ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, January 23, 2009

~ A Great Gift~


I got a great birthday gift with the help of a dear friend.
A new sewing machine. Isnt it great? I love it.. and
of course I have already sewn with it.. I am so pleased
to have it and have started to figure out a way to move
my kitchen around so I can make a nice sewing area.
As big as my kitchen is I would have lots of room.. I
have my chairs out there that match my table, and they
are just not any good and I think to repair them would
be too costly. So I think I will just get rid of them. They
are NOT safe to sit on at all..the glue has gone and they
are falling apart.. They have been bad for a long time..
and being in the basement for the past 2 years didn't
help them and made them worse..

When I was with David I had my table and chairs in the
kitchen and I knew which ones were not trustworthy
to sit on, some how David moved them around- when his
brother came over he gave the wrong one to Mark
to sit on.. It was ok for a while.. then all of a sudden we
hear this LOUD CRAAACCKKKKK.. and saw Mark hit
the floor, the chair had totally fallen apart.. We all
laughed, Mark didn't hurt himself and I told Mark
his brother gave him that chair deliberately so we
could watch him hit the floor :-) We all needed a
good laugh :-) he wasn't really pleased with that..
But it was funny :-)

I did that once my self.. not with these dining room
chairs though.. I was in my house in Elkhart and I
had these bucket chairs on coasters that rolled
around.. I had a huge fish tank in the kitchen, that
was by my chair.. I loved to sit there and watch the
fish.. I had all kinds, my favorites were the black
molleys, they had babies as often as guppies.. Which
was fun to watch.. well not when the big fish ate them
tho. :-(....


I was sitting there leaning to one side to see the far
side of the tank because one of the fish had babies
and I wanted to see where they were hiding and maybe
I could save some of them before they got eaten.. Well,
I'm leaning WAYYYYY over the arm of the chair.. I didn't
take the time to MOVE the chair closer.. Willie now, is
sitting in the living room watching TV.. The next thing I
know is I'm hitting the floor looking up at Willie.. He has
this look of total AWE on his face as he laughs at me
and says "WHAT the HELL are you DOING?" I laughed
and told him "Looking for fish". :-) I didn't break any
thing but I sure felt stupid.. :-) We both laughed... The
look on Willies face was priceless but he said the same
thing about the confused look on MINE!! :-)

Penny came today and we washed up some of the material
that was in the basement and some the smell didn't come
out.. but some, the smell is gone.. I'm pleased.. I already
have some quilt tops ready to put together from before
and I may work on them .. I am so pleased to be able to
sew again.. Time to post and eat lunch.. and SEW ! :-)
This GRATEFUL GORGEOUS WEEBLE says "g'day, g'day".

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What a super machine. I'm so happy for you. I am expecting to see all sorts of goodies that you have made, now!!
    What a shame about the chairs. There is a special glue called "Chair Doctor", I think, that would fix them. Trouble is, it needs me driving it!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    So happy for you Lois, a new sewing machine...birthday bring more then age...
    The weather here is getting old and windy...glad it the end week coming up.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elmers makes a Carpenter's Glue for chairs. It is in most hardware stores. Still, to reglue a chair is a big job. The sewing machine looks nice - I hope you will do some great sewing with it.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous,

    Your new machine looks awesome! I'm sure you will put it to great use.

    Thanks for the chair stories - always good to have a chuckle.

    Take care now!!!

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, Mary, Momar, Butty..
    Arent I just the luckiest person? to get a brand new machine? Its wonderful.. I shall SEW SEW SEW ..:-)

    So nice to hear from you :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    ALWAYS! Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker