ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, January 16, 2009

~ A Little Bit Cool~

I thought yesterday was cold, haha.. I looked at the temp
at 6am and it said 23 BELOW zero.. Little bit cool.. The
boys slept up on the bed with me all night. I KNOW this
floor has to be cold.. Their food dishes sit on the floor in
the kitchen and theyre really cold.. I sit here and listen
to the furnace steady click on and I cringe, knowing that
gas meter is going round and round getting higher and
higher.. What are people to do? I cant afford the bill
I got so I KNOW there are many others out there in the
same spot.. We can let the bill go and wait till we get a
cut off then apply for help, which, with the bill this high
it would only take 2.. So after those 2 months what about
the rest? Winter and cold isnt over for at least 4 months.
So those other 4 you HAVE to pay them...or they WILL
shut your gas off...They will force you to pay it or move,
you cant be with out heat..well unless you have electric. I
had thought of getting an electric heater, but my electric
is already over 50 so if I take half of my gas bill off cuz
of using electric..well it would just make my electric go
higher, so I still wouldn't be ahead.. This sucks ! We are
stuck between a rock and a hard place...

At the little house I would hear the fire truck sirens and
just hope no one was hurt. I had heard on the news just
yesterday that a house had burnt down and they found
the family all huddled together for warmth.. They had
a small heater that over loaded or something... and they
all died.. 3 children and the parents. How sad.. The
homeless they show on TV right here, where you don't
think this is happening in YOUR town.. but it is.. I saw
all the warnings of this bitter cold and how all the shelters
are bracing for hundreds of people to come there.. Its
so sad... what is this world coming to. Whats so bad is that
it can happen to anyone at the blink of an eye... It almost
happened to me TWICE..

I had to call Penny today,she cant make long distance calls,
and when I hadnt heard from her by 930 I called.. She is
still sick in bed.. I don't think she will be here till Monday,
which is going to make it hard on me. I can do dishes etc,
and its not THAT dirty in here, but I don't have any way
to get rid of the trash or get my mail...I will ask Chris the
lunch girl if she will get my mail for me- Its not the end of
the world and I am not out of anything so I can make it to
Monday.. but its just...well.. this gets so old I get tired of
being reminded that I HAVE to have help- I hate that part
of all this...

It seems I get daily reminders of my limitations.. I dropped
a knife in the kitchen and even with my grabber I couldn't
reach it.. It was my paring knife that is the ONLY sharp one
I have, but I stretched as far as I could , ALMOST falling
out of my chair, but I just couldn't reach it.. I HAD to wait
for Penny to get it.. Well guess I could have moved the table
myself..but then I'm putting myself at risk just to get a knife.
I got smart on that... I'm careful... but every day I get a
reminder.. never fails..

I just happened to think COA is closed today, so I cant get
my mail OR trash out till Monday.. a whole week.. That's not
very good.. I can do it.. but.. well Id druther NOT ... Since
I am fending for myself I had better close this post and
go and raid my fridge to see what I can fix for myself.. I
made chicken breast filets yesterday with onion and tomato
and rice.. VERY good.. I have some left and I think that's
what I will have for today... Time to post and write my
GORGEOUS FROZEN WEEBLE "G'day, G'day "..

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW LOIS that is way to cold for anyone...
    I check all my window in my bedroom again, making sure they not letting in that cold air...one needed some help...
    Going through my thing in my bedroom again, needed more thing gotten raid of... I'm feeling crowded again, so time to thin it out...I keep way to much just in case I need it...
    My friend Patsy home is never crowded, hoping to be more like that.
    Keep warm Lois, that sleeping bag sound like a good idea...if my power goes off or if it get that cold here, I will get my sleeping bags out...

    God blees you Lois...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Gee, Honey,
    I wish I were there to help you. It's not being in a chair that is so hard, it's not having someone near to help. I wish this flippin' pond wasn't between us!! ;o(
    Take care, Honey,
    Love You,
    Raife

    xox xox

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Ya its cool.. just the joys of winter :-) Yes I try to be organized and I still have a tendency to clutter cuz I keep everything :-)

    Hiya Raife,
    I do too.. maybe SOMETHINGs would get DONE.. I know people get sick but it sure makes it hard for the people that depend on them... I will have to find a back up...

    So nice to hear from you ! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker