ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, May 25, 2009

~Bad Mail~

It was a good week end till Penny got here and I
had her go out and get Saturdays mail.. I got a letter
from Keystone, my rent is going up 112.oo more a month..
or it will be gradually increased to that by December.
No reason or rhyme given for the increase. I will find
out tomorrow, This is what Rebecca was talking about.
I don't know what to do.. I cant afford that big of an
increase on my rent, I have NO idea where they think
I can get that money from. Plus I would like to know
the reason for the increase.. They should at least have
the courtesy to tell me that.. Just says due to 'recent
knowledge'.. Bad mail... :-(

Id like to know.. maybe others that are on this grant
wouldn't understand this stuff but I do.. I think I
should be made aware of changes BEFORE they happen
AND a reason why.. I wish now I had waited till when
Penny comes Wednesday to get the mail.. This just makes
me so mad.. Just out of the blue, they can do this for
what ever reason.. I think they should or Rebecca should
have WHEN she KNEW the details told me in person,
when she could explain it better... I am NOT a happy
camper.. this much of a rent increase could mean I have
to move to a cheaper place. I wonder if Joe lowered the
rent would it not change? Or did Joe RAISE the rent
is why this is happening? I should call and talk to Joe.
This is NOT good.. I sure hate to think of having to move.
But I cannot afford that big of a rent increase.. whether
its extended over 6 months or 10 years... I cant do it..
not, and live halfway decent. This really sucks. I already
DREAD tomorrow... No sleep tonite ... :-(

I do have some beautiful peony's out there blooming. .A few
of the white and a couple of the pinks.. So very pretty .. I
sat there by the open door, no, Dutch and I did.. I kinda sit
sideways so my stumps are spread like L shaped.. the short
one to the back of the chair and the left along the left side.
Then Dutch sits right on that empty corner and we watch
the birds.. Its really cute how he sits there. We did that
this morning while I drank my coffee and waited for Penny.
I saw a lady across the way, the house behind the rampman's
house sitting and enjoying a coffee too.. I waved but I don't
think she saw me.. :-)

Penny made it this morning but was late due to parades.. She
got caught in the one in Three Rivers AND Centreville.. But
she got to see them anyway.. I had honestly forgotten that
it was a holiday today until she phoned and said she was late
cuz she was stuck in Centrevilles Memorial Day Parade.. :-)
I dunno if there was one here or not.. I don't think so.. As
small a place as Colon is it wouldn't be a big one :-) But its
a nice little town.. I hate to think of moving from here... I
have to talk to Joe or Doug at CMH.. Maybe this increase
is cuz I don't have a caseworker anymore.. I don't know..
They should have told me a specific reason.. I think anyway.

Well Penny made some goulash for lunch and even though
I'm a tad upset I'm still hungry and it sure smells good..
So This UPSET GORGEOUS WEEBLE says Happy Memorial
Day.. Be safe and careful.. DONT over eat either ! :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and Thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Here in NYC we have rent stabilization - but it does not apply to housing like yours. Talk to your social work maybe she can help. Here we have something called SCRIE - senior citizens rent increase exemption. but it would not apply to housing like yours - good luck with it.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    I just found out this grant is really through HUD. I think thats only for home owners.. Im a renter..:-)
    Good to hear from you.. getting your fire damage fixed?

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Something is wrong here, rent increase should not take place until you have at least a years time. Look at your lease, what reason could they possibly increase your rent, maybe its because you make a few buxs sewing...and they think you are violating your lease by turning the place into a commercial shop.. seems crazy to me but that is all I can think of, but I would not worry, it would cost much more to evict you and get another person to rent the place. Maybe you could rent the garage to the person who is using the driveway for his back hoe parking.. talk to your landlord now... don't wait, it will eat you up...
    God Bless
    Will

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker