ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

~Shoe Bags~

I havent put a photo of the boys here lately so figgured was time :-)
They have it rough .. poor babies :-) Those doilies were made by Penny!
I have had the best time today. I got up about 5:30, full of
energy and ready to go and do something.. So I decided I
would gather all my material that I salvaged and all my
sewing stuff and move it all to the kitchen where I am going
to sew.. It took me quite a while cuz Penny put some away
and I did and to remember, well its like doing a rewind and
well, I forget :-) I think I have most everything in the one
spot in the kitchen and I think it will work out fine.. If per
chance someone should come for dinner, well it wont be
hard to clear off that table :-)
When I was in school all those years ago and living up in
Upper Michigan where there are 2 doors on every house,
one regular one and one on the 2nd floor for when the
snow is deep :-) Back then we all walked to school the
only ones that got rides were the bus kids, being a small
town every one lived with in walking distance.. I walked
every day was about 6 blocks maybe, depending on which
way I went.. down the sidewalk or up the alley... :-) I
walked every day, well except the rainy ones, usually my
dad gave me a ride in the jeep, which I preferred anyway
to the car! ..
We all wore snow boots and carried our shoes.. Some used
paper bags, some just carried them.. Me, I had a shoe bag
that I carried my shoes in.. The shoe store sold them, and
they were the best thing for carrying your shoes.. When I
lived in Houston and went to work every day, of course we
didn't have snow but we sure had our share of RAIN! I was
walking into the building carrying my good high heels that I
was going to wear while I worked and I had a pair of rubber
boots on cuz when it rains in Houston, always be prepared for
wet feet from all the flooding there.. And the street that
my job was on flooded with even just a slight rain storm.. Well
I got out of the car, closed the door and went to walk to the
building when I dropped BOTH my shoes into this huge puddle.
LEATHER shoes now, and a pair of my favs.. I was so MAD!..
I still wore them, I dried them off the best I could but I had
to wear them all day and it was awful.. by the days end they
squeaked.. all day long I vowed this would NOT happen again
because as soon as I got home I was making a shoe bag like
the one I carried years before.. To keep my rubber boots
on would have totally clashed with the outfit I was wearing
that day anyway and THAT was NOT acceptable.. I wore
the wet squeaky shoes :-)

I got home that night and went directly to my sewing room,
I did NOT pass go, I did NOT collect 200.oo I designed a
shoe bag like I remembered I had years ago.. There are
photos of my shoe bag I designed.. It has a zipper closure
and In side is another piece of the same material about a
foot square, enough to put between the shoes to keep them
separate... It works great.. I made a dozen of these and
was at a craft show, a lady came up and bought every one
of the ones left, which they sold really fast, about 4 I think,
but she ordered 10 more for her family and co-workers
that she was "sure" they would appreciate having something
like this bag.. I enjoy designing.. Plus this bag can be used
to put in a suitcase for when you travel rather than a grocery
bag that many use.. Its a good thing :-) ask Martha :-)

I am feeling quite useful again and I am glad.. It makes it
more worthwhile to have a good reason to get up every day.
We all need a "reason"... however big or small it is.. And
now with grands I can sew for.. well this GRAN is most
willing and eager to do it.. Sewing to me is play and most
relaxing, I turn my radio on, have all my stuff right there
and I have a good time.. I put the foot pedal right in front
of where I sew and the palm of my hand pushes it down,
and it works good.. I keep experimenting for a good way
and I will find one .. :-)


Now, I'm gonna go find some lunch and eat, I'm starved.
I will eat this time of day then later about 5 or 6 I have
something light like peaches or something.. I sent Penny
to the store yesterday to get me some more of those
Sara lee cheesecake bites.. They are SO Good- It maybe
is a good thing they were out cuz I probly woulda ate
them in 2 nights too.. Talk about good.. MMMM Try them
they are REALLY tasty.. fattening chair shrinkers, I
know Raife :-) but I don't care.. They was GOOD :-)

Time to eat and then sew for a while then TV and down
for the day... I don't stay online very long past 2 or 3
unless I have a pre arrangement for a chat.. which I don't
mind.. with all the different time zones, most everyone I
know is on a different one, my son is 6 hrs ahead, Blue
in AU is 16 hours WAY ahead.. so I have to plan ahead for
those.. :-) The time has come to write my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "G'day, G'day". :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya, and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Love the pictures Lois...
    Yes we got a little ice and snow, I did not order it,I really wanted just rain...
    Staying in all days has been great, but the phone has keep me some what busy...
    Keep on sewing Lois, hoping next week I will be doing the same, lot of repair on Pam and Becky clothes. I'm wanting to do some more sewing for Pam, she like wearing dresses around the house. And her being so large it hard to buy for her...I think you got me in the sewing mood.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad you like them.. We got more snow today again.. I love to sew, I really enjoy it.. I just run out of steam and have to take too many breaks, my arms give out :-) lol

    Keep Well Mary :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker