ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

~We Got Snowed~ :-)


Well we got the snow and its not done yet. I had to call
Joe and ask if his snow plow guy was gonna plow today.
I looked out at the driveway and with the city plows
doing the street, there is NO way Penny will be able to
pull into the driveway tomorrow morning.. So I hope that
he will come and do it.. Penny will have to shovel her way
to the door but at least she wont get stuck. With all this
snow my company wont be coming today :-( I had a nice
dinner all planned too.. Joys of living in Michigan.. just live
day by day, don't plan, specially in the winter :-)

I have gotten lots done today though. I cut out the dress
for my doll here in the living room. I even plan to make her
a little matching hat. Hats are so easy to make and I like
making them ... At one time I made hats for a lady that
did the marketing more or less, she took them around to
different stores and shops to sell them. They did sell very
well as most were washable, plus they were reversible, so
it was like getting 2 hats in one. like my welding hats I made
for my ex brother in law. They say women are so fussy
about hats and things, well.. John was just as bad as were
the other welders.. NONE wanted alike hats, all had to
be different material.. and they say women are bad :-)
The leather ones turned out really nice.

I have mastered my use of my sewing machine that is
working out great. When I called the BROTHER sewing
machine company and talked to that woman, that I swear
was NOT a sewer, she may have known how to operate
a sewing machine, but she wasn't a sewer.. To only turn
a machine on and off you would have no control of the
speed.. she didn't realize that so that's how I KNOW
she doesn't sew.. You have to control the speed, fast
or slow or a stitch at a time.. Anyway- I put my 'foot
pedal' on my arm rest next to the joy stick which helps
keep it up there. Then I use my elbow to control my
machine speed.. works great plus it leaves my hand
free to control my material.. Only thing I seem to be
having a problem with is remembering to move it
from there before I roll away from the table.!. :-)
Ive done that twice now and the case for the pedal
is just plastic and I'm glad it hasnt broken when it
hit the floor.. :-)

Joys of chair life, it still amazes me that even though
being a nurse and around chairs and disabled, I never
fully realized just how challenging chair life is.. Its
not as easy as some make it look the way they jump
in and out of their chairs.. But if you look close those
chairs are different.. closer to the ground, and most
of the people are young. I have no doubt if I was in
my 30's that I would be just as active and probly be
no stopping me.. Now, at 64 I'm not saying its hard,
but its not THAT easy either. and too when you have
other health issues that can cause problems.. that
makes a difference too.. I am most grateful though
that I do have this chair.. just think if no one had
invented it.. I hate to think of what some people
would come up with :-)

Well its lunch time and I'm hungry as usual.. I think I
will have some pea soup.. I love that stuff, its by
Progresso.. which makes the VERY best soup.. Its a tad
more expensive but well worth it for the taste it has.
Time to post and eat and sew AND write my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE "g'day, g'day". :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks.
ALways, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today.
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

3 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Watch out for those store bought soups - most of them are high in salt. I make all my own soups. The only salt in my soups is from the grated cheese. If you do not have high blood pressure - you do not have to worry - I am telling the retired nurse.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Ok Lois how many inches of snow do you have there my friend???
    So sorry it messed up your Sunday plans.
    Took Becky to the E.R. this morning, the pressure sore needed some meds... Had to keep her in bed today, that sure make Becky unhappy...Working on a pad for Becky Ger chair, with a hole for the bottom...Hoping she will be able to go to the work shop and not have to stay in bed. She has to in a reclining most of the time.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Yes even Campbells are super salty, I dont eat but it once in a great while so shouldnt be a problem.. I dont like alot of salt... Hope your Toad is gone :-)

    Hiya Mary~!
    I would say at least 6 inches of snow if not more.. Oh well there are lots more sundays to have company.. I hope Becky gets better!

    So nice to hear from you...
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker