ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, March 27, 2009

~Tree Work~


After I posted yesterday I was in my bedroom
watching TV and heard a VERY familiar sound.. I
went to the living room to look outside to see where
the noise was coming from.. The sound was a chain
saw and the guys across the street were taking down
a limb that had broken off and part was on the roof
of their house. I watched them and some of the things
they did scared me for fear they would hurt them
selves let alone damage their house !

follow the ladder, then the clothesline, to where the limb broke...
They got it all done, took them a couple hours.. The one
guy held the rope as the other had the chain saw.. What
kinda worried me is the guy with the saw used a ladder
to climb up the tree, when he stood at the bottom he
started up the Chainsaw, THEN climbed the ladder.. I
don't think THAT really was a good idea, some have
been known to slip.. and he was not tied in at all.. The
blade on the saw was at least 2 foot or longer. He
didn't really handle the saw safely and the rope they
used was a clothes line.. now, if a limb over a foot
across was to fall.. that clothes line would NOT hold
that huge limb... They were lucky.. But it saved having
a tree guy come out.. which to take that limb off? I
would say Willie would have charged $150.oo maybe
more.. He could have used the bucket truck we had
and that limb would have been down in seconds.. Just
one correct cut and it would have been dropped..
The guys across took the limb off in stages, which
for them was the safe way.. But an experienced tree
guy, could have dropped that big limb right where he
wanted. And he wouldn't have used a ladder to get
to it. The ladder was necessary though to get to the
roof of the house where a lot of branches were. It
was lucky that part that broke off didn't go totally
or it would have gone through that roof... Was kinda
fun to watch.. For a small quiet town, there is always
something going on... Wait till this summer...
During the summer is when all the magicians gather
here for shows and conferences to see all the new
magic things there are.. From what I gather its
quite busy here. Most of the shows are put on right
here at the high school.. which if you look at the
house with the tree to the right you can see the high
school, that's how close it is to me.. I could get over
there very easily.. Only thing I would worry about
is getting run over by a car !! :-) But I will go to some
of them, from what Joe says the shows they put on
here are quite something. :-)
Penny came and got us ready for the week end.. Wasn't
a lot to do.. We didn't mess up too badly from our guests
so was just basic stuff to do.. My sister called last nite
and said she found some burgundy sheer curtains on sale
at Wal Mart and she got every pair they had for me.. I
have 2 windows with burgundy curtains, and 2 with white
curtains, I would like ALL my windows to be the same..
I have a feeling she may come up tomorrow. I hope so.
I still have to call her today and see if she has some
canvas that I need to make this bird watcher bag... I
am sure she does..

Time to post and then have lunch.. Dunno what I want
though. I will look and see what I have that I feel like
having and then I might wait to see what the COA is
bringing.. the suppers are great.. This week sure went
fast.. R & R, Jim phoned he was gonna come by yesterday
and set up a time.. then he called back and said his boss
said to not come here and they would send someone
else next week.. I don't understand why but.. I now have
to wait till next week to get this chair fixed.. Seems
all this GORGEOUS WEEBLE does is WAIT... oh well,
if its a good thing, its worth waiting for.. been waiting
for my "g'day, g'day" to end this? I'm done .. for today.

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    WOW GOOD PICTURES LOIS,great pictures of your neighbor house...front row.
    How the weather there, it storming here and they said were going to get some snow tonight and Saturday.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    HI Mary
    Thanks !! If my neighbors knew I did this they would probly gripe but If I knew who they were and had email Id send to them LOL... They are good, my digital camera takes great pics...

    Its sunny but cool here Mary, its 12 noon (saturday) right now and its 43degrees.. not bad.. and clear forecast..

    Hope you have a good week end my friend.. Get some MerryMary Time in ok? You deserve it.. :-)

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker