ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~ We Have Buds!~


The tree is budded..:-) Its right outside this window here
by my computer...It will help a lot this summer to keep the
sun off the house. I think the yard will be so pretty. Ive
looked close at all the photos and if the weather stays
dry I may venture a ride out in the yard tomorrow. I hate
to go out there with these tires on this power chair..theyre
like super deep treads on it...lol
You can see how deep they are, and if I went out on the
grass not sure it wasn't all soggy, when I came back in,
to clean those tires before I rolled onto the carpet, well
I would need a brush ! Some good traction for off road
racing I guess that's why it has the 5 speeds...lol I tried
to take photos of it but the glare from the light was too
bright.. But you can see the buttons.. the center one with
the trumpet looking thing on it is the horn. sounds like a
smoke detector when I push it and when the boys, specially
LB walks really slow in front of me, I hit that horn and he
WILL move then :-)
The boy didn't come over last nite, so I didn't get my
curtain rods up.. I would let Penny try, but shes so tiny
and I worry about her climbing on my step ladder to
try to reach these things.. where Donnie is 6 foot.. he
can reach them with out a ladder !! :-) His transmission
is acting up on his truck, so hes got to repair that. Hes
using Dawns jeep, which was really given to him by her
dad, but she wanted it too besides her blazer, but hes
borrowed it on the pretense of it needs fixed :-)
Hes so smart .. :-)
Well I need to close this for today and get some lunch.
I had a most wonderful surprise last nite. I was already
asleep was about 10.. my phone rang and was my ex..
Danny, my sons father.. was so nice to talk to him again.
Its got to be at least 30 years since I have.. We talked
about old friends and things we did.. was really nice.. I
was glad he called.. I hope he does again.. With 2 sons
between us.. parents need to get along.. So I hope he
will call again. :-)


ANYHOWAY.. this post is done for today..I need FOOD.
Rebecca and Penny come tomorrow.. Yesterday Laima
came by with NO warning.. my caseworker from APS..
she loved this new place and was very pleased at how
nice it is, shes going to try to get Penny more hours.. I
hope so since they wont give her a raise.. Ok.. I'm done
for today.. This GORGEOUS WEEBLE bids you "g'day,
g'day" :-) My son is waiting for me to chat :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    That a good wheelchair there Lois.Love all the pictures you put in here.
    Yes tires when the get dirty make a mess for sure on floors.
    Becky get fitted again this Friday for a new wheelchair...sure hope we get it this time around.
    It's been a cool day here, it will be nice when it spring weather again.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend...Mary

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Since George's chair is Swedish, the contols are iconic. The chair is sold in many countries and the instruction manual is in English for the US.
    I made a really good lentil soup today with carrots, potatoes, onions and lots of sage.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, Quickies are the best.. It works great now since its fixed.. The treads are so deep on it and WHY I have no idea, i guess for outside.. why you would need that kind of tire inside I dont know lol Im so ready for spring.. Im trying to get lumber for my deck ! :-) Free kind of course lol...

    Hiya Momar,
    My chair is a quickie..which Im not :-) but I sure am grateful I have it.. I really felt the difference using my manual again.. I should use it more often just to stay strong.. Boy that soup sounds good. I love lentils.. I havent had that in ages.. I think I used to make pasta fagoule or how ever you spell it..its like spaghetti sauce with lentils.. and spagetti too.. was great.. My ex mother in law, Theresa, she was a great cook.. she taught me alot..

    So good to hear from you!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker