ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

~Finding Solutions~

Ive been working in my kitchen today to make a place
where I can sew. I hate when I have to put stuff away,
then drag it back out.. so I want to fix a corner of my
kitchen for sewing. I have come up with some good ideas,
but I cant TRY things here, then move them somewhere
else.. So like with every thing I have to have a plan of
attack.. My main problem, like I was discussing with a
friend about this.. my main problem is that I cant get
close enough to the table so that I don't have to lean
forward and put extra pressure on my stumps... That
is what makes them ache and makes sewing uncomfy...I
will find a solution.

With the arms on my chair, I cant get close enough. So
I thought if I take my manual chair out there, and take
the arms off of it I could transfer, yes, which I don't
really like but, I could get closer to the table with it.. I
could still maneuver anywhere in here since its my other
chair, say if I had to go and get something in the bed
room or somewhere I wouldn't have to get back into my
power chair to do that.. So this might work, but then again,
maybe NOT.. :-)

While I was filling my bobbins I was moving the foot pedal
different places to see what might work for me.. I took it
and I put it on the arm of my chair, and pushed it with
my elbow.. It worked great.. and it still gave me the use of
my hand.. I thought about a on off switch like that lady
said but I don't think I would like that at all.. But I think
putting it on my arm rest will work.. I have some Velcro
and I will make a strap to hold it on there, you know
clumsy me I will steady knock it off if I don't :-) But
I have tried it when I was winding the bobbins, and it
really works good.. So.. that's one thing about using my
manual if I take the arms off I wont have a place for
the foot pedal.. See? Aint nuthing just easy for me..
Joys of chair life :-)

I phoned my boy, he sounds so down in the dumps, I
feel really bad for him hes going thru some seriously
hard times and I sure wish I could help him.. I asked
if he had anything planned for today and he said no,
so I invited him over and he will be here a little later
on. I am going to make a meat pie to surprise him and
hopefullly that will make him feel better.. He knows I
love him dearly and will do what ever I can to help..
But hes the one that will have to do it.. I cant fix his
problems.. only help... It will all work out I have faith
in him... hes a good man..

Well I am off to play with my machine some more, I
dug out all the quilting stuff I have salvaged and I
have 3 quilts all set and just need sewn together.. I
might start on one.. So until tomorrow this GRATEFUL
for her sewing machine GORGEOUS WEEBLE, says
"G'day, G'day"...

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Finding Solution is alway the key Lois.
    It will be so nice when you can have your sewing thing together in the same room, make it easy to fine.
    Changing thing up stair in Michael old bedroom...Bob taking it over for his extra junk or thing.
    Pam old bedroom upstairs is the junk room for everything that don't have a place but want to keep a little bit longer. In time most of it will be gone.
    God bless you Lois.
    Happy sewing Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Would it work if you had a table that the arms of your manual chair would fit under? Or perhaps you could Velcro the control to the table top? Perhaps Donald could put raisers on the sewing table?
    Anyhoway, I'm sure you will find a way round it.
    I'm a lucky boy! Ines is going to knit a new Arun sweater for me. We have been discussing patterns this morning. She is SO good at knitting nice things. She'll use an oiled Arun wool, so it will help the arthritis in her fingers.
    She's made me three Aruns so far. One got in the hot wash by accident and is no more, another she made out of a synthetic Arun wool and has lost it's shape, but the original in real Arun WOOL is still going strong.
    Take care, Honey, keep right on sewing!!!
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    When I get everything all together it will be alot easier and I will be very glad... then I Can sew!! :-)

    Hiya Raife,
    Ive been testing this table all day and it seems to be really ok.. Its a good height.. I used to use my other table to sew on .. I think this will work..

    Ines is so talented, plus being a gourmet cook.. AND a Green Thumb! You're very fortunate !~ :-)

    So good to hear from you !
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker