ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

~Good Day~

Was a good day today. Penny came since she missed yesterday.
She will be back tomorrow. Shes going to help me cut out some
slippersocks and oven mitts. I have a few friends that have said
they would like to have them, so I am going to send to them.. I
made the bigger pair today since Penny was here so she could
try them on just to see size.. They were at least an inch longer
and of course not as tight.. She liked the smaller size, and she
wears a size 7 shoe.. I am going to make an even smaller size
for little kids.. I had one but, well I cant find it, I'm just glad
I have these two sizes.. It will be easy to make smaller...

I wish you could smell it in here. Smells like chili.. We, yes, I
helped this time, so WE, Penny and I made Chili... its in the
crock pot on low, so tomorrow it will be ready when Penny is
here and that is what we will have for lunch.. It smells great..
I havent had chili in a while and its time... I tried some that
is made by Bush's beans, comes in a small jar, I thought it
might be good.. and was a good size for me.. well.. its NOT
the greatest, I didn't like it at all... Left an undertaste in
my mouth I didn't like... home made is better :-)

I almost tipped my transfer chair over. I know, "be careful".
I back out of the bathroom and there is a bit of a lift right
in the doorway, where the carpet is joined... when I reached
up to grab the door facing and pull my self through it.. my
chair tipped back and if I hadnt been holding on to the door
facing I would have tipped over backwards.. That transfer
chair is so lightweight that just the slightest wrong move
can cause problems.. This isnt the first time and I thought
I had learned the last time that happened.. Its a scarey
feeling thinking I might go over backwards, THEN what
would I do? That would be great.. Trying to get back into
a chair or to get to the phone when I'm stuck in the hall
way.. not good :-)

I noted too that I am not paying close attention to my
little "gas gauge" as I call it.. I got up this morning and
had to get into my manual so I could charge this power
chair or I could have stalled out right in the middle of
the room.. If I lost total power in this, I would HAVE
to get out of it to get over to my manual , THEN figure
a way to get IN that one.. I think it would be easier
getting out.. I got out before kinda easy, unplanned, but,
I FELL out I wasn't getting out deliberately :-) I had been
charging this at night when I go to bed, and the last couple
days I have forgotten.. too much on my mind I guess :-)
But I'm all charged now, well my chair is, I'm slowly UN
charging.. Was another early up day, and I worked hard
so I earned my tired :-) I'm ready to get OUT of this
chair, by choice and onto my bed, NOT the floor :-)

Time to post and clean up my sewing mess and to find a
snack.. Then TV for a while... So... Time for this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE to say "G'day, G'day". :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You " is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Bob and I had chili beans today, to finish off our beans.I don't make my chili hot anymore, very mild now...sure was good.
    Glad Penny was able to make it in today...how are your roads there...I hear we going to have good weather this week.
    Our dogs Heidi died last night,she was 14 years and 3 months old...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm. Chili - I'd love to be smelling that. I love chili - and you are right home-made is the best. The canned/jarred stuff just doesn't cut it,
    Sounds like your sewing projects are doing well - that's great!
    And please do keep your chair charged!! Don't want you stalling out in a bad place.. I know about power chairs because of my brother-in-law. In fact have one sitting in my garage for sale (reminds me - need to charge it).
    Penny is a good friend! So great you have her.
    thinking of you all the time - Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    No I cant eat hot spicey food. Burns me up... We are still under the gun for snow for the next couple days..then maybe nice, Best way to tell the weather here is to look out the window :-) lol...
    So sorry to hear about your dog..she lived a long time, and with you as a master im sure she had a very good life..
    Keep well Mary..

    Hiya Butty! :-)
    Im sure enjoying this machine and sewing again.. I learn, slow but sure, thats me :-) Id be lost without Penny..

    Good to hear from you !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker