ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, January 22, 2009

~Icicles~

I was looking out the side windows in the kitchen,
where I can see the other side of this duplex. Its a
L shaped one and I have the flat bottom part of the L.
The other part is 2 bedrooms.. I took a photo to show
the icicles that are hanging over there and probly what
the ones on my side looked like from outside. I should
have had Penny take a photo from outside. But you see
they go from the roof edge all the way to the ground..

I see some icicles hanging from some other houses but
not to the ground like here.. I do plan to mention it to
Joe.. Ive still not heard from Joe or Carl as to when
they plan to do the bathroom door.. Soon I hope, but I
guess this weather doesn't help.. I sure don't want them
cutting wood in here.. I would go nutz with the mess
THAT would make.. and if its not a day when Penny comes,
well that would NOT be good at all.. You Know me I would
Still try to clean it up.. And for me to get out that beast
of a vacuum cleaner, well it beats ME up! Wears me out..
But I sure will be glad when its done.. then its one, well
ok 9 less transfers a day for me.. No, I don't potty that
much but.. if I drink too much coffee.. well.. then it could
be that many times :-)
While I was in the kitchen of course I had to raise the
blind for the boy, If I don't he will crawl right thru it
and the slats on a mini blind being plastic, well, he breaks
them.. So I opened it and while I was looking at the icicles
I heard Dutch start to squeek and meow. I looked out the
window too and saw a whole bunch of HUGE black birds
out in the drive way.. He scared them so I only got a photo
of one of them.. I think they are Ravens.. just huge birds..

My ex father in law, David's dad, Norm.. always wanted a
pet blackbird, because they say you can teach them to talk.
They are very smart birds.. He never did get one but he had
a few wild ones that would come right up to him.. He had a
nice deck on the back of his house and he would put food
there for them and sit and wait for them to come and eat.
Gradually as the days went by, he moved closer and closer
to the bird food.. Soon he was hand feeding these huge
birds.. Crows I guess they really are.. Raven just sounds more
better than crow... He had a good time with those birds..

I forgot to phone R & R this morning, I didn't remember till
I started to write this.. So, needless to say, I am posting
this and going to phone R & R.. I still would rather my son
come and fix this chair ..but hes a tad far away :-) So hope
fully the supply place can.. I HOPE I don't have to get a
doctors permit for this too.. :-) Time to post and eat lunch.
I froze some spaghetti sauce and I have some linguini pasta
and that's my dinner today.. This GORGEOUS WEEBLE
wishes you a "g'day , g'day"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God BLess You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Love the pictures Lois...
    I remember icicles when I was young,they almost reach the ground...so beautifully, wow a wonderful time in my life. And the windows ice up on the West side of the house too. I love breaking them off hoping to keep them in one piece.
    I love my childhood and all the kids in the neighhood to play with... Loved the deep snow them, love to shovel the sidewalk. It was full of fun them. Now it just hard for me to do much of it.
    Ages don't help when it come to shoveling snow.
    We might be getting winterly weather starting Sunday night, for 3 days.
    I wish they could start on your bathroom real soon, but it might make you a little problem for a while. But in the end it will be worth it... Messes can be clean up, smile Lois. Even if you had to leave it for a while.
    I'm feeling a whole lot better, still have some problem.
    I got a computer fix for Mike, my sister gave him her old one. I clean it out, she had way to much in it...it run better now.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My cat likes to birdwatch - the first words she spoke in English were medium rare - indicating the way she wanted the birds cooked.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Both sides here have tons of them.. I was not good shoveling.. still aint lol.. joys of winter..

    Hiya Momar,
    My boys love to watch the birds.. I do too !!!

    Good to hear from you.
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker