ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

~Was a Great Day~

What a great birthday yesterday. It was one of the
best Ive had. I got so many cards in the mail the mail
was all in a bundle with a rubber band around them. I
was most pleased... Thank you so much.. Even though I
didn't get the cards till today still made yesterday a
good day.. I was sitting watching TV seeing what the
first lady wore for her evening gown.. I wasn't very
impressed.. She could have done better I think.. But
anyway, while I was watching this, my phone rang and
it was my SON!, Richard. NOW, how great is that to
hear from BOTH of my boys on my birthday.. THAT
made it so very special..

He and I had a wonderful talk and they are all fine.
Said he was enjoying his Christmas present of a 42
inch TV.. THAT has to be like being at the movies.. I
bet I could read the info on that :-) I cant on my 19.
When I want to see what it is I'm watching if I click
on the info button it shows on the screen but its so
small, unless I am right up next to it.. I cant read it.
It was so good to talk to him.. Hes very nice and I
told him about the trouble I'm having with my joy
stick or what ever you call it.. that swings away to
the side...

Mine is on the right side, and I have run into things
so hard its bent up.. and maybe that's what makes
it so loose. But if I go to push the little stick up
thing to the right, just the slightest pressure will
make that swing away joystick arm go off to the
side..and then.. BOOM!~ I run into the door facing
or wall or what ever.. He said it can be fixed.. I
wish he would come here and fix it for me.. :-) I
will call R & R and see what I have to do to get it
checked out.. but for safety reasons AND to save
the wear and tear on these doorways It needs
to be looked at.. :-)

I have decided to re arrange things in my bedroom
AND in here AND in the kitchen.. My kitchen is so
huge, I am going to make this wall here by the hall
door that corner I am going to make into a sewing
area.. I think it would work out fine.. I want to move
this computer desk down by the windows in the corner
and I want to move the dresser in the bedroom over
by the wardrobe and put the TV on it.. THEN move
the bed up into the corner and it would put it by 2
walls in there, something like I had it at the apartment.
A wall on 2 sides is easier for me.. I am not sure if
Penny and I can move this desk, but I know I can, just
my self, move the stuff in the bedroom, IF I take the
drawers out of the dresser and I could move the bakers
rack in the kitchen IF I take the stuff off of it.. This
power chair is very powerful.. and if I push just right
with it I can move most anything and its not ME doing
it I'm just driving my chair, and using its power.. But I
think it would be a lot better in here... I knew it would
take awhile to get things where I want them . :-)

Where I want to be right now is out in the kitchen having
my late lunch.. I got the rest of the quarters for my
collection and I want to put them into the book too.. So,
I need to post this and go EAT... You know what comes
now... Oh, first, Mary... my dear special friend.. you are
SO sweet.. Thank you for the lovely and FUNNY cards!
One she sent said "Know what your getting for your
birthday?".. Inside it said... "OLDER"! :-D I laughed..
Thanks Mary... :-) NOW my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"G'day, G'day".... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    So wonderful you had a great birthday Lois...
    Always extra special to hear from your children.
    I didn't like the first lady dress either, my sister in law said it make her stand out to much if there were any prolbem...sure glad it all went so well.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, it is special.. I sure have missed alot..She could have done alot better, she represents us..I wouldnt have worn that LOL..

    Hope you are feeling better by now Mary, take care ..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker