ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

~Look For The Good~ :-)

I slept better last night, I'm so glad, I don't feel as
tired today. Its a sort of dull rainy day and kinda
gloomy but this sort of day makes everything look so
green, and shiney wet.. It really is pretty.. There is
something good to enjoy no matter what you look at
if you look at the right side of it.. When I look at
something I see differently than you would or some
one else.. So many LOOK for the bad, they don't see
the good that is there waiting to be seen...but its
there ! :-)

Many times Ive gone into houses or apartments that
were so bad.. but when I looked at them I see what
they CAN and COULD be.. I try to do that with every
thing, even people.. Lots of people hide their good
qualities rather than show them, not wanting anyone
to know there IS more to them... I like seeing what
is POSSIBLE.. what can be done to improve, maybe
is the wrong word, so lets say help make it what
it COULD be, the potential I see.

When I am in sewing mode, I can pick up a piece of
folded material.. look at it. and I can see it as a skirt,
or a top.. even a quilt... I see what that fabric can be
made into with a little help from not just me, but the
thread and pins or pattern, what ever it might take
to show it CAN be made into something worthwhile..
I think that's why I like to sew so much... :-) Looking
for the good is so much better than looking for the
bad, in no matter what it is..

I am glad you enjoyed my Brother Andy story yesterday.
In my book he was a marvelous man, one I looked up to,
many did, he has led many people to the Lord, We had
a chicken dinner one Sunday after church, Brother Andy
gave the blessing of the food.. at the end of his prayer,
he reached down and took a chicken wing off his plate,
held it up... and said "Lord, I am SO grateful that you
made chickens with wings, Amen".. We all smiled and most
of the people there agreed.. :-)

Rebecca came today, bearing gifts, some wonderful
mirrors for my wall and some stove covers for the
burners on my stove.. She is such a sweetie.. We did
talk about my grant.. she has emphatically told me
"Lois, Do NOT worry" So I am taking her at her word.
Penny is making us a meatloaf for lunch which I LOVE!
with a nice baked potato and some brussel sprouts,
that they have on sale, be some good eating.. wanna
come join me? :-)

Time to post and help Penny with lunch. Rebecca asked
me to adopt a baby calico kitten that is in desperate
need of some TLC.. and a home.. I told Penny I would
consider one of her babies, but if this little Callie is
in need, how can you turn your back to help a kittie?
Only thing is Callie is a un neutered female.. that will
NOT work with me having 2 males..even though they
are neutered.. they still diddle.. ask their stuffed
girl friends. :-) Be nice to have a baby kittie tho.. :-)

Done for today, which means time for my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "I shall return" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    The weather here has been FOUL!!!! Rained most of the day. The forecasters say it is what is left of a hurricane that you guys over there have sent across the Atlantic to us. Thanks very much!!!
    Down in the wesvinglun, we have had rotten weather this summer. Over to the East, in Sussex, where the daughter and the scallywags are, the weather has been much better - they have actually had a bit of Summer now and then. Maybe we will get an Indian Summer in September?

    Just hang on to that thought that everything will turn out O.K. for you. I do put in a word to the Lord about it every night!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi hon! Have some catch up on you to do... Got a little time tonight, despite all the work i have left, after my dreadful stomach-illness. Tried to reach you on mail and yahoo but failed.... Bah!!!
    Now im gonna catch some sleep, b4 next hard day. Kisses dear, you are as allways, on my mind!
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Yes it always good to look for the best in everything...God is so good and he know how to bless us with the little thing in life if we will take the time for it...I know I get so busy it hard to set still and enjoy my surrounding...I do love being home and I love the quietness. Having a cup of tea with my hubby and not having to be on the run all the time...seating on the porch swing and just watching life as it goes by...will we do have new neighbor and they are always keeping the street real busy with all there friends running up and down...and they party every weekend...but that a part of life too, even if I like for them to move somewhere else.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    At least it will be getting cooler today in nyc. I think the high will be in the upper 20sC or 78F. I am looking forward to a cool autumn

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    That hurricane did it NOT US ! WE didnt want it either! 4 days of rain ahead for us it says :-( arrrghhh lol..

    Hi Rob!
    Glad your better and so good to hear from you. I have been logging off early lately.. getting out of this chair.. I will watch for you.. :-)

    Hi Mary,
    Its sad that your neighbors dont consider others. Thats too bad.
    We have 4 days of RAIN ahead, be good for the brown spots on the lawn LOL...

    Hiya Momar,
    ALready feels like fall outside, only in the 70's the rest of this week.. stinkin hurricane ! lol..

    So Very Nice to hear from Y'all. :-) thanks :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker