ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, January 25, 2009

~Making a Sewing Area~


I got up at 6 and guess what I have been doing all
day so far? Yup, playin in my kitchen and making a
nice sewing area.. I looked over my dining room chairs,
3 are ok, but 1 of them I'm afraid has seen its last
days.. When I was looking over my chairs I noticed
one of them the leg was sawed off.. It wasn't broken
the cut is too smooth.. why the leg would be cut off I
have no idea, but the thing is, it being cut off its still
level..and the other 3 legs are fine! But the way its
cut, its at an angle, the end is like a V . No one I know
has cut this and I KNOW my dad would never level
a chair by cutting it that way ! :-) No one would,, even
me I would never level a chair by cutting it that way,
so how it got cut like that I have NO idea... and its
one of the good chairs.. well 2 out of 3 aint bad .. I
don't expect a lot of company anyway, plus I have 4
card table chairs, but I was surprised to see that
leg cut like that and wonder why I never noticed it
before...
Donnie stepped off my living room as I couldn't find my
tape measure.. he has big feet and they are exactly a
foot long.. my living room from the front door to the
doorway going into the hall is 29 feet long.. The kitchen
is the same.. This is a big place I TOLD YOU!.... It could
easily have been made into 2 bedrooms or at least the
bathroom made bigger. Its quite small compared to the
rest of this place.. Its really great here..

When I sit here and look around at this new house, well
ok apartment, but its really like a house its so private.
I am just so pleased at how nice it is.. Everyone that
comes here compares this to that little house, which was
cute, but just not for me.. It could have been adapted,
but this one, except for the bathroom is really great.
To live in such a nice place just makes me feel better,
like when I get dressed up every day, when I look good,
I feel good.. Its amazing what clothes and your surroundings
can do to influence how you feel.. This place makes me feel
good and I cant say it often enough how grateful I am to
be here.. I cant wait for summer when anytime I want I can
open that door and just go outside all by my self.. THAT will
be a real blessing.. I will enjoy that.. specially if I can get a
little deck made out back and can sit out there like I used
to before.. at the condo with David, in my other life...

My lanai was one of my favorite spots.. I would sit out there
every day, early morning, to listen to the world waking up,
the sounds of the cars and the machinery at the factorys
a block away.. At Sunset was my most favorite time though.
Smell the grass from one of the neighbors cutting it.. or
see the kids riding their bikes down the road. Other than
those sounds that was all I would hear, the factorys had
closed and most of the cars had made that mad dash home
after work.. NOW was the time to wind down and just enjoy
being alive.. That's how it was for me when I sat outside..
and its gonna be that same way again.. I KNOW it... and I
cant wait.. :-)

I had left over meat pie today and it was better than it was
yesterday, The boy went home with out any leftovers which
I was surprised, but I didn't remind him either :-) Not saying
I didn't want him to have any of it but, well I love meat pie
too!. .Was so funny to watch and listen to Donnie eat it.. He
sat on the couch and all he would do to answer me when I
talked to him was nod his head.. and the only sound he made
was MMM MMM MMM... he liked the meat pie.. :-)

Time to eat and finish up in the kitchen before I run out of
steam for today that does happen to me once in a while.. So
while I still have a little get up and go I better Get UP and
GO! :-) First I hafta write my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"G'day, G'day" cant close this without that... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God BLess You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That "cut" leg on your chair is quite certainly a clean break! If you look at the grain of the wood just there, it is parallel to the break. My guess is that the chair has been put down very hard or dropped on that leg. Because the leg and back are sawn in a curve out of a single piece, not steamed to a curve, the grain does funny things just down there. A competent restorer could glue a piece of matching timber in there and then shape it so's you would hardly notice it - I know, I've done that sort of work on antiques.
    These jobs keep piling up!!! Don't scrap the chair, will you?
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    You do have a large Kitchen and Living room...sure make it better for you to play around in right.
    Glad you got a place for your sewing machine...
    And you could have a big party there too...
    God bless you Lois
    Love the picture too.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    I know and you could be right...I had thought that too.. Be easy to cover the seats on them...Your list keeps getting bigger fella, you better hurry up and swim that pond !! :-)

    Hiya Mary,
    Its a really nice place here and now that I can sew again, well cant get too much better.. I will send a pair of slipper socks to you if you would like a pair.. I think you will like them for at home.. keep your tootsies warm :-)

    So nice to hear from you !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

    Ps, Raife you need something to keep your tootsies warm hon? :-D lol....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker