ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, March 28, 2009

~Busy Neighbor~

Spring is here. Everyone is working out in their yards.
The lady across the street was busy as a bee out there.
Got her big lot cleaned out and ready for a garden.. She
did it the easy way by burning the dead grass and leaves.
Some towns, like Elkhart, you cant burn anything in the
city limits, like grass or your trash.. Lots of people, like
where I lived, in the county, we had barrels that we
burned our paper trash in.. saved on garbage, wasn't so
much.. Plus with a wood stove to burn magazines or
newspapers with the colored print is very good for a
wood stove, my Dad told me, and because,,, it burns the
creosote out of the chimney.!. Which is very good, cuz
you have to keep them clean, a chimney fire is NOT a
good thing.. and too much of a build up of it will catch
fire.. So anyway,,, This lady had her a couple fires
going.. But look at the company she had out there...
Count them, do you see 3 cats? One orange is next to the black which
lives over at that other house, he was visiting, and wanting
some human company I think.. Many times the lady stopped
and petted all 3 of them.. I think the 2 orange ones are
hers...I was so glad to see the black kittie getting some
attention.. He/she jumped and ran and just had the best
time with the lady and the cats.. Was so nice to see..
Everything, animals, people.. all need a little lovin :-) and
seein the black kittie happy was so good...
As she dug in the dirt I watched as the cats dug with her.
Mine used to do that.. I had Fuzz, a black Persian and she
was a beauty and a sweet cat. She followed me around
no matter where I went inside or out, when I tried to plant
flowers Fuzz had a great time till I saw she was digging up
what I had just planted !! That lady might have the same
problem.. :-)
I am wondering if she is planting a veggie garden... if she is,
I need to get to know this lady..:-) well when it comes to
harvesting time of a garden, I like being included on the
reaping of all the goodies !! I love fresh veggies.. I'm having
my own tomato bush AND strawberrys.. I saw a patio planter
for strawberries I might seriously consider for my monthly
spend on myself next month, if its in the budget. :-)
I noticed Carl was getting his boat out of the garage. I bet
hes ready to go fishing.. Spring is springin' :-) everyone is
ready for it I think.. I hope Mary, you don't get that snow
predicted and I HOPE if you do, Mary Do NOT send
it here oki? :-) We have had enough for this year and
really we havent had it too bad this winter, not compared
to some I remember..
I took a photo of the house next door to the black kitties
house. They have a deck out back just what I would like
to have. It would be perfect and looks just the right size.
That would be so nice over here.. see the railing.. I would
like that on mine.. I know that railing would NOT stop this
power chair.. nothing would other than just stopping.. but
I think the railing looks so nice, plus covered with morning
glories or climatis.. would be beautiful...

Well I better close this for today before its TOO long !
I do have a tendency to carry on.. Plus I havent even
mentioned that my sis and Stan came yesterday !!! I shall
tell you all about THAT tomorrow :-) So- for now this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE is ending THIS post , See ya
tomorrow, "g'day, g'day!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    WOW you sure got a lot of great pictures in here..."love it".
    We got 7 inches of snow I think today, are you sure you don't want some of it before it all gone.
    Staying home this weekend, and that feels so good...Make soup the other day and going to cook a big pot of beans Sunday...and I wants some corn bread with it too.
    Right now I love being snow in, cause I don't need to go anywhere...and hope it stays that way...or I will hate this snow.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    If my neighbors only knew they were in my camera sites they may not like it but I dont care LOL.. Ya the snow is headed here. its raining now, its 1 pm.. it will turn to snow.. ARRRRGGGHHHH i was hopin we was done!! :-) Snow days can be fun!!! Wheres BOB? Always nice to be snowed in with a hubby !! :-)

    Have a good sunday Mary!
    Love N'Hugs, Lois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker