ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, January 30, 2009

~Snow Arrangements~


I called COA today to make arrangements for their snow
shoveler guy to come and shovel for me. I watched Penny
out there yesterday, freezing cold, she hadnt brought a
hat with her, luckily she had gloves.. Penny isnt paid to
shovel snow.. but if she hadnt yesterday with the street
plow covering the end of the driveway she would have
gotten stuck had she drove through it and then what would
we have done? Who would we call? So I decided that I
cant depend on Joes plow guy to come when it needs it..

I KNOW the guy from COA- he did my snow at the little
house. Plus, there are 3 mail boxes out front, yet it seems
I am the only one that's keeping it clean in front of them.
I will move my mail box father away from them so the
mail lady has to stop at mine separately.. I bet she will
bitch about that since she doesn't even bring the mail to
the door like shes sposta when its a box or something..
but I'm not doing the other mailboxes, specially since they
don't even take a turn doing them.. The one box belongs
to the house across the street... I aint doin theirs.. They
have 2 young boys I see all the time playing out in the yard,
they are plenty big enough to shovel.. but I don't see that
they keep even their sidewalk OR steps clear.. Well mine
will be, I like getting mail.. :-) And this isnt Pennys job. So
the COA guy will be coming from now on.. I'm glad.. Penny
is happy too... :-)

Penny came today and we arranged and re arranged. I need
something to put this material in.. a cabinet or something.. we
had thought about taking all the stuff out of the gold cabinet
out there and putting the stuff in the cabinets by the sink.
Only thing is, I wouldn't be able to reach anything out of it..
that's the bad part, or it would be perfect to put my material
and sewing stuff in.. I still might do it but I'm not sure yet..

I still have not gotten the part for my oven. I did get a call
from the repair guys wife, she wanted to tell me that Joe
had decided to just get me a new "refridgerator". I said
"huh?, I'm the one with the stove". She apologized and said
she must have gotten them confused.. She was sposta check
and find out when they will finish fixing this stove but ive
not heard anything.. But I have to call Joe, I have ants ... :-)

I know, always something, but I have killed at least 5 big
black ants, carpenter ants I call them, but could be baby
termites, I don't know. Ive never had this problem before.
I did with tiny little red ants at the apartment, but not
these kind of black ones. How I happened to see it being
as blind as I am :-) I saw the boy, Dutch, just staring at
the ceiling with his no sound meows. All he does is open his
mouth, but no sound; once in a while a faint squeek.. But I
looked to see what he was looking at and knowing when he
acts like that its usually a spider, which I HATE, but it
was a ant.. I got the broom, ya, I can get to the broom now.
Its in the laundry room by the door, not like at the little
house, and smashed the ant.. So, that's on my list for Joe.
This poor man is gonna think I'm a pest :-) but if it is
termites he needs to know.. I don't think it is but I want
the ants gone too! Maybe one of his other tenants have
this problem and he can fix it.. I HOPE! Always something.

Well I have left over chili waiting for me and it was 1000
times better than it smelled let me tell ya.. Was M M
Good.. :-) We, yes, I helped, got a lot done, and I am kinda
wore out.. So its time to post this, then lunch, then maybe
a 5. Sounds good :-) This GORGEOUS WEEBLE says
"G'day, G'day". :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is 54 F right now, very nice day here.
    Got the church all clean up and did a few extra thing that needed to be done there...
    Had to buy Becky and other vac cleaner today...the old one lasted about 7 years...hope this one does too or longer.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Gee, those are pretty tough ants, surviving the cold over there. We don't reckon to have ants show up over here 'til the summer time. Did a repair job on the Church vacuum cleaner, yesterday - they know where to find "Mr Fixit", don't they? Seeing Mary's post reminded me!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    re ants or termites. Home Depot or Lowe's has insectides for ants and other small critters. Keep the cats in the other room for 4 hours after you spray. The little ones will be worse in the heat of spring summer.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Lois.
    Gosh when do you get to bed ?lol
    You seem so busy these days, what with sewing, cleaning , making us all those wonderful taggies & Stats which I so love thank you Hun Bun ,
    I see you were making chilli ( it sounded yummy) We love chilli.

    Dealing with the Ants OMG! Ants? I really hope they get rid of them for you soon.

    We are still waiting for snow over here !! Supposed to get some this weekend, in the meantime it is just cold winds with a bit of frost. I know we should be grateful; but you know Me Lois ! I love snow lol lol

    Take care . Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs AUDREY

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary, Raife, Momar, Audrey,
    So very NICE to hear from Y'all !!! thanks :-) Today is super cold.. ive been sewing and playing.. and working. Not seen any ants today thankfully !!

    Keep well and warm and safe ~!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker