ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

~The Dress Is Done~

Doll in her Christmas set, Dutch has to be in this too :-)
I finished my dolls dress and made a hat for her to
match. She looks cute I think plus she matches my
living room colors now a lot better. Maybe later I will
make her a sun dress. Donnies mom made her for me
a long time ago. Lots of people have to look twice to
make sure its not a real little kid!.. The dress is a size
3. So shes a big girl.. I know, I'm a little old to be
playing with dolls, but its fun to make clothes for her.
Doll clothes were the first things I learned to make.
Dolls new dress & hat.
I still remember sitting on my grandparents front
porch, with thread and cloth and a needle. I didn't
realize back then that gramma knew how to sew too.
Where else did my mother learn? And she was an
expert, I think that's where I got my talent from,
without realizing it, from watching her. She would
help me if I asked her, but most of the time she let
me figure it out.. That's the best way, to try and see
if you can do something AND of course the best and
easiest way to do something, that applies to every
thing, not just sewing...
Penny phoned and she still is not up to par. She was
willing to come in but I told her I would rather she
be total well so I don't get it. She will be here in
the morning. Plus the boys and I have been pretty
neat.. Well until Jerky came in like a bull in a China
shop last nite.. Donnie came by and had the dog
with him.. The company was ORKIN. They left a rat
trap in his garage and the dog found it and ate it.
It said that it was tamper proof, but a 80 pound
dog? I don't think it was meant to stop him. Donnie
called ORKIN and told them what his de bugger man
did and they have offered to pay his vet bills.. Jerky
is still in danger and has to be watched all the time.
Donnie is to keep checking his gums, if they get
brown spots on them Jerky is in trouble.. Donnie is
so upset about this..and I sure don't blame him. How
could this guy leave something that dangerous where
ANY animal could get into it.. or even a child! Donnie
has 4 grands that play in his garage, what if they had
gotten it.. Most un professional.. He has cancelled any
further service from them and I would too...

Donnie tried to fix the arm of my chair when he was
here. But he just isnt familiar with wheel chair repair.
The whole arm moves and the left one doesn't
move at all.. I have NO idea what to do to fix it.. I did
call R & R and am waiting for a call back to see if it can
be fixed.. I hope so.. makes me nervous when it feels so
loose.. that's all I would need is to fall out of this chair
cuz the arm fell off.. :-) I have more crap hey? :-) oh
well.. again, the joys of chair life... I'm SO glad no one
pre warned me about this.. I really would NOT have
been too happy .. :-) Learning as I go is better :-)

I'm hungry and need food, what, I have NO IDEA. I
will have to just look and see what looks back at me.
Maybe something will fall out of the freezer just
begging me to cook it.. I wish it would fall out already
cooked too ! NOW, THAT would really be a treat..
Miracle would be more like it I think :-) Time to post,
and my daily GORGEOUS WEEBLE, "G'day, G'day".


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today.
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again..

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a blizzard mentality when it comes to food. I always have pints and quarts of foods some labled and some not in the freezer and frig. I go shopping for foods on Wednesday and Saturday

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    I wish sometimes I did have a bigger freezer so I could keep more.. They are handy... Glad your cold is better!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker