ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 26, 2009

~Slipper Socks~


There is Penny, my foot model :-) She came in today and
I showed her my slippersocks. She loves them, Dutch how
ever attacked them.. For some reason he didn't like them.
But they fit Penny perfectly and she liked how warm they
kept her feet.. Its like walking around in your socks really
but just warmer and better looking... :-) Look at how mad
Dutch is.. see his ears in that photo? :-)
She watched as I cut them out, then sewed them together
and handed them to her to try on for me.. I told her she
has to.. since shes the only one with feet here :-) From the
time I cut them out and sewed them together took about
half an hour. Doesn't take long, its only 3 pattern pieces.
I designed these my self, its my own pattern. I have it in
2 sizes, since polar fleece does stretch.. I have what I
just made as childs size, then the other I have it as adult,
I guess for a man I could go larger if they have big feet,
like someone I know :-)....
I gave that pair to Penny and told her she can advertise them
for me.. I figure a fair price is 6.00 a pair, you cant buy slippers
in the store for that, I know, we looked and the ones we saw
that I wanted for here to let company use so they can take off
their shoes, the cheapest ugly pair started at 10.oo... Plus mine
are washable.. which is a BIG plus..

Penny said she would like a pair for her grand daughter, so I
told her I can make a matching pair for them that I bet her
grand would like.. Penny agreed.. I am hoping to get some more
polar fleece in animal prints which really look cute... I told
Penny with her pants legs up she looks like an elf :-) She
laughed...

So I did accomplish something today and I am most pleased.
Plus Penny brought out my sewing drawer things and moved
the 2 extra dining chairs into the bedroom so its looking a lot
better.. When I get it all set I will take another photo.. But I
had to show you I DO know how to sew, and I plan to make a
few new SILK skirts .. I do need them you know :-)

What else I need is lunch, Penny cooked some 'springs' as I
call them which is really rotini.. I had sauce in the freezer,
so that worked out well for the springs and that's what my
late lunch is going to be.. I saw they have pork ribs on sale
and I love ribs with sauerkraut.. I havent had that in ages,
and it sure sounds good.. Penny is getting both for me today.
and that may be dinner tomorrow or may be I will wait and
make them when the boy can come over and eat.. Food always
makes you feel better.. Ribs and sauerkraut, specially mine
are one of Donnies favs.. And he needs cheering up..

Time to post and eat lunch and make another pair of slipper
socks.. So that means its time this SEWING GORGEOUS
WEEBLE says "G'day, G'day"... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks !!!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That's GREAT!!!! You sewing again. I'm SO pleased for you and those slipper sox look very fancy and cozy!!
    WELL DONE!!!
    Take care, Honey, get the production line going!!!
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hey those slippersock look wonderful on Penny...you did a wonderful job Lois....and we all know you sew real well my friend.
    We are getting a winter mix here, and it real slick now... hoping to stay in unless the roads and walking are better...it is 21 F right now.
    God sure has been blessing you.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Gorgeous One,
    WOW - the slippersox are great. Hope you make, and sell, lots. I used to wear them as a kid - they were always warm and snuggy in the cold weather.. Think I still have a pair around somewhere actually.

    Hope you are staying warm. Cold and light snow here today - I'm ready for spring.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    Ya I love it.. always have loved to sew.. to create from nothing i enjoy it..Those socks are really warm..and you can put paint on the bottom so they dont slide, for kids.. :-)

    Hi Mary~!
    Thanks kiddo :-) Penny liked them.. Ya we are due to get some more snow too. about 3 inches.. only got up to 20 today... joys of winter :-)

    Hiya Butty!
    Ya they used to make them with a leather sole.. like an indian moccasin... I had them too thats what gave me the idea .. Ones I had were knit and I knit but not that hard stuff LOL.. :-) this is easier :-)

    So nice to hear from y'all Thanks!
    Love N'Hugs,
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker