, they had to go in thru my
arm.. and it was because of the scar tissue there in the
groin area .. so that could be the problem too... I wish it
would stop though.. its not a comfortable feeling.. I have
to keep shifting my weight to keep my weight off of it or
the throbbing wont stop at all then.. And that gets old real
fast..


This wont be a long post and as you see its early but that's
why I want to get out of this chair and see if that helps to
ease this... I don't keep pain pills here, only my baby aspirin
that I take every day and that wouldn't even phase it.. The
prescription I came home with from hospital has disappeared
somehow, was never found.. at least not by me... So I don't
have any kind of pain reliever.. I am going to try the heating
pad a friend suggested might work.. would warm them up too..

I'm gonna post this and get some lunch then its out of this
chair for the rest of the day.. I bet this rain has a lot to do
with it too.. Its been pouring rain all day, first snow warnings
now flood watches from all the melted snow~!! being 2 big
lakes here and a river between I wonder if it ever has
flooded here.. I'm even closer to the river at this place :-)
This PAINED GORGEOUS WEEBLE says "g'day, g'day"...

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois

    The weather here turn cold this afternoon, rain in the morning then winter cold this afternoon.
    I pray your pain is over with now, it's hard to have any pain no matter were it at.
    I didn't have to work this weekend, make it nice for me...
    Becky needing prayer again, her staff not doing right by Becky... why is there always problems I wonder...
    I hope you never flood where you are at...might ask around to see what happen in the past.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    I hope you had a good christmas, and i hope you loose this sciatica thing soon... Aint we allways have something to feel bad about? I have a very bad cold now, with fever sneesing coffz and very weak in whole body...Just laying in my bed, but that aint too bad cause i get to rest, and i think i need that as much as you do my dear!
    Take care until
    Kisses from your ownest
    ROB

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Was bad travelling everywhere, specially chicago . All our snow is gone today and was 60 out yesterday, now its 30. lol..

    Hi Rob,
    Please take care of yourself.. Stay IN and warm THATS the key with plenty of hot chicken soup and your laptop of course :-) lol... get better...

    So nice to hear from you
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker