ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

~Oven Mitts~

We got some more snow and its been snowing since last
nite.. Penny called and shes stuck so she didn't come
today. Said she will come tomorrow, I hope so I want to
wash some of the salvaged material I have.. I hope it
can be saved.. I think so, she washed some before and
smell came out, so I'm hoping this will too.. I have quite
a bit of material I found,so I can do some sewing.. I'm ready
for it though , its not like I have a ton of other stuff
to do :-) Well NOW I do, I made a really big mess
digging out all this stuff so you know what I am doing
after I post this.. CLEANING :-) well probly eatin too :-)
I made some microwave oven mitts. I sold these at my
shop .. If you look through some catalogs you will see
them for sale there too.. That's where I got the idea to
make them, they put the measurements down so its not
hard to figure out how to make them.. I have to say they
are so much better than using a towel or even regular
hot pads, because they are smaller, theres not a lot of
room in a microwave specially if its a big dish.. So these
little things come in handy plus they are washable too..
Ive made a lot of them, and of course gave the pattern
to my sis and she made them for her craft shows.. like
I did...


I found a new pattern for another pair of slippers I am
anxious to make, I think they will be so cute and useful.. I
was talking to a friend about bags, I told him I had at one
time made cards up with my business name being "The
Bag Lady" .. I can make any kind.. Well this friend wants a
bag to carry all his camera stuff plus extra pockets for
notes or his phone. He contacted a camera place to ask if
they had one or could make one for him to carry all his stuff,
and they didn't and whats more didn't offer to make one for
him.. I told him I can make one and just send the sizes of
the stuff he wants to put in this bag.. They are so easy to
make.. and fun.. I made one bag, that was about 3 inches square,
inside that bag, was another 16 inch tote bag, PLUS a matching
fishermans hat... They were great for summer shopping at flea
markets or anywhere if suddenly you needed a hat for the sun
and a extra bag to carry stuff... I called them my Hat N Sack ...
Sewing is such fun.. I found a piece of red SILK.. 3 guesses
what I'm gonna make otta that!! :-) yup a new red silk skirt..
That's next on the assembly line :-)


I got my angel food yesterday I had forgotten about it.
So, you KNOW what my dinner is today? A nice sirloin
steak with a baked potato... Doesn't that sound good?
This angel food is available in just about every town and
the food is wonderful .. not cheapie stuff. Plus it has
lots of variety of what you can get, the VERY best part
is they take food stamps :-) It says its enough to feed
a family of 4 for a week and it costs 30 dollars.. to feed
a family for a week would cost a lot more than that.. It
lasts me a long time, well it does when I don't share :-)
But how can I not give the kid a nice steak for him to
cook on his grill ... :-)


I'm kinda tired, I got up at 4:30, why, I have NO idea, well,
probly cuz I fell asleep at 7 last nite.. I woke up at 10:30
and just changed positions and went back to sleep :-) So
I am ready to get out of this chair for today, plus I did
a lot too, so I earned my tired for today.. :-) Time to post
and get my stuff finished, so ... its that time again :-)
This GORGEOUS WEEBLE says "g'day, g'day" :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks !
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again ....

3 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois love the microwave oven mitts, I might try later to make me some...I keep old wash rag close by for use for everything. Most of the time I never get my hot pads out.
    Today our road are clearing today, I stay in all day....
    God bless you Lois.
    mary

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad you like them, theyre really handy... I can send a pair to you and the pattern if you like, then you can make some for your friends :-) I stay in all the time :-) aint too bad :-)

    Hope you are well, and warm...
    Take care Mary,
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes thank you. I would like that...Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker